Author Topic: Bend over everyone  (Read 1573 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Bend over everyone
« on: January 27, 2021, 12:08:12 PM »
Once in power they drop the rich will pay for it line.

During her confirmation hearing on Capitol Hill this week, Biden Commerce Secretary nominee Gina Raimondo admitted Democrats will have to raise taxes on all Americans, including the middle and lower class, in order to pay for President Biden's "climate" agenda.

