Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Washington...  (Read 79110 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: It's getting sporty in Washington...
« Reply #800 on: July 01, 2022, 07:31:43 PM »
They got Trump now!

Star Witness Amber Heard To Testify In Next Jan. 6 Committee Hearing
https://babylonbee.com/news/star-witness-amber-heard-to-testify-in-next-jan-6-committee-hearing
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #801 on: July 02, 2022, 12:45:12 PM »
Sounds about right:

https://youtu.be/_YW41t13gUE

:rofl:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #802 on: July 02, 2022, 03:47:48 PM »
Somebody just couldn't keep his mouth shut and he didn't like the response

Alec Baldwin threatens to find Twitter rando who thinks he did worse than choke a Secret Service agent
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/07/02/alec-baldwin-threatens-to-find-twitter-rando-who-thinks-he-did-worse-than-choke-a-secret-service-agent/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #803 on: July 02, 2022, 03:56:13 PM »
Somebody just couldn't keep his mouth shut and he didn't like the response

Alec Baldwin threatens to find Twitter rando who thinks he did worse than choke a Secret Service agent
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/07/02/alec-baldwin-threatens-to-find-twitter-rando-who-thinks-he-did-worse-than-choke-a-secret-service-agent/

Ha ha - his lawyers must be loving him right now.  :rofl:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #804 on: July 02, 2022, 04:12:20 PM »
He didn't try to choke the driver he grabbed him by the.............
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #805 on: July 02, 2022, 04:17:18 PM »
Ha ha - his lawyers must be loving him right now.  :rofl:

More billable hours.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #806 on: July 04, 2022, 10:28:54 AM »
Well isn't this awkward

The January 6 committee’s key witness, Cassidy Hutchinson, called the committee “bs” in a text message obtained exclusively by the Daily Caller.

On Feb 1. Hutchinson sent a text to a conservative activist with connections to the First Amendment Fund, which is a group started by the American Conservative Union that helps Trump officials cover costs for Jan. 6 lawyers. Matt Schlapp said Hutchinson approached CPAC for help through the First Amendment Fund. Schlapp said he is happy they did not end up assisting her because she was relaying White House “hallway gossip as fact.”
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/07/04/awkward-cassidy-hutchinsons-leaked-text-messages-show-what-she-really-thought-of-the-january-6th-committee/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #807 on: July 04, 2022, 12:01:21 PM »
"Out of touch" comes to mind:

A 2022 and 2024 agenda: On ABC, Cheney said the most important issue facing the United States today--more than inflation, crime, Ukraine, China, border, anything--is 'protecting the nation from Donald Trump.' https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/week-transcript-22-rep-liz-cheney-secretary-alejandro/story?id=86127088

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #808 on: July 04, 2022, 08:09:03 PM »
"Out of touch" comes to mind:

No, it's Gas Lighting and propaganda.  Stop ascribing to stupidity that which has been shown to be malevolence.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #809 on: July 13, 2022, 03:52:31 PM »
An update from Ray Epps himself:
After months of watching from the shadows as public figures he once respected — Mr. Trump among them — tarred his name and destroyed his reputation, Mr. Epps decided that he wanted to answer that question for himself.

“I am at the center of this thing, and it’s the biggest farce that’s ever been,” he said. “It’s just not right. The American people are being led down a path. I think it should be criminal.”
While he wants to clear his name, he is under no illusion that he will ever manage to divorce it fully from the lies.

“They’ll always be associated,” Mr. Epps said. “You can’t convince some people. There are extremists out there that you’ll never convince them that they’re wrong.”
He's right, and I don't think this interview will convince people either.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #810 on: July 13, 2022, 04:15:25 PM »
No, it's Gas Lighting and propaganda.  Stop ascribing to stupidity that which has been shown to be malevolence.
Either should get a politician voted out of office.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #811 on: July 13, 2022, 04:35:33 PM »
Either should get a politician voted out of office.

Universal Voting makes that impossible because a majority of the people will believe whatever lie they're told and vote how they're trained, and then you still have the election fraud to contend with.

