Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Washington...  (Read 79119 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: It's getting sporty in Washington...
« Reply #875 on: February 20, 2023, 09:24:07 PM »
 [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #876 on: February 20, 2023, 10:24:31 PM »
This should be fun:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/02/20/dems-will-not-be-thrilled-that-kevin-mccarthy-gave-tucker-carlson-over-40000-hours-of-j6-footage/

Better late than never, I suppose.  Though I doubt it will do any good for those folks still languishing in DC jails without charges at this point.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #877 on: February 21, 2023, 10:43:50 AM »
Better late than never, I suppose.  Though I doubt it will do any good for those folks still languishing in DC jails without charges at this point.
Or those serving years-long sentences for conviction on a first-offense misdemeanor charge.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #878 on: February 21, 2023, 10:48:41 AM »
 [popcorn]
    During January 6 Hearing, Schiff Doctored Text Messages Between Mark Meadows And Rep. Jim Jordan https://t.co/uSKVmSph81

— Sean Davis (@seanmdav) February 21, 2023

From The Federalist:

Oops, he did it again. After leaking fake Donald Trump, Jr. emails, fabricating the transcript of a 2019 phone call between former President Donald Trump and Ukraine’s president, and lying about his interactions with the so-called whistleblower behind House Democrats’ first impeachment of Trump, Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., is now running the same con against a fellow lawmaker. During a hearing Monday night on the riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, Adam Schiff claimed to have proof that a member of Congress texted former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows to instruct former Vice President Mike Pence to overturn the 2020 presidential election results.

Not only did Schiff misrepresent the substance of the text message and its source, he even doctored original text messages, which were obtained and reviewed by The Federalist in their entirety.

Doctored texts?! No WONDER Adam Schiff is nervous about J6 footage (he SHOULD BE)
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/02/21/doctored-texts-no-wonder-adam-schiff-is-nervous-about-j6-footage-he-should-be/
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 11:07:02 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #879 on: February 21, 2023, 12:15:58 PM »
At what point do such actions qualify as criminal?  Fraud seems appropriate.  It’s more civil than criminal but defamation/slander/libel for sure would be easy, even with needing to prove “actual malice” when a public figure is the target.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #880 on: February 21, 2023, 03:57:28 PM »
At what point do such actions qualify as criminal?  Fraud seems appropriate.  It’s more civil than criminal but defamation/slander/libel for sure would be easy, even with needing to prove “actual malice” when a public figure is the target.

He's a democrat so......never?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #881 on: February 21, 2023, 04:00:56 PM »
He's a democrat so......never?

We need that meteor…

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #882 on: February 21, 2023, 04:33:24 PM »

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #883 on: February 21, 2023, 05:32:43 PM »

These were probably too small.

Wow! Asteroid Sar2667's Earth impact seen over France and Germany
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MgZvc1s6kY

Watch: Asteroid explodes above England after entering Earth's atmosphere
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk2g9pRwOBU

Asteroid explodes over English Channel after rare early detection
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eJq6DcIEzM

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #884 on: February 23, 2023, 03:31:19 PM »
Anything interesting in the new footage?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #885 on: February 27, 2023, 09:42:42 AM »
Anything interesting in the new footage?

Must be something in it they don't want us to see

Journalist Dana @Milbank: Americans shouldn’t be able to see 1/6 footage at all

"This doesn't belong in the public domain" pic.twitter.com/BfuwOwjVNQ

— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) February 26, 2023

WaPo’s Dana Milbank sure seems worried about Tucker Carlson getting J6 footage
https://twitchy.com/mikel-313136/2023/02/27/wapos-dana-milbank-sure-seems-worried-about-tucker-carlson-getting-j6-footage/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #886 on: February 27, 2023, 10:24:19 AM »
I see they got started early on the "deceptively edited" narrative.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #887 on: February 27, 2023, 10:55:51 AM »
I see they got started early on the "deceptively edited" narrative.

I'm hoping that they release the raw footage to anyone, so that editing can be checked regardless of who is doing the editing.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #888 on: February 27, 2023, 01:04:02 PM »
I wonder if that video they released early last year will be included.  The one that showed that one officer leading masked "protestors" up stairs and such. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #889 on: March 06, 2023, 09:24:28 PM »
Buffalo man calmly hanging out with friendly cops in the capitol building:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1632913206141386752
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #890 on: March 07, 2023, 08:47:24 PM »
Tucker Carlson had another segment of videos on his show this eve. Even got Schumer and McConnell all spun up on releasing the videos…..lmao

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #891 on: March 07, 2023, 08:55:26 PM »
At this point I firmly believe that ALL J6 protesters that weren’t violent should get a full and complete pardon, and even the violent ones should get commutations of their sentences.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #892 on: March 08, 2023, 08:04:17 AM »
The left is absolutely going bonkers over this release video business.  [popcorn]

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #893 on: March 08, 2023, 08:08:32 AM »
The left is absolutely going bonkers over this release video business.  [popcorn]

I'm cracking up (though I should be angry) that they're gaslighting the footage. Claims that raw, unedited footage is "manipulating" the video evidence. Because you know, with our betters not editing the videos to what they feel is appropriate for us to see is manipulation. Stupid public who think they can make up their own mind based on untouched footage. The nerve of us.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #894 on: March 08, 2023, 08:21:46 AM »
The ever brilliant Whoopi is comparing it to 1984
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #895 on: March 08, 2023, 09:14:08 AM »
It is like 1984, but not in the way they think. 

The truth is a lie.  Lies are the truth.  Unedited video is a lie.  Selectively edited videos are the truth. 

Pb

• friend
« Reply #896 on: March 08, 2023, 10:17:51 AM »
At this point I firmly believe that ALL J6 protesters that weren’t violent should get a full and complete pardon, and even the violent ones should get commutations of their sentences.

Yeah.  And the police who started the violence by firing tear gas into peaceful crowds should be charged.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #897 on: March 08, 2023, 10:47:31 AM »
Yeah.  And the police who started the violence by firing tear gas into peaceful crowds should be charged.

We should probably also look at the police beating videos that are coming out now. Whole cities rioted when those types of beatings took place elsewhere against a different demographic.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #898 on: March 08, 2023, 03:18:16 PM »
Listen to the whole thing, but it gets VERY interesting at 0:50. The J6 committee's researchers left bookmarks throughout the video footage of what they watched, which included information refuting the edited footage that the committee released to the public.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1633538552524050432

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/03/08/tucker-carlson-tells-glenn-beck-how-he-discovered-j6-committee-members-were-being-dishonest/

HankB

• friend
« Reply #899 on: March 08, 2023, 04:16:23 PM »
I recall that in a libel/slander trial during pre-Revolution times in the American Colonies, truth was no defense - in fact telling the truth about bad actions of Crown officials was worse than lying, since truthfully pointing out their bad acts would diminish them in the eyes of the public.

Seems like history is repeating itself - I keep picturing Schumer in a powdered wig and speaking with a British accent whilst wearing a red coat . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain