Author Topic: Ballot Initiative How-To?  (Read 929 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Ballot Initiative How-To?
« on: January 09, 2021, 12:25:24 AM »
I've been politically inactive since the Ron Paul days, and haven't voted since then either.  That first election of not voting was very difficult, but as I embraced the disrespect of Democracy I have now, it has become a lot easier.  I now live by Heinlein's mantra of "I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

But the rest of the US isn't living that way.  And a significant portion have intent to steal from me via taxes, or legislation to take my property, or curtail the rights of me and my family.  And it's becoming a common accusation that cheating during elections is commonplace.  I want to craft legislation that it becomes crystal clear, you're a *expletive deleted*ing monster if you oppose it.  Short, simple, honest, and candid.  Devoid of deception, no way to spin it or double-speak it.

So I want to get involved in crafting either legislation for my State Legislature to pass, or a ballot initiative to override them.

I need help.  I imagine I can't just say "I want a law that does XYZ."  To be more specific, I need to be able to cite specific segments of Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS) and strike out language the offends what I want, and add appropriate segments that support what I want.

Does anyone here have experience with ballot initiatives? 

Given the recent controversy in Pennsylvania and the Governor/SecState creating regulations for voting in direct contravention of the COTUS (i.e. only State Legislatures can constitutionally write voting regulations), would a ballot initiative be pointless, and the only sensible tactic to take would be a bill in the AZ house/senate?

What I want:

1.  No electronic voting system shall be permitted to be used in Arizona elections, nor any political subdivision of Arizona, unless the electronic voting system's computer source code is published under Open Source licensing such as the GNU General Public License, and has been published as such unaltered and frozen for a period of at least 1 year, available for public scrutiny during that period, prior to its use in an election.  If no electronic voting system is available to meet these requirements, paper ballots must be used.

2.  Assignment of specific felony charges to precinct poll workers who are found guilty of vote tabulation fraud.

3.  Assignment of specific felony charges to precinct poll workers who physically evict opposing party poll observers.

4.  Creation of an affirmative defense for poll observers who resist being physically evicted by opposing party poll workers.

So far, this is as far as I've gotten:

https://azsos.gov/elections/initiative-referendum-and-recall

Evidently I need to do some reading here, and then make an appointment with the AZ SecState's office.

How would you improve upon this?  Does anyone have any specific advise?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Ballot Initiative How-To?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 01:27:59 AM »
How dare you disenfranchise dead and imaginary voters that way...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 04:35:19 AM »
I'd say that any type of electronic voting should be attached to some form of standardized personal ID number/code registry that must be applied for, in person mind you, prior to each election season and expire immediately afterwards, all the while integrating a cross checked receipt system where the voter can independently verify to whom his vote has been allocated to after the fact..

Real life involvement with neighbors and local community and linking up with the like-minded is necessary. At this point it is more than obvious that traditional parties are just junk clogging up the pipes and not up to the task at hand. Organization outside of the political establishment is an absolute requirement to retain and regain freedom.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 09:24:34 AM »
I'd say that any type of electronic voting should be attached to some form of standardized personal ID number/code registry that must be applied for, in person mind you, prior to each election season and expire immediately afterwards, all the while integrating a cross checked receipt system where the voter can independently verify to whom his vote has been allocated to after the fact..

Real life involvement with neighbors and local community and linking up with the like-minded is necessary. At this point it is more than obvious that traditional parties are just junk clogging up the pipes and not up to the task at hand. Organization outside of the political establishment is an absolute requirement to retain and regain freedom.

I want to avoid left/right partisanship issues with this and will not associate with republicans that want to piggy-back voter ID into this issue.

It needs to be crystal clear nonpartisan.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 10:03:28 AM »
I know little about electronic voting systems, but from my layman's perspective, one of the things that that put me on alert was memory cards and how they seemed to be carried about willy nilly. Perhaps memory cards are not an issue, but it seems to me there should be no portable storage media being moved around, at least not without multiple means of documenting movement, and only specific people allowed to handle them, in the way the TV spy movie courier has the briefcase handcuffed to his wrist.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 11:23:03 AM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 11:21:39 AM »
What about sanctions for poll observers who obstruct, interfere or impede the voting or voting tabulation process? 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 12:49:25 PM »
What about sanctions for those running the polling place who obstruct, interfere or impede the poll observers from being able to do their job?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2021, 02:46:58 PM »
What about sanctions for poll observers who obstruct, interfere or impede the voting or voting tabulation process? 

From my OP:

2.  Assignment of specific felony charges to precinct poll workers who are found guilty of vote tabulation fraud.

3.  Assignment of specific felony charges to precinct poll workers who physically evict opposing party poll observers.

4.  Creation of an affirmative defense for poll observers who resist being physically evicted by opposing party poll workers.

Are yoiu suggesting I also need to add something like:

5.  Assignment of specific felony charges to precinct poll observers who obstruct vote tabulation.

6.  Creation of an affirmative defense for precinct poll workers who protect the vote tabulation process such as when poll observers attempt to obstruct vote tabulation

I think I'd also need to add:

7.  All poll tabulation operations are to be simultaneously video recorded to redundant storage targets at the polling location, as well as live-streamed for independent third parties to also record additional copies if inclined.

8.  Failure of live stream operations and/or local recording of video feeds is a specific felony charge for precinct poll workers.

That gets dicey, not sure I want felonies for poll workers because some shytweasel cut the fiber optics down the street, or some grandma doesn't have the tech chops to ensure video recordings are saved properly.  Just not sure how else to avoid the he said / she said between blue and red interests when one side says they're counting fairly and the other side thinks otherwise and tries to forcefully intercede.
--Lysander Spooner