Our system is permanently broken/corrupted and there is no fixing it from the inside.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #812 on: July 13, 2022, 08:40:38 PM »
Schiff for brains saying he's got Trump aaagain!
In other news the Coyote says his latest plan to catch the Roadrunner will definitely work this time.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/07/13/rep-adam-schiff-says-the-doj-has-more-than-enough-evidence-to-investigate-donald-trump/
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #813 on: July 14, 2022, 12:46:24 AM »
Universal Voting makes that impossible because a majority of the people will believe whatever lie they're told and vote how they're trained, and then you still have the election fraud to contend with.

Our system is permanently broken/corrupted and there is no fixing it from the inside.

Restricting voting to land owning male citizens sometimes doesn’t seem sooooo bad.  Maybe making it net federal tax paying citizens instead would be reasonable.  Keep the leeches from voting more money to themselves. 

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #814 on: July 14, 2022, 08:56:48 AM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #815 on: July 14, 2022, 10:17:49 PM »
Schiff for brains saying he's got Trump aaagain!
In other news the Coyote says his latest plan to catch the Roadrunner will definitely work this time.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/07/13/rep-adam-schiff-says-the-doj-has-more-than-enough-evidence-to-investigate-donald-trump/

Since when does the DOJ need evidence to investigate Trump?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #816 on: July 15, 2022, 12:24:36 AM »
An update from Ray Epps himself:He's right, and I don't think this interview will convince people either.

Revolver responds to the NYT article on Epps (and points out several facts the Times conveniently glossed over)

https://www.revolver.news/2022/07/the-hidden-agenda-behind-new-york-times-desperate-ray-epps-puff-piece/

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #817 on: July 15, 2022, 09:36:03 AM »
This has a familiar stench to it

The Secret Service deleted text messages from Jan. 5 and Jan 6, 2021, that were requested by officials investigating the breach of the U.S. Capitol, the Department of Homeland Security inspector general's office said in a report this week. 

Inspector General Joseph Cuffari said in a letter to the Congressional committees investigating the Jan. 6 riot that "many" messages were "erased as part of a device-replacement program" after his office had requested electronic communications from the Secret Service during their "evaluation of events at the Capitol on Jan. 6."

Jan. 6: Secret Service deleted texts requested by investigators, watchdog report says
The Secret Service denied the claim that it deleted text messages, saying some records had been lost during a device migration
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jan-6-secret-service-deleted-texts-requested-investigtors-watchdog-report
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #818 on: July 20, 2022, 07:29:09 AM »
The Colbert Nine have had all charges dropped. In the meantime, grandmas are still going to jail for walking through an open door.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/stephen-colbert-late-show-staffers-lied-credentials-arrest-house

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #820 on: July 20, 2022, 02:44:05 PM »
It's another insurrection!

There's nothing scarier to me than a white female octogenarian walking down the sidewalk with a smile and holding an American Flag.  Why was she not taken down by SWAT? How can we let this stand?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #821 on: July 20, 2022, 02:45:42 PM »
There's nothing scarier to me than a white female octogenarian walking down the sidewalk with a smile and holding an American Flag.  Why was she not taken down by SWAT? How can we let this stand?

AOC is reporting she is hiding under her desk because the octogenarian tried to date her.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #822 on: July 20, 2022, 05:21:00 PM »
The boy who cried Trump

Jonathan Turley: Adam Schiff promises that what ‘you will see on Thursday will be significant’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/07/20/jonathan-turley-adam-schiff-promises-that-what-you-will-see-on-thursday-will-be-significant/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #823 on: July 21, 2022, 09:19:50 PM »
They'll be back

The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 assault on the U.S. Capitol plans to hold more public hearings in September, the panel's chairman, Rep. Bennie Thompson, says during tonight's opening remarks.

"We continue to receive new information every day." pic.twitter.com/Or77YeZwu4

— CBS News (@CBSNews) July 22, 2022

Season 2: Chairman Bennie Thompson says there will be more January 6 committee hearings in September
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/07/21/season-2-chairman-bennie-thompson-says-there-will-be-more-january-6-committee-hearings-in-september/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #824 on: July 25, 2022, 10:03:14 AM »
Yeah, they're going there

During an interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper, Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) confirmed the January 6 Committee’s next target: Virginia “Ginni” Thomas, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas’s wife.

'I Hope It Doesn't Get To That': Cheney Confirms Who The J6 Committee May Subpoena Next
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2022/07/25/j6-committee-going-after-ginni-thomas-n2610746
- Calvin and Hobbes