Author Topic: What's the end game in all of this?  (Read 4843 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: What's the end game in all of this?
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2021, 06:05:47 PM »
I think the end game is for a handful of companies to own all of the production and distribution of basic goods in the US.

Something like a totalitarian global fascist state.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2021, 07:11:13 PM »
Things are accelerating so fast it's almost unbelievable and scary as hell. Governments the world over have gone full authoritarian in the blink of an eye, betraying the citizenry.

The end game is complete and utter enslavement of humanity, under a ruling class of 'gods', tokugawa got it right.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2021, 07:17:12 PM »
Something like a totalitarian global fascist state.

Could be, or the money folks control everything, kind of like feudalism
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2021, 09:22:09 PM »
I've read through these posts, and a thought keeps running through my head.  Those who seek god/king status don't want to do the dirty jobs that must be done.  They use the toilet, so they need operational water treatment plants. Need TP to wipe, so need lumberjacks/tree farmers.  Need paper manufacturers. They want to ride around in their limos, or drive around in their sports cars.  Need gas, so oil wells, petroleum plants, and the guy selling gas at the station.  Need mechanics to fix them when issues develop, or just do standard maintenance.  They like to eat.  That means farmers/ranchers/fishermen.  You need truck drivers/train operators to deliver all of these products.   Bottom line, even the rulers would be consumers.

So, since consumers need producers, the "kill off most everyone" fails from the get go.  Slave labor is fine for unskilled tasks.  A lot of the labor they want is skilled labor.  That means training and education, which doesn't work well with actual slaves.

Having spent a couple of days thinking about, here's my thought.  They want power.  Pure and simple,  most people run for office to become powerful, to get wealthy,  to hob nob with celebrities and other powerful people.  To be powerful, you need those without power.  Can't rule unless you have those who are ruled.

So, what are the threats to power?  Freedom.  Taking freedoms away is hard.  People fight back when you outright take freedoms.  Instead, convince people to give up freedom, perhaps for safety sake.  Guns?  Take them for the sake of the kids.  Free speech?  Messages of sedition/treason/racism need to be stopped.  Free to choose your own jobs?  Maybe give free education to people, if they take vocational tests and study in their chosen field.  How do they keep their power?  Increase their own base by making more fans of their ruling party.  Free stuff.  Popular programs. 

My hope, the old truism.  Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.  Infighting in the Dems.  Old school vs. AOC and her Crew.  New blood in the Rep party.  Maybe a third party, representing the political middle.

There's always hope...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2021, 10:31:27 PM »
This day in history the Rubicon was crossed.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2021, 10:33:28 PM »
We didn't give up when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor, so why give up now? I watched the Matrix like 30 times when it came out and I still can't get into some of these over the top fantasies of the end of the world. Robot overlords is about as likely as Lin Wood leading an army across the potomac to re-capture the white house. Ain't happening. The real stuff we face with the tech censors and guns and such is bad enough, why write yourself off to any person more normal than you by being all bug eyed crazy? Republicans are stupid and just as sure as that the leftists always, always over-reach. In my view the far left, the power mad like Pelosi, and the tech firms are about like Custer, ditched Reno and Benteen, ditched any real good plan. Damn, that's a lot of Indians...
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2021, 10:46:29 PM »
We didn't give up when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor, so why give up now? I watched the Matrix like 30 times when it came out and I still can't get into some of these over the top fantasies of the end of the world. Robot overlords is about as likely as Lin Wood leading an army across the potomac to re-capture the white house. Ain't happening. The real stuff we face with the tech censors and guns and such is bad enough, why write yourself off to any person more normal than you by being all bug eyed crazy? Republicans are stupid and just as sure as that the leftists always, always over-reach. In my view the far left, the power mad like Pelosi, and the tech firms are about like Custer, ditched Reno and Benteen, ditched any real good plan. Damn, that's a lot of Indians...

Yup.

Despair is unbecoming of us.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2021, 11:08:10 PM »
This day in history the Rubicon was crossed.

Alea iacta est
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2021, 11:27:20 PM »
Yup.

Despair is unbecoming of us.

Strangely, I find this all sort of exciting.

Hopefully it doesn't get too exciting.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2021, 11:49:09 PM »
I'm not looking forward to a god king after a civil war. I'm not looking for a civil war. It will be anything but.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2021, 11:51:26 PM »
I'm not looking forward to a god king after a civil war. I'm not looking for a civil war. It will be anything but.
No sane person wants a civil war, but the alternative in the long term is almost certainly worse.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2021, 11:52:47 PM »
Strangely, I find this all sort of exciting.

