Author Topic: SpaceX News  (Read 127002 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: SpaceX News
« Reply #125 on: February 01, 2021, 02:31:52 PM »
NASA delays moon lander awards as Biden team mulls moonshot program.   Story is from "The Verge".
I think we can safely predict where this is going.

Yup. Need the money for free stuff and diversity training. If the money stays at NASA, it'll be diverted to "climate change". I notice the article continually alluded to 2024 just being one of those made up Trump deadlines impossible to meet - sorta like a certain vaccine.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #126 on: February 01, 2021, 03:09:09 PM »
If we don't go back, rest assured other countries will.

Leftists are hoping for some Expanse UN style one world government to come about and push this.  It's like they think only white men can be nationalistic.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2021, 03:33:50 PM »

Leftists are hoping for some Expanse UN style one world government to come about and push this.  It's like they think only white men can be nationalistic.
Eventually someone will go somewhere in space and actually achieve a profitable mission.  At that point, everyone will be trying to get out there.  Maybe corporations like SpaceX will do it first without a lot of govt oversight. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2021, 04:17:36 PM »

Something about "he that holds the high ground " comes to mind.
Being at the top of a pretty deep gravity well can be advantageous.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2021, 09:25:11 PM »
Mary
@BocaChicaGal
·
1h
I have received an ‘Alert’ notice and there’s a road closure scheduled from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. but no planned evacuation of Boca Chica Village. No SN9 flight tomorrow. #WenHop continues 🔥🚀🔥
@NASASpaceflight
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2021, 09:32:21 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #131 on: February 02, 2021, 09:35:41 AM »
Here we go again
Light this candle!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfHqbahPKpY

SN15 is being stacked in the High Bay as we speak
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 09:59:02 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #132 on: February 02, 2021, 12:17:56 PM »
News ticker says FAA approval given.
https://www.starshipstalker.com/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #133 on: February 02, 2021, 02:18:33 PM »
Tank farm activity
Usually means 30 - 60 minutes to launch
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #134 on: February 02, 2021, 02:37:49 PM »
NASA planes airborne
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2021, 02:45:26 PM »
Some sort of hold now
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #136 on: February 02, 2021, 02:46:28 PM »
Possible range violation  :facepalm:

Edit: Some guy in a pickup on the range.
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #137 on: February 02, 2021, 03:01:49 PM »
Possible range violation  :facepalm:

Edit: Some guy in a pickup on the range.

We all got to watch him make the "Drive of Shame" off the range.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #138 on: February 02, 2021, 03:11:37 PM »
The LabPadre video stream is the clearest that I have found so far.  Looks really good, lots of detail in the closeup video of the Starship.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #139 on: February 02, 2021, 03:14:07 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #140 on: February 02, 2021, 03:15:57 PM »
SN10 gets to be the world's most expensive witness plate.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #141 on: February 02, 2021, 03:28:28 PM »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #142 on: February 02, 2021, 03:30:33 PM »

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #143 on: February 02, 2021, 03:32:21 PM »
Engine chill now.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #144 on: February 02, 2021, 03:32:39 PM »
Nice view of the crash. It never even fully righted. SN8 performed better. Wonder what went wrong.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #145 on: February 02, 2021, 03:33:53 PM »
Oops...  They broke their rocket.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #146 on: February 02, 2021, 03:34:01 PM »
Looks like the 2nd Raptor failed to light
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #147 on: February 02, 2021, 03:34:16 PM »
One engine did not reignite.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #148 on: February 02, 2021, 03:34:41 PM »
SN10 you're up
SN10: Wut?
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #149 on: February 02, 2021, 03:36:59 PM »
Something flew off during the flip
- Calvin and Hobbes