Author Topic: SpaceX News  (Read 126840 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: SpaceX News
« Reply #300 on: March 03, 2021, 01:37:38 PM »
Rolled it back to Pad Closeouts.  Someone in a pickup truck is out near the tank farm from looking at the video.  No one is clear on whether it is a SpaceX person investigating a problem, or someone that sneaked into the launch area.  From the camera shot, the pickup looks very similar to the one that was chased away during the launch of SN9.
Tank farm activity has stopped.  Things are uncertain about launching today at this point.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #301 on: March 03, 2021, 01:40:46 PM »
Appears to be SpaceX personnel checking out something at the tank farm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYZaaz8UbRE
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #302 on: March 03, 2021, 02:29:40 PM »
Tank farm activity resumed

[popcorn]
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #303 on: March 03, 2021, 02:40:02 PM »
Looks like they're loading propellant.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #304 on: March 03, 2021, 02:46:12 PM »
Looking good at the moment.  I sure hope they pull this off successfully today.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #305 on: March 03, 2021, 03:03:11 PM »
Tri Venting.  Should be about 10 min.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #306 on: March 03, 2021, 03:06:41 PM »
Engine chill.  Looking good so far.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #307 on: March 03, 2021, 03:16:16 PM »
Abort at engine ignite
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #308 on: March 03, 2021, 03:18:01 PM »
Abort after ignition.  Crud.
Out of bounds thrust on one of the engines at startup.  Done for the day.  Emptying tanks.  Maybe next week at a guess.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #309 on: March 03, 2021, 03:19:48 PM »
Abort occurred at 0.1 seconds to clamp release
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #310 on: March 03, 2021, 03:22:27 PM »
Now SpaceX is changing gears, saying they are not officially standing down for the day.  They are keeping their livestream up and will determine if they can try again in today's window.  They have to evaluate some data before making a final decision.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #311 on: March 03, 2021, 03:25:07 PM »
SN11 peaking out of the high bay "No boom?"
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #312 on: March 03, 2021, 03:37:48 PM »
SpaceX has announced they will recycle the launch and make another attempt today at 1730 EST.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #313 on: March 03, 2021, 03:42:37 PM »
SpaceX: We ain't NASA
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #314 on: March 03, 2021, 03:47:29 PM »
Elon Musk
@elonmusk
·
6m
Launch abort on slightly conservative high thrust limit. Increasing thrust limit & recycling propellant for another flight attempt today.

SpaceX: *expletive deleted*ck it, raise the threshold and full send.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #315 on: March 03, 2021, 04:06:32 PM »
NASA has killed more astronauts than SpaceX, so that tends to make them a little lot more conservative.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #316 on: March 03, 2021, 04:09:38 PM »
No lives at risk here unless something goes all out Murphy on us so lets test this thing.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #317 on: March 03, 2021, 05:25:31 PM »
Tank farm activity started again
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #318 on: March 03, 2021, 05:56:00 PM »
Methane venting, waiting for tri-vent engine chill.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #319 on: March 03, 2021, 06:15:08 PM »
They are going to reignite all three engines for the flip and burn, but shut down one just before touchdown.
Brief hold, but counting down again.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #320 on: March 03, 2021, 06:16:37 PM »
Seemed like a slow liftoff, but she is flying!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #321 on: March 03, 2021, 06:22:00 PM »
Nail it
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #322 on: March 03, 2021, 06:22:40 PM »
Landing legs didn't deploy
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #323 on: March 03, 2021, 06:23:23 PM »
Stuck the landing, but there is a fire on the ground.  Rocket is leaning a little, but doesn't look like it will topple.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #324 on: March 03, 2021, 06:23:51 PM »
Landing legs didn't deploy.

Oops.