Author Topic: McConnell supports impeached of Trump  (Read 2542 times)

Lennyjoe

• friend
McConnell supports impeached of Trump
« on: January 12, 2021, 11:45:47 PM »

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: McConnell supports impeached of Trump
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 03:51:11 AM »
Didn't Mcconnell say just a few days ago that impeachment would be dead on arrival in the Senate?
Given that the story originated with the New York Times and is from the usual unnamed sources, it probably isn't worth the electrons that were sacrificed to publish it.
Then again, McConnell is first and foremost a swamp creature that has never cared much for Trump, so maybe there is something to the story. It's hard to tell what is the truth anymore.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 08:17:23 AM »
Liz Chenney also supports impeachment. Pelosi made Swalwell an impeachment boss.

They're all dirty.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 10:27:19 AM »
The Swalwell appointed surprised me.  Isn’t he the commie lover?

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 10:32:32 AM »

If by commie lover you mean had sex with a Chinese spy, then yes.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 10:34:41 AM »
Mitch is wealthy due to his connections to a Chinese government/bank financed ocean transportation company. He is married to the founders/"owners" daughter.

I wasn't aware of the China connection before and figured she was OK because they are Taiwanese. Now I'm not so sure.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 11:05:46 AM »

This is just rubbing it in our face.
The traitor Swalwell is still on the intel committee and is/was literally in bed with a chicom spy.
WTF!!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 11:25:14 AM »
This is just rubbing it in our face.
The traitor Swalwell is still on the intel committee and is/was literally in bed with a chicom spy.
WTF!!

THEY

DONT

CARE

They KNOW we wont do anything. They dont care. no amount of corruption or treason will have any effect
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2021, 11:47:50 AM »
THEY

DONT

CARE

They KNOW we wont do anything. They dont care. no amount of corruption or treason will have any effect

Yep, people will keep voting in the incumbents until they retire.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2021, 12:06:26 PM »
The last election here it was a choice between Mitch and McGrath. McGrath is basically an AOC that looks like Bruce Jenner.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2021, 12:10:00 PM »
The last election here it was a choice between Mitch and McGrath. McGrath is basically an AOC that looks like Bruce Jenner

Primaries are a good way to get rid of an incumbent.

Uranus is a gas giant.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2021, 12:12:16 PM »
Primaries are a good way to get rid of an incumbent.

Agree but I could be wrong but I don't recall anyone even running against Mitch.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2021, 12:13:08 PM »
The election was pretty much hold your nose and fill in the circle
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2021, 12:14:33 PM »
The election was pretty much hold your nose and fill in the circle

... like most elections.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2021, 12:56:43 PM »
Agree but I could be wrong but I don't recall anyone even running against Mitch.

That needs to change, everyone should be challenged.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2021, 01:00:26 PM »
That needs to change, everyone should be challenged.

Elections don’t and won’t matter
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2021, 03:46:24 PM »
I hate to think of the fall out if Republicans help impeach Trump.  I am sure I won't vote for any again that vote for it.  Not sure beyond that.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2021, 03:59:00 PM »
I hate to think of the fall out if Republicans help impeach Trump.  I am sure I won't vote for any again that vote for it.  Not sure beyond that.

I'm now reading all kinds of weird *expletive deleted*it about how there were gunfights between LE and rioters, that tasers were deployed against gov employees, and that R reps are reporting they won't vote for impeachment because there are documented death threats against them and their children if they do.

It's getting to the point that if I'm not at a place and see something with my own eyes, I'm simply not going to believe it, whoever reports it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2021, 04:27:49 PM »

<snip>

It's getting to the point that if I'm not at a place and see something with my own eyes, I'm simply not going to believe it, whoever reports it.

That sounds reasonable.  Too many lies from mainstream sources, too much weird stuff out there from non-mainstream sources.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2021, 04:38:18 PM »
But the lies are swaying the vast majority against those with sound minds.  BTw, Pelosi got her wish.  Congress just approved impeachment. We’ll see what the Senate does, if anything.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2021, 04:44:19 PM »
But the lies are swaying the vast majority against those with sound minds.  BTw, Pelosi got her wish.  Congress just approved impeachment. We’ll see what the Senate does, if anything.
I had figured impeachment would be dropped if it wasn't done before Biden takes office.  However, I heard someone say they were planning to keep at it and try to impeach him afterwards.  Supposedly one of Andrew Johnson's (?) cabinet secretaries was impeached after stepping down. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2021, 04:46:56 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2021/01/12/956145776/forbes-editor-warns-against-hiring-press-secretaries-from-trump-administration
Forbes Editor Warns Against Hiring Press Secretaries From Trump Administration

Lots of nastiness.  We will see how much of this is actually done.  This crap leads to a lot of other bad stuff.  

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2021, 04:48:31 PM »
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said in a note Wednesday to his fellow Republican senators that he is undecided on whether President Donald Trump should be convicted if the House votes to impeach him.

McConnell said in the letter Wednesday: “While the press has been full of speculation, I have not made a final decision on how I will vote and I intend to listen to the legal arguments when they are presented to the Senate.”
https://www.wlky.com/article/mcconnell-says-he-hasnt-made-final-decision-on-president-trump-impeachment-vote/35206055
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2021, 04:49:29 PM »
Where can I find a list of people who voted for it?

Ten Republicans broke party ranks to vote in favor of impeachment, including Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney, who chairs the House Republican Conference.