Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Washington...  (Read 79133 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: It's getting sporty in Washington...
« Reply #900 on: March 08, 2023, 04:29:57 PM »
At this point I firmly believe that ALL J6 protesters that weren’t violent should get a full and complete pardon, and even the violent ones should get commutations of their sentences.

Not to mention massive pay-outs for the pre-trial detentions.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #901 on: March 08, 2023, 05:15:32 PM »

Not to mention massive pay-outs for the ongoing and bail-denied pre-trial detentions.

Fixed it for you.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #902 on: March 09, 2023, 09:38:58 AM »
The committee "never had access to the video".  ;/ ;/ ;/

Sounds like they'll likely be throwing interns under the bus. I actually wouldn't be surprised if their 20-something interns and aides did manipulate the video. As long as the manipulation fit the J6 committee narrative, I'm sure the members didn't question any info they were given.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/03/09/let-the-backpedaling-begin-j6-committee-chair-thompson-says-they-never-had-access-to-j6-video/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #903 on: March 09, 2023, 05:01:17 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #904 on: March 09, 2023, 05:36:27 PM »
White House Claims Jan 6 Tapes Are Russian Disinformation
https://babylonbee.com/news/intelligence-community-claims-january-6th-tapes-are-russian-misinformation

It’s bad when you have to check the link because you want it to be satire but can’t be certain it isn’t real.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #905 on: March 10, 2023, 11:36:58 AM »
McCarthy is releasing all 06JAN video to the public. The committee might be getting a little nervous right now.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mccarthy-agrees-to-full-public-release-of-jan-6-tapes_5112104.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #906 on: March 10, 2023, 11:47:51 AM »
It’s bad when you have to check the link because you want it to be satire but can’t be certain it isn’t real.

Especially when stuff like this actually comes out of the WH

Biden:

"MAGA Republicans are calling for defunding the police departments." pic.twitter.com/GRXiLuufzM

— Citizen Free Press (@CitizenFreePres) March 9, 2023
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/03/10/dood-wat-biden-dragged-for-latest-lie-about-maga-republicans-thats-a-humdinger-even-for-him/

They really are making it hard to tell sometimes

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #907 on: March 10, 2023, 12:14:19 PM »
I'm glad Carlson got the tapes first, and I hope McCarthy makes them available to the defense attorneys before he actually releases them to the public at large. Vichy got to control the narrative for 2 years. It's only fair that the Americans get a chance to return the favor for a while.

Once Big Media gets the tapes, they'll just use them to spread more lies.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #908 on: March 10, 2023, 12:40:09 PM »
I'm glad Carlson got the tapes first, and I hope McCarthy makes them available to the defense attorneys before he actually releases them to the public at large. Vichy got to control the narrative for 2 years. It's only fair that the Americans get a chance to return the favor for a while.

Once Big Media gets the tapes, they'll just use them to spread more lies.

I just saw another story that the FBI had the tapes Carlson showed of the Shaman calmly walking around with cops, and they didn't turn them over to the defense during his trial. That should be interesting.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #909 on: March 10, 2023, 01:06:43 PM »
I just saw another story that the FBI had the tapes Carlson showed of the Shaman calmly walking around with cops, and they didn't turn them over to the defense during his trial. That should be interesting.

If true that should result in immediate vacating of the conviction and dismissal of all charges with prejudice.  It won’t, but that’s because rule of law is dead.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #910 on: March 10, 2023, 01:15:43 PM »
If true that should result in immediate vacating of the conviction and dismissal of all charges with prejudice.  It won’t, but that’s because rule of law is dead.

And now there's a follow up story that the FBI altered evidence in the Proud Boys trial.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #911 on: March 10, 2023, 01:18:36 PM »
Backhoe to dig a big trench is needed for the DOJ.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #912 on: March 10, 2023, 01:23:35 PM »
Backhoe to dig a big trench is needed for the DOJ.

I would be happy if they just had to go through the same bullshit of no-bail detention for months to more than a year, a criminal record, and jail time for the equivalent of jaywalking. There were some protestors that damaged stuff, and they should pay for that. But as we see more and more, the vast, vast majority were people that should have nothing happen to them, or at most receive like a $100 trespassing citation. And that's if you want to accept the argument that the building does not belong to the people.

I only hope there are a lot of big lawsuits.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #913 on: March 10, 2023, 02:53:38 PM »
The way THE LEGACY MEDIA is having the vapors about ACTUAL INFORMATION BEING MADE PUBLIC should be very eye-opening to the general population - when was the last time you remember reporters and anchors actually saying information should be kept from the public?

