Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Washington...  (Read 79122 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: It's getting sporty in Washington...
« Reply #925 on: March 30, 2023, 06:37:25 PM »
They really did release him but that doesn't stop the Babylon Bee from having a little fun with the story.

Buffalo Guy Tagged And Released Back Into Wild
https://babylonbee.com/news/buffalo-guy-tagged-and-released-back-into-wild
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #926 on: March 30, 2023, 06:40:55 PM »
Be funnier if it read, Tagged, Neutered, and Released Back to the Wild.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #927 on: March 30, 2023, 07:43:16 PM »
After spending 11 bail denied months in solitary before he was even sentenced, and then another 16 months based on false and incomplete evidence, I hope the shaman makes a bundle on his lawsuit.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator

Uranus is a gas giant.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #929 on: May 18, 2023, 05:36:07 PM »

Bank of America gave a list to the FBI of anyone who used BofA credit/debit cards in the DC area between Jan 5-7th, 2021 – regardless of whether they participated in the events of Jan. 6th. pic.twitter.com/C0zBA1AGmy

— Rep. Dan Bishop (@RepDanBishop) May 18, 2023
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/05/18/bank-of-america-gave-a-list-to-the-fbi-of-people-who-used-their-cards-in-dc-around-january-6/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #930 on: May 18, 2023, 07:43:10 PM »
Watched the DC FBI whistleblower hearing today. The Democratic lady that spoke after Jordan was a total a*sshat. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #931 on: May 18, 2023, 08:09:41 PM »
Watched the DC FBI whistleblower hearing today. The Democratic lady that spoke after Jordan was a total a*sshat.

Was that purple haired Sanchez from California. I like how she got called out on using the wrong Twitter account as evidence but went ahead like it was the FBI guy's account anyway.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #932 on: May 18, 2023, 10:17:36 PM »
No some dimwit from NH or something like that.  I did see the purple haired people eater question the guy and he kept saying it wasn’t him.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #934 on: May 25, 2023, 02:56:51 PM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/oath-keepers-founder-sentenced-18-years-jan-6-seditious-conspiracy-cas-rcna85852

18 years... enjoy it jackass

[img]https://i.imgflip.com/qg8q4.jpg?a467832

I'm rooting for him to win big in the lawsuit.

Rhodes took the stand in his case, saying at trial that the other members of the Oath Keepers were "stupid" to storm the Capitol and that he disagreed with those who went inside; Rhodes did not enter the building. “I had no idea that any Oath Keeper was even thinking about going inside or would go inside,” Rhodes said.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #935 on: May 26, 2023, 10:40:44 AM »
Still making arrests

Another Louisville man is facing federal charges more than two years after the Jan. 6 Capitol breach.

The U.S. Department of Justice announced on Thursday the arrest of 47-year-old Daniel Edwin Wilson.

Court document contain screenshots from surveillance footage that investigators said show Wilson outside and inside the Capitol.
https://www.wlky.com/article/louisville-daniel-wilson-january-6-capitol-attack-arrest/44007513

And they found firearms in his house! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cphNpqKpKc4

- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #937 on: May 26, 2023, 12:30:37 PM »
Probably worth pointing out here that Jefferson Davis was not charged with Sedition despite leading a whole ass rebellion.  The idea that these rioters were actually conspring to overthrow the government is retarded.

Treating it as so in the courts while playing favorites with rioters on your own side, rioters that actually set government buildings on fire, is opening a very raw and nasty wound between the more extreme tribes of this country.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #938 on: May 26, 2023, 12:33:26 PM »
opening a very raw and nasty wound between the more extreme tribes of this country.

I suspect that such a result is a desired reaction.
I also believe that it will tend to draw more right wing types closer to the fringe.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #939 on: May 26, 2023, 12:52:31 PM »
I suspect that such a result is a desired reaction.
I also believe that it will tend to draw more right wing types closer to the fringe.

As my favorite YouTube pastor says, “don’t take the bait.”  Make them fire on Ft Sumter.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #940 on: May 26, 2023, 03:02:57 PM »
Treating it as so in the courts while playing favorites with rioters on your own side, rioters that actually set government buildings on fire, is opening a very raw and nasty wound between the more extreme tribes of this country.
Dead on.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #941 on: May 27, 2023, 09:21:14 AM »
Always good to know who is supporting the current pogrom, thanks.

Just because I don't support a fringe cause/group/nutjob, doesn't mean I support the other side.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #942 on: May 27, 2023, 09:25:30 AM »
Just because I don't support a fringe cause/group/nutjob, doesn't mean I support the other side.

If you're happy about somebody getting 18 years in prison for what you consider unpopular or offensive language, then you kinda do support the other side.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #943 on: May 27, 2023, 12:15:18 PM »
If you're happy about somebody getting 18 years in prison for what you consider unpopular or offensive language, then you kinda do support the other side.

No "kinda" about it.

Samuel Adams

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #944 on: May 27, 2023, 09:20:58 PM »

It was a jury trial, if was just an unpopular opinion, at least one juror could of been persuaded by Rhodes legal representation.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #945 on: May 27, 2023, 09:41:39 PM »
It was a jury trial, if was just an unpopular opinion, at least one juror could of been persuaded by Rhodes legal representation.

A jury in Washington, D.C., convicted Stewart Rhodes

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #946 on: May 27, 2023, 11:16:30 PM »

juries can be idiots bro, 18 yrs in prison is longer than many get for murder.
come on man
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #947 on: May 28, 2023, 12:10:53 AM »

Any juror in DC knows damn well that not voting to convict any Proud Boy, Oath Keeper, or any J6 defendant will result in total social parish status.  And likely unemployment.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #948 on: May 28, 2023, 03:45:05 AM »
Any juror in DC knows damn well that not voting to convict any Proud Boy, Oath Keeper, or any J6 defendant will result in total social parish status.  And likely unemployment.

Quoted for truth.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Pb

• friend
« Reply #949 on: May 28, 2023, 10:32:42 AM »
Okay, so what did Rhodes actually do?