Author Topic: SpaceX News  (Read 126812 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: SpaceX News
« Reply #2050 on: March 17, 2023, 08:50:11 PM »
2 to obit in one day for SpaceX
That's 2 more than Blue Origin has put up in it's entire 23 year history
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2051 on: March 18, 2023, 12:02:56 AM »
Why does SpaceX need to launch Starlink from California?  Does the more northern latitude help get the sats in the proper orbit easier/sooner/cheaper?

Easier to do polar orbits from CA than from FL.  Used to be impossible in FL due to Cuba, but evidently it's become possible, but still more efficient, from CA.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2052 on: March 19, 2023, 06:55:03 PM »
What happens when you don't pay the rent

The authorities of Kazakhstan seized the assets of the Baikonur cosmodrome, managed in that Central Asian country by the Russian space agency Roscosmos. This was reported by the Kazakh media, according to which Astana intends to recover debts of about 2 billion rubles (about 25 million euros) disputed in Baikonur.

Kazakhstan seizes assets of Russian agency Roscosmos in Baikonur
https://www.agenzianova.com/en/news/kazakhstan-seizes-roscosmos-assets-in-baikonur/

Kazakhstan Seized Roscosmos Assets at Baikonur...End of an Era?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSqkp-V2nIs
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2053 on: March 19, 2023, 10:04:27 PM »
Guess they will have to ride with China if they want to get back into space. I doubt SpaceX will take an IOU.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2054 on: March 21, 2023, 05:49:31 PM »
Twitter video shows 13 years of SpaceX launches from Florida in one minute.  Rather impressive look at how the launch frequency has increased over the years.  Looks like a video game because it's really an animation.  You can even see some booster landings in the background.

https://twitter.com/Tyn0e/status/1637390928070451201
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2055 on: March 21, 2023, 05:56:48 PM »
Twitter video shows 13 years of SpaceX launches from Florida in one minute.  Rather impressive look at how the launch frequency has increased over the years.  Looks like a video game because it's really an animation.  You can even see some booster landings in the background.

https://twitter.com/Tyn0e/status/1637390928070451201

Did they do one for Blue Origin?

Oh wait, there's a reason why they're blue
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2056 on: March 21, 2023, 06:41:16 PM »
Did they do one for Blue Origin?

I don't think you can post a fraction of a second video on Twitter.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2057 on: March 22, 2023, 08:00:21 PM »
If at first you don't succeed.....

Terran 1 is launching the Good Luck, Have Fun mission, the first orbital launch attempt from Relativity Space. Liftoff is scheduled for a window from 10 PM to 1 AM EDT (02:00 to 05:00 UTC) from LC-16, Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida.

Relativity Space Launches First Terran 1 Rocket
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RDiAdeFPcE
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2058 on: March 22, 2023, 11:30:05 PM »
If at first you don't succeed.....

Relativity Space Launches First Terran 1 Rocket
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RDiAdeFPcE

Successful staging, but it looks like the stage 2 engine suffered an anomaly and failed to reach orbit.  Still a pretty cool flight since they proved 3D printed rocket structures can make it through the most difficult part of flight to staging.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2059 on: March 23, 2023, 08:24:36 AM »
I'll have to go back and watch it. Fell asleep ~10 minutes before the feed started.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2060 on: March 23, 2023, 09:28:34 AM »
Reaching Max q and beyond to show the craft could handle the stress was their main goal , to orbit would have been the cherry on top.
1st stage appeared to do it's job perfectly but then the 2nd stage demon said hi

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2061 on: March 23, 2023, 09:35:44 AM »
If you listen to NSF much during yesterday's Raporchat it was revealed this was Chris G's last NSF broadcast since he was hired by SpaceX.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2062 on: March 23, 2023, 01:06:13 PM »
A lot of disappointment on their faces when that engine didn't fire up. Getting past Q was the big part of this flight.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2063 on: March 24, 2023, 10:55:09 AM »
Falcon 9 is launching the Starlink Group 5-5 mission with 56 internet satellites on board. Liftoff is scheduled for 11:33 AM EDT (15:33 UTC) from SLC-40, Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida. The first stage is B1067-10, which will attempt a landing on A Shortfall of Gravitas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lryNRaZwR58
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2064 on: March 24, 2023, 11:54:55 AM »
SpaceX's 20th launch of the year
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2065 on: March 24, 2023, 01:05:07 PM »
And stuck the landing again.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2066 on: March 24, 2023, 07:50:09 PM »
Blue Origin figures out why they couldn't get their space penis up.

Blue Origin blames New Shepard mishap on engine nozzle failure
https://spacenews.com/blue-origin-blames-new-shepard-mishap-on-engine-nozzle-failure/

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2067 on: March 24, 2023, 07:53:25 PM »
First crewed Starliner launch gets pushed back a bit to the summer.

First crewed Starliner launch slips again
https://spacenews.com/first-crewed-starliner-launch-slips-again/

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2068 on: March 25, 2023, 10:20:14 PM »
The launch of LVM3-M3/OneWeb India-2 mission is scheduled for March 26, 2023, at 0900 hours IST from the second launch pad at Satish Dhawan Space Centre SDSC-SHAR, Sriharikota.

This is the second mission for M/s. Network Access Associates Limited, United Kingdom (OneWeb Group Company) under a commercial agreement with M/s. NewSpace India Limited (NSIL) to launch 72 satellites to Low-Earth Orbits. The first set of 36 satellites was launched in LVM3-M2/OneWeb India-1 mission on October 23, 2022.

In this mission, LVM3 would place 36 OneWeb Gen-1 satellites totaling about 5,805 kg into a 450 km circular orbit with an inclination of 87.4 degrees. This is the sixth flight of LVM3. The LVM3 had five consecutive successful missions, including the Chandrayaan-2 mission.
Launch Status
Go For Launch
Sat • Mar 25th, 2023
11:30 PM EDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIKIzl-h3Qo
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2069 on: March 26, 2023, 04:58:31 PM »
"Relativity's main goal was to get through Max q
Starship's main goal is to not nuke the pad"
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2070 on: March 29, 2023, 02:11:44 PM »
Falcon 9 is launching the Starlink Group 5-10 mission with 56 internet satellites on board. Liftoff is scheduled for 4:11 PM EDT (20:11 UTC) from SLC-40, Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida. The first stage is B1077-4, which will attempt a landing on Just Read the Instructions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyMg3E8nViE
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2071 on: March 29, 2023, 03:46:27 PM »
And within a minute of the F9 launch

EO MKA-4 (Kosmos 25XX)
Soyuz 2.1v
Russian Space Forces
MTH
DAY
HR
MIN
SEC
Launch Status
Go For Launch
Wed • Mar 29th, 2023
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2072 on: March 30, 2023, 09:43:09 AM »
Launch 10:29 EDT

SpaceX is launching a Falcon 9 carrying 10 satellites for the Space Development Agency. The launch will occur from VSFB SLC-4E headed to a polar low Earth orbit. The first stage is B1075-2, which will attempt a landing at Landing Zone 4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HykOiPLO3SU
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2073 on: March 30, 2023, 10:30:12 AM »
Scrub at 0:02
Saw the green ignition flash but it appeared the engines didn't light for some reason.
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2074 on: March 30, 2023, 10:36:01 AM »
https://twitter.com/torybruno/status/1641270272987676672

Vulcan delayed again, will not fly in May.  Structural testing on a test article in Michoud resulted in a failure of a Centaur V upper stage.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!