I think they see their narrative and what shreds remain of their credibility evaporating.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #914 on: March 10, 2023, 04:05:12 PM »

Well, somebody had it. I don't think it was ever a secret that surveillance video existed.

The kind of thing that could have been a national news story in 2021, if Big Media cared about that kind of thing. Ya know, that thing they talk about when a Republican's in the White House. I think they call it, "speaking truth to power."

The whole idea that the tapes could expose sensitive info about Congressional security - this is way too important for that to be a good excuse. They can go ahead and reconfigure all their secret safe rooms (on their dime) if they want to. There are much bigger issues at stake right now.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #915 on: March 10, 2023, 04:59:07 PM »
Anyone that thinks positive actions will be taken by this Republican congress as a result of their investigations is very sadly naive.  Congress is where good investigations go to die.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #916 on: March 10, 2023, 05:09:32 PM »
Anyone that thinks positive actions will be taken by this Republican congress as a result of their investigations is very sadly naive.  Congress is where good investigations go to die.

Are you saying the current majority has done nothing positive at all, to date? Because that's not what we've seen.

I know the constant betrayal by our leaders has been a traumatic experience, but you really shouldn't let it get inside your head like that. Open yourself up to accepting what little good that comes along.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #917 on: March 10, 2023, 06:42:00 PM »
Are you saying the current majority has done nothing positive at all, to date? Because that's not what we've seen.

I know the constant betrayal by our leaders has been a traumatic experience, but you really shouldn't let it get inside your head like that. Open yourself up to accepting what little good that comes along.

I'm talking about people being criminally referred to the DoJ by the Republican controlled Congress at the end of any of their current or announced future investigations.  It hasn't happened in living memory, and it will not happen during the next two years that the Republicans control the House.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #918 on: March 10, 2023, 10:13:34 PM »
I'm talking about people being criminally referred to the DoJ by the Republican controlled Congress at the end of any of their current or announced future investigations.  It hasn't happened in living memory, and it will not happen during the next two years that the Republicans control the House.

Donald Trump is still a free man, but that doesn't mean the constant lawfare had no positive results for the Democratic Party.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #919 on: March 14, 2023, 09:51:06 AM »
Tucker Proves That The January 6th Kerfuffle Was Merely A Ruckus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbgrh38xfGM

Andrew Klavan has a way with words.  An entertaining 4 minutes if you can spare them. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #920 on: March 14, 2023, 03:07:02 PM »
I heard this was trending a bit. 

Jan 6 Prison choir
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhXDz_ZTMfQ

J6 Political Prisoners Praying and Singing National Anthem inside DC Jail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrPfkE0ou6c

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #921 on: March 16, 2023, 01:43:20 PM »
All  this new info is not stopping them from continuing to arrest people

Indiana couple arrested for alleged role in Capitol riot
https://www.wdrb.com/news/indiana-couple-arrested-for-alleged-role-in-capitol-riot/article_9d78b006-c3e4-11ed-85f4-f794504a7009.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #922 on: March 16, 2023, 01:47:47 PM »
All  this new info is not stopping them from continuing to arrest people

Indiana couple arrested for alleged role in Capitol riot
https://www.wdrb.com/news/indiana-couple-arrested-for-alleged-role-in-capitol-riot/article_9d78b006-c3e4-11ed-85f4-f794504a7009.html

Is there a statute of limitations for trespassing or parading or whatever the *expletive deleted*ck they’re charging people with?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #923 on: March 16, 2023, 02:46:45 PM »
Is there a statute of limitations for trespassing or parading or whatever the *expletive deleted*ck they’re charging people with?

The Indiana couple in that article got felony rioting charges.  The Fed Statute of limitations for felonies is generally 5 years.
https://www.goldmanwetzel.com/federal-crimes-florida/#:~:text=Most%20federal%20crimes%20have%20a,years%20to%20prosecute%20the%20case.

I thought some folks were catching DC charges.  There it's 6 years for felonies or 3 years for misdemeanors unless they go for one of the named felonies.  https://code.dccouncil.gov/us/dc/council/code/sections/23-113

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #924 on: March 16, 2023, 03:25:59 PM »
Babylon Bee

Hillary Clinton Posts Condolences For Tucker Carlson's Suicide This Coming Tuesday
https://babylonbee.com/news/hillary-clinton-posts-condolences-for-tucker-carlsons-suicide-this-coming-tuesday
- Calvin and Hobbes