Hopefully it doesn't get too exciting.

Do you want to live forever?

I know I have no desire to live under the bullshit they're pushing.

As previously stated,  I've made my peace with God,  lets dance.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2021, 12:08:20 AM »
Knowing what they want to do is not despair.  Despair is giving up.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2021, 12:50:04 AM »
No sane person wants a civil war, but the alternative in the long term is almost certainly worse.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse. When a people are used as mere human instruments for firing cannon or thrusting bayonets, in the service and for the selfish purposes of a master, such war degrades a people. A war to protect other human beings against tyrannical injustice; a war to give victory to their own ideas of right and good, and which is their own war, carried on for an honest purpose by their free choice, — is often the means of their regeneration. A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. As long as justice and injustice have not terminated their ever-renewing fight for ascendancy in the affairs of mankind, human beings must be willing, when need is, to do battle for the one against the other.

John Stuart Mill,

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2021, 02:47:05 AM »
War is delightful for those who have no experience of it.  - Erasmus

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2021, 07:36:25 AM »
We didn't give up when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor, so why give up now?

I see what you did there.  Great movie.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2021, 08:55:26 AM »

As previously stated,  I've made my peace with God,  lets dance.

Like you, I believe there is something going down behind the scenes.

I also have confidence in Gods mercy and turned to Jesus long ago. Having faith that "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him".

It looks like our country was purchased and the folks who own it want to do some renovating.

We came as part of the package.

If it comes to violence you will be fighting friends, family, neighbors and countryman. You will be fighting the cannon fodder who have been deceived (some willingly).

The rules of "be sure of your target" and be sure of your backstop" still apply.

The America in your mind all these years was fake. The "steal" probably took place longer ago than we can imagine.

I'm not ready to hop on my horse and charge off in every direction.

Personally, I need the dust to settle a bit so I can observe what is going on to orientate myself to the new circumstances. Then I can decide what my actions will be going forward.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 09:10:13 AM by Ron »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2021, 09:09:35 AM »
FWIW, I was reading the German version of the Epoch Times this morning, and Trump-hating Merkel of all people seemed pretty put-out about what Twitter did. Same with some quoted French higher-level politicians.

We make fun of the EU and the UN wanting to be overlords, and now, they appear to be standing up for freedom more than the US. I would never have expected that.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2021, 09:17:28 AM »
FWIW, I was reading the German version of the Epoch Times this morning, and Trump-hating Merkel of all people seemed pretty put-out about what Twitter did. Same with some quoted French higher-level politicians.

We make fun of the EU and the UN wanting to be overlords, and now, they appear to be standing up for freedom more than the US. I would never have expected that.

The dummies are just now figuring out that if it can be done to us it can be done to them.

It's not freedom they love but their positions of power/authority.

They thought they were getting rid of a bully and now they are going to find out who's the real bully.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2021, 09:21:44 AM »
The dummies are just now figuring out that if it can be done to us it can be done to them.

Honestly, at this point, that's almost good enough for me. It is certainly more self-aware than our dem reps.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2021, 10:12:49 AM »

Lip service that costs them nothing and obligates them in no way.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2021, 11:34:14 AM »

As previously stated,  I've made my peace with God,  lets dance.

THIS, so much THIS!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2021, 11:45:38 AM »

Call me cynical, but other than Poland's threats to fine social media platforms for censoring otherwise legal content, I don't think this is some groundswell for "freedom".

I think it's more a matter of that the European powers that be expect nominal fealty to left of center and further politics from large corporations, so big virtue signaling gestures like deplatforming Trump don't buy them any significant goodwill with European politicians.

What I'm thinking is this.

1. They see Trump getting deplatformed, and they worry they could be next. They probably know that within the leftist sphere, it's a broad ideology that's more than willing to "eat it's own".

2. For the reasons above, the European politician's natural disdain for any large corporation not sufficiently under the government's thumb is not overridden by whatever goodwill deplatforming Trump would have gained them.

3. They probably see deplatforming Trump as unnecessary salt in the wounds, and only strengthening American polarization and instability. America gets a cold, Europe and the rest of the world gets the flu and all that.
I promise not to duck.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2021, 11:49:56 AM »
You know the left has gone off the rails when the ACLU has issues with them:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jan/8/aclu-raises-concerns-amid-trump-twitter-ban/
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2021, 11:50:59 AM »
Also, anybody else hearing rumors of troop movements?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY4Ive7pL7o
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?