Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Washington...  (Read 79134 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: It's getting sporty in Washington...
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2021, 05:00:46 PM »

ETA: [Big, humongous, tinfoil hat on my head] Are we sure the violence is really from the right, and not from antifa types that embedded themselves in the protest to impersonate "right wing militias"? It wouldn't take many of them to start something, and then get some on edge real right wing protestors to just lemming along. I might be reading too much Kurt Schlichter.

https://www.facebook.com/erika.lake/posts/10158931676933695

Some of the "Trump Supporters" have hammer/sickle tattoos on their hands and been social media tagged at antifa protests elsewhere.

EDIT:  Evidently it's not a hammer/sickle.  It's a tattoo called an Outsider's Mark from a video game called Dishonored.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 10:26:16 PM by AZRedhawk44 »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2021, 05:04:00 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/erika.lake/posts/10158931676933695

Some of the "Trump Supporters" have hammer/sickle tattoos on their hands and been social media tagged at antifa protests elsewhere.

That's almost exactly out of Schlichter's latest novel.

Not to completely buy into my own paranoia, but there seemed to be a much greater than normal number of Gadsden flags than at other protests I've seen.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2021, 05:07:40 PM »
All that *expletive deleted*it they piled up won't really burn; they know that but don't seem to know what to do next.  (helpful hint: you put an old tire doused with a little kerosene on top and burn *that*)
"It's good, though..."

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2021, 05:25:32 PM »
Unconfirmed reports that the worst of the protestors are Antifa wolves in MAGA clothing.
Interesting...
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2021, 05:28:00 PM »
Half a year of cities burning under the guise of “peaceful protesting” and you get this.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2021, 05:38:17 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2021, 05:57:04 PM »
Major news networks seem to have no problem calling this a riot.  Unbiased reporting indeed.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2021, 06:04:16 PM »
They should has started chanting communist slogans while throwing molotov cocktails, the media would have gone home after reporting nothing to see here.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2021, 06:12:30 PM »
This guy looks a little more antifa than trumper with the hippie hair and skinny jeans.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2021, 06:20:54 PM »
The left just needs to chill. This is what insurance is for. Rioting is the language of the unheard
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2021, 06:46:10 PM »
Capitol police shot a female protester in the neck.

This has video. Who is the guy in the back with a weapon? Looks like glass on the floor.  A few questions here and the truth will never come out.

https://www.breitbart.com/law-and-order/2021/01/06/graphic-video-woman-shot-in-the-neck-inside-capitol-building/

bob

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2021, 06:49:14 PM »
DC police confirm that the woman has died.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2021, 06:58:33 PM »
Unconfirmed reports of pipe bomb found at RNC HQ, suspicious package at DNC HQ, both evacuated.

The reports are confirmed:

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01/06/us/electoral-vote#an-explosive-device-is-found-at-the-rnc-and-the-dnc-is-evacuated

An explosive device was found at the headquarters of the Republican National Committee in Washington and the nearby headquarters of the Democratic National Committee was evacuated after the discovery of a suspicious package on Wednesday, according to three people briefed on the discoveries.

The device that was found at the R.N.C. was a pipe bomb that was successfully destroyed by a bomb squad, according to an official for the R.N.C.

The package at the D.N.C. has yet to be identified, according to a top Democrat briefed on the matter who was not authorized to speak publicly about it.
                         - Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2021, 07:05:37 PM »
                         - Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2021, 07:20:40 PM »
https://twitter.com/MrElefantes/status/1346972137568030722

Twitter says Trump's account has been locked for 12 hours, and any future violations will result in permanent termination.
5:09 PM · Jan 6, 2021

- Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2021, 07:28:41 PM »
Rep. Ilhan Omar says she’s drawing up Articles of Impeachment as ‘a matter of preserving our Republic’
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/01/06/rep-ilhan-omar-says-shes-drawing-up-articles-of-impeachment-as-a-matter-of-preserving-our-republic/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2021, 07:43:45 PM »
https://twitter.com/MrElefantes/status/1346972137568030722

Precisely why we need to stop relying so heavily on social media to "fact check" what we can and cannot see. Twitter needs to be destroyed, and not because they locked out Trump.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2021, 07:48:37 PM »
DC police confirm that the woman has died.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/01/06/confirmed-woman-shot-in-capitol-has-died-speaker-nancy-pelosi-says-joint-session-will-reconvene-tonight/

One woman who was shot during the unrest in the Capitol has died, Washington's Metropolitan Police Department confirmed to HuffPost. The department could not confirm if she was shot by law enforcement.

Can't confirm, or won't confirm at this time? Were LE weapons fired? That's a good place to start.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2021, 08:01:57 PM »
What we need now is a good, old fashioned alien invasion.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2021, 08:05:53 PM »
Until this very moment, I did not know that the District of Columbia has a National Guard unit.  I would have thought they were too small to staff a NG unit.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2021, 08:06:32 PM »
This almost seems appropriate.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2021, 08:09:19 PM »
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/01/06/confirmed-woman-shot-in-capitol-has-died-speaker-nancy-pelosi-says-joint-session-will-reconvene-tonight/

Can't confirm, or won't confirm at this time? Were LE weapons fired? That's a good place to start.

They won't attribute the death to law enforcement until an autopsy is done and the bullet recovered (if it's even still in her).

Kinda wondering if the Right will lay off the cop fellatio when it's apparent that "just following orders" is the strategy, and the legal system will allow them to kill Righties with the same impunity as Lefties.

Pics make it appear that the cop shot through the glass, which would have been a blind shot since it is opaque.  Though it is possible that the protesters had already broken the window prior to the gunshots, I admit that.  Regardless, shooting someone through an intact and functioning barrier is not a legitimate claim for self defense IMO.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2021, 08:13:05 PM »
Gotta say... I don't really get it.  What did that accomplish?  How did today advance the cause of the people briefly seized the capitol building?

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2021, 08:13:53 PM »
This almost seems appropriate.

Dude was a Democrat not long ago.  And he's a New Yorker.

Honestly I don't think it's possible to be a conservative and live within 500 miles of the Atlantic Ocean.  Those people over there have things so tossed up and over they might as well be extras in that South Park introretrogestion episode.
--Lysander Spooner

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2021, 08:16:53 PM »
Dude was a Democrat not long ago.  And he's a New Yorker.

Honestly I don't think it's possible to be a conservative and live within 500 miles of the Atlantic Ocean.  Those people over there have things so tossed up and over they might as well be extras in that South Park introretrogestion episode.
Yeah, but he just fanned the flames.  Any self destruction they did to themselves.  If he was faking it, just shows how weak the party really was.  They were trying to anoint Jeb Bush of all people.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge