Author Topic: What's the end game in all of this?  (Read 4842 times)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: What's the end game in all of this?
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2021, 11:59:45 AM »
Also, anybody else hearing rumors of troop movements?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY4Ive7pL7o

Leftist press is openly saying 6,500 guard in D.C. for the 20th with a thousand there now.

Military grapevine says those there now are in hotel rooms, not allowed to leave them except for food, and while they brought their weapons those have been stored collectively somewhere out of reach. (ETA: confidence on this RUMINT is high as it is a personal report from a soldier in the capitol.)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2021, 12:02:51 PM »
Also, anybody else hearing rumors of troop movements?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY4Ive7pL7o

I saw some stories about Pelosi losing it because the national guard is finally showing up in DC after the events there.  Those were on Whatfinger News, and you have to filter out all the tinfoil hat stuff on that site to make sure you're getting real news.  There was also some tinfoily video stuff from Gen. McInerny on there.  I think troop movements were mentioned in those based on the headlines.  Something about martial law being declared, democrat traitors jailed, etc.  I didn't watch the videos as I'm trying to retain a few rational brain cells.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2021, 12:04:25 PM »
You know the left has gone off the rails when the ACLU has issues with them:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jan/8/aclu-raises-concerns-amid-trump-twitter-ban/

This is probably more along the lines of a broken clock showing the correct time twice a day.  That ACLU dweeb will no doubt be forced to recant her story.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2021, 12:06:44 PM »
Those are Strykers, and despite the narration, there's no live ammo evident in that video.  The ground guide's rifle also still has an arms room toe tag on it, so they aren't looking to go right into the *expletive deleted*it.

They do seem to have M2's in the mounts, so unless there's more info, I'd speculate going to or coming from a range.

Next time get a bumper number and unit, so we can properly tinfoil.  And flip your iPhone over to HD video.   I've seen Al Quieda IED videos with better focus and resolution.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2021, 12:09:18 PM »
Lip service that costs them nothing and obligates them in no way.

I won't contest that, and further think that the statements are in their own self-interest, because they realize they could be next. Something the dems in the US currently think is not possible. Right this minute they think they are indestructible, with the backing of the tech giants.

If those tech giants begin to lose power outside of the US (and that's a pretty huge population of users), even because of the "I might be next" philosophy over the freedom philosophy, that's still a good thing, IMO.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2021, 12:13:26 PM »
The tech giants are employees, not the boss.

Even though Americans have been taught hierarchies are "bad white patriarchal" things, ALL of reality is subject to hierarchy.

The tech giants are accountable to somebody.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2021, 11:27:14 AM »
Interesting. If you've used the term "boogaloo" in a non-derogatory way regarding the movement, it sounds like you're part of the movement, according to the FBI and their social media agents.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/boogaloo-fbi-protests-riots-capitol-hill-police-law-enforcement

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2021, 11:45:33 AM »
I really want to know who is trying to keep us divided?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2021, 11:53:28 AM »
I really want to know who is trying to keep us divided?

Who is going to make money off of the increased left/right divide?

Having said that, the China thing does seem to be a real issue.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2021, 12:02:39 PM »
Interesting. If you've used the term "boogaloo" in a non-derogatory way regarding the movement, it sounds like you're part of the movement, according to the FBI and their social media agents.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/boogaloo-fbi-protests-riots-capitol-hill-police-law-enforcement

From the article:

Members of the anti-government, pro-gun "boogaloo" movement advocate for a second civil war or the collapse of society, and they don't adhere to a coherent political philosophy. They often wear Hawaiian shirts and tactical gear and carry high-powered rifles.

I'm not sure I've seen very many folks "advocating" for a civil war.  Thinking it's inevitable?  sure, but not really itching to go.  I guess there's always a few in any crowd, but I haven't seen it from "the movement".

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2021, 12:08:53 PM »
Who is going to make money off of the increased left/right divide?

Having said that, the China thing does seem to be a real issue.

or who's house is going to burn if people stop fighting and pay attention to where they are really getting f**ked
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2021, 06:12:19 PM »
Like you, I believe there is something going down behind the scenes.

I also have confidence in Gods mercy and turned to Jesus long ago. Having faith that "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him".

It looks like our country was purchased and the folks who own it want to do some renovating.

We came as part of the package.

If it comes to violence you will be fighting friends, family, neighbors and countryman. You will be fighting the cannon fodder who have been deceived (some willingly).

The rules of "be sure of your target" and be sure of your backstop" still apply.

The America in your mind all these years was fake. The "steal" probably took place longer ago than we can imagine.

I'm not ready to hop on my horse and charge off in every direction.

Personally, I need the dust to settle a bit so I can observe what is going on to orientate myself to the new circumstances. Then I can decide what my actions will be going forward.  ;)

I'll walk the chest thumping back a bit on that one.  I'm in no way cheerleading for open violence.  I think it's inevitable,  but I take no joy in that. I know the stakes there, as you stated.

They've just been *expletive deleted*ing with us for so long,  to actually see something happen is almost encouraging.  The normies are noticing,  and the unquiet vibe I'm getting off people that are usually just oblivious is palpable.

I'd have been perfectly happy living my life quietly.  I'm set.  great family,  independently wealthy.   The thought of rocking that boat sucks, but it looks like they're going to insist.

You can put " He just wanted to be left alone"  on my headstone.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2021, 06:23:33 PM »
Watching them keep ratcheting up the anti-conservative narrative is a little disconcerting.
Again, if they did want this to end in violence what do you think they might do differently?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LjGbxCi3vk
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2021, 12:08:24 AM »

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2021, 09:51:17 AM »
^^^^^^
My ex-wife right there.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Blakenzy

• friend
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2021, 09:32:46 AM »
Dems tossing around terms like "Nuremberg trials"
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2021, 12:48:58 PM »
Dems tossing around terms like "Nuremberg trials"

Politicians, former cabinet members and the MSM advocating "Truth and Reconciliation Commissions".  That is the name they all have actually been using.
Trump supporters are to be brought in front of these commissions in order to determine if they can be reeducated or if they must be marginalized and shunned by (the new normal) society.