Author Topic: If the worst should happen, I am now prepared  (Read 847 times)

Antibubba

• friend
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
Re: If the worst should happen, I am now prepared
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 10:07:52 PM »
Thanks Antibubba, that sure tickled my funnybone.  laugh
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 10:49:46 AM »
Dry, sick humor.  Much like my own.

I feel much better now.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 10:55:56 AM »
If you are experiencing rashes or irritation in the eyes, you may have Syphilis.  This is what you get from having sex with a terrorist.  You can also look forward to thick discharge during urination, blindness and dementia.  Congratulations - now you're a terrorist.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 01:52:38 PM »
I'm not willing to read all of that in order to find the funny.

I guess this all started when Tom Ridge was talking about duct tape and plastic, and everyone thought it was a big joke.  At the time, I had just read an article in Soldier of Fortune by someone living in Israel who described using duct tape and plastic to create a safe room in the event of a chemical attack.  Apparently, it is not a joke in Israel.  Just my haphazardly informed opinion. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 05:54:00 PM »
I'm not willing to read all of that in order to find the funny.

I guess this all started when Tom Ridge was talking about duct tape and plastic, and everyone thought it was a big joke.  At the time, I had just read an article in Soldier of Fortune by someone living in Israel who described using duct tape and plastic to create a safe room in the event of a chemical attack.  Apparently, it is not a joke in Israel.  Just my haphazardly informed opinion. 

While the military has all sorts of neat protective devices for people during a NBC attack, mostly involving activated charcoal suits and a neato filter mask, plastic sheeting is our main protective barrier for our equipment.  If we expect a chemical attack, the procedure is to cover everything with two or more layers of plastic.  Why two or more?  Well, it makes it less likely to get through even if there's a minor rip, flap, it seeps through one, whatever.  Also, you can worry less about contaminating the vehicle with runoff if you don't remove the contaminated layer just right if there's another below it.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 07:21:09 PM »

The difference is, the Israelis have probably been instructed in, and rehearsed, the speedy construction of the safe room.  What percentage of Americans have?  At the point the VX is dispersing is not the time to see if it works.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.