Author Topic: SpaceX News  (Read 126957 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: SpaceX News
« Reply #1300 on: May 31, 2022, 02:11:07 PM »
Sierra Club Joins Lawsuit Against Texas GLO and Cameron County for Closing Boca Chica Beach for SpaceX
https://www.sierraclub.org/texas/blog/2022/05/sierra-club-joins-lawsuit-against-texas-glo-and-cameron-county-for-closing-boca
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #1301 on: May 31, 2022, 03:28:52 PM »
*expletive deleted*ck the charlatan environazis.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1302 on: May 31, 2022, 03:43:09 PM »
it is still my opinion that SpaceX will not be allowed to succeed.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1303 on: May 31, 2022, 05:56:26 PM »

Agreed.  They will be forced to move flight testing and operations to Cape Canaveral.  Once they relocate those operations from Boca Chica, the Brandon administration will throw more road blocks in their way.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1305 on: June 01, 2022, 04:56:42 AM »
Once Boeing kills it's crew the first time, SpaceX will be in a better negotiating position with fed.gov.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1306 on: June 01, 2022, 08:27:42 AM »
Once Boeing kills it's crew the first time, SpaceX will be in a better negotiating position with fed.gov.

Probably not.  Musk allowing union organizing of his businesses is far more important than astronaut safety.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1307 on: June 03, 2022, 12:22:09 PM »

"Lots of luck on his trip to the moon."
Note in the video how Biden emphasizes "Union Employees" when bringing up other companies

Forbes
@Forbes
#BREAKING: President Biden responds to Elon Musk's "super bad feeling about" the US economy and wants to cut 10% of workforce: "Lots of luck on his trip to the moon."
https://twitter.com/Forbes/status/1532741829963268098

Biden’s response to Elon Musk having a ‘super bad feeling about’ the U.S. economy is just SOOO Biden, and that’s not a good thing (watch)
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/06/03/bidens-response-to-elon-musk-having-a-super-bad-feeling-about-the-u-s-economy-is-just-sooo-biden-and-thats-not-a-good-thing-watch/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1308 on: June 04, 2022, 09:18:30 AM »
Meanwhile some $$$$ tourists are riding Jeff's P Rocket this morning

Blue Origin New Shepard NS-21 Launch | Suborbital space tourism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LSerY2W3nY
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1309 on: June 04, 2022, 09:23:17 AM »
Looks like they're having issues getting it up. Holding.
Someone running to the rocket with a big blue pill
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1310 on: June 04, 2022, 09:23:26 AM »
So, some dicks taking a ride on a dick's dick rocket.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1311 on: June 04, 2022, 09:25:18 AM »
Quit calling them astronauts!
Like calling every passenger on a plane pilots
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1312 on: June 04, 2022, 09:29:00 AM »
It seems that thing stayed on the pad for a few seconds longer than normal after engine ignition.  Maybe the blue pill took longer to take effect.  It also gimbaled out and away from the pad farther than it has before.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1313 on: June 04, 2022, 09:31:56 AM »
May be just me but it looked like they separated way late
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1314 on: June 04, 2022, 09:34:16 AM »
It seems that thing stayed on the pad for a few seconds longer than normal after engine ignition.  Maybe the blue pill took longer to take effect.  It also gimbaled out and away from the pad farther than it has before.

Yeah, I noticed that. It wobbled a bit
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1315 on: June 04, 2022, 09:35:14 AM »

I thought so, too.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1316 on: June 04, 2022, 09:36:02 AM »
They said the capsule was "re-entering".  Re-entering what?  They didn't make it to space, much less orbit.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1317 on: June 04, 2022, 09:36:10 AM »
"Oh look at those big windows"

This guy is killing me
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1318 on: June 04, 2022, 09:36:51 AM »
Yeah, I noticed that. It wobbled a bit

Wobbled quite a bit before it touched down on the landing pad, too.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1319 on: June 04, 2022, 09:38:27 AM »
Wobbled quite a bit before it touched down on the landing pad, too.

Seemed to take longer than normal.
Maybe just getting used to watching to F9 landings
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1320 on: June 04, 2022, 09:41:43 AM »
Stop calling them astronauts!
Even NASA said stop

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1321 on: June 04, 2022, 09:48:18 AM »
"Our newly minted astronauts"

minted?

;/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1322 on: June 04, 2022, 12:45:08 PM »

I thought so, too.

Looked at it again and it appeared they didn't separate until well after separation was marked on the progress bar and fa after I remember from past flights. Camera angle maybe?
Had me wondering what they were going to do if they couldn't get a separation. That is if they could do anything. Not sure the booster can land with the weight of the capsule still on top. Seems like it should but not sure what effect the extra top weight would have.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1323 on: June 04, 2022, 12:45:42 PM »
Meanwhile

NASA to buy five additional Crew Dragon flights
https://spacenews.com/nasa-to-buy-five-additional-crew-dragon-flights/
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1324 on: June 04, 2022, 01:29:53 PM »
Looks like the FAA can designate someone as an astronaut...

https://www.space.com/faa-commercial-astronaut-wings-rule-change
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.