Author Topic: Joe Manchin  (Read 2444 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Joe Manchin
« on: January 08, 2021, 02:39:59 PM »
This will be interesting over at least the next two years. It appears Democrat Joe Manchin may be the only thing that slows down the road to ruin. I guess he's going to have a lot of power for the near future. Of course this has to be balanced against the several RINOs in the senate who might cancel him out.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/01/08/this-is-gonna-be-fun-sen-manchin-already-making-biden-a-liar-for-promising-another-round-of-stimulus-checks-if-dems-won-senate/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: Joe Manchin
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 02:44:40 PM »
he'll be dead or retire inside 6 months
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

JN01

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 03:56:00 PM »
He will be on board with gutting the Second Amendment, though.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 03:58:48 PM »
He will be on board with gutting the Second Amendment, though.

Likely. It appears we're quite screwed in that regard no matter what. Especially, if as planned, the dems kill the filibuster. It will come back to bite them in the ass at some point [cough/Harry Reid/cough] , but they can do a lot of damage until then.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 04:53:14 PM »
Likely. It appears we're quite screwed in that regard no matter what. Especially, if as planned, the dems kill the filibuster. It will come back to bite them in the ass at some point [cough/Harry Reid/cough] , but they can do a lot of damage until then.

How? It's not like the republicants will ever have the majority again.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 08:20:06 PM »
How? It's not like the republicants will ever have the majority again.

Ayup.

Took the Dems 8 whole weeks to figure out the cheat code to winning elections forever.

That will work,  til it doesn't.  Then all bets are off.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2021, 08:45:10 PM »
The infuriating part is most Republican politicians couldn’t care less about the fraud because having thr Dems in charge works for them better than being in charge themselves. They get to be the “underdog”, get more donations, and get their own share of pork inserted in bills then vote against it for appearances.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 11:46:52 AM »
The infuriating part is most Republican politicians couldn’t care less about the fraud because having thr Dems in charge works for them better than being in charge themselves. They get to be the “underdog”, get more donations, and get their own share of pork inserted in bills then vote against it for appearances.

I see great truth in this statement.  For whatever reason, the Rs didn't take advantage of their majority to do much.  They didn't play to win.  They played to not lose.  And now, they see this as a grand opportunity to look to their base, shout "stop the Dems!" and hold out their hats.  And the loyal supporters will empty their pockets into those hats.  And, God willing, the Dem majority falls at the midterms,  we cN look forward to more of nothing for two years.

I have a friend who is a Dem.  He is fond of saying "Dems don't know how to win elections on the national level, and Reps don't know what to do when they win."  One of the two figured something out.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 12:41:38 PM »
I see great truth in this statement.  For whatever reason, the Rs didn't take advantage of their majority to do much.  They didn't play to win.  They played to not lose.  And now, they see this as a grand opportunity to look to their base, shout "stop the Dems!" and hold out their hats.  And the loyal supporters will empty their pockets into those hats.  And, God willing, the Dem majority falls at the midterms,  we cN look forward to more of nothing for two years.

I have a friend who is a Dem.  He is fond of saying "Dems don't know how to win elections on the national level, and Reps don't know what to do when they win."  One of the two figured something out.

Describing the republican party of VA again eh? You look at a red/blue presidential election map of the state and you wonder how exactly we have both of our state houses blue? The pres, US Senate, and governor sure because those little blue specks have all the people.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2021, 01:38:41 PM »
I would suggest the Republican Party change their name.  The Detroit Lions Party.   [popcorn]
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2021, 09:07:52 PM »
Much of what Manchin does is knowable only to him. Maybe he is ready to retire. The consensus from my WV co-workers is that if he isn't running as a full bore MAGA republican he better retire because the next election is his last.
AKA Navy Joe   

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2021, 10:21:48 AM »
Beware the comments

Kyle Griffin
@kylegriffin1
·
1h
Sen. Joe Manchin: The Senate should consider removing Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz via the 14th Amendment over their objections to the election results.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1350805070800150531?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1350805070800150531%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Fgregp-3534%2F2021%2F01%2F17%2Fwv-dem-joe-manchin-the-latest-addition-to-the-squad%2F
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2021, 01:04:44 PM »
Guess he’s taking a stance against Trump.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2021/01/15/the-evidence-is-overwhelming-manchin-says-trump-absolutely-incited-insurrection/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=algorithm&sh=15f128d437b9

Could be part of an endgame for him. If my OP holds true, and he becomes powerful because his "conservative dem" vote could halt some dem agendas, being virulently anti-Trump gives him some street cred with the far left in his party.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2021, 02:59:35 PM »
I hope to god they do remove the reps and senators who objected to the election results. Please dear god don’t throw me in that briar patch Brer Rabbit!
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2021, 04:00:05 PM »
This whole thread reminds me of battered wife syndrome.   =(

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2021, 07:44:25 PM »
IMO, the Republicans did okay as a minority party under Obama.  They seem to like that position and will take a stand on whatever they think gets them votes (and little else).  Of course, I do wonder if things might be a little different going forward. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2021, 11:07:51 PM »

They seem to like that position...

Kind of looks like the establishment GOP are a bunch of submissive bottoms.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2021, 07:36:22 AM »
IMO, the Republicans did okay as a minority party under Obama.  They seem to like that position and will take a stand on whatever they think gets them votes (and little else).  Of course, I do wonder if things might be a little different going forward. 

They are definitely submissive bottoms.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2021, 09:51:56 AM »
I don’t have link at the moment, but I saw an article yesterday that he wants to use the 14th Amendment to remove all legislators who voted against impeaching Trump.
He’s been a lifelong crook, might as well go all in.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2021, 10:36:16 AM »
I don’t have link at the moment, but I saw an article yesterday that he wants to use the 14th Amendment to remove all legislators who voted against impeaching Trump.
He’s been a lifelong crook, might as well go all in.

My Democrat representative floated a similar idea in a virtual town hall a week ago.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2021, 01:05:51 PM »
AKA Navy Joe   

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2021, 08:46:28 AM »
Him, the senate parliamentarian, and Biden are all odds on favorites in the 2022 dead pool. Crazy mountain roads, Maserati, must have had a heart attack at the wheel...
AKA Navy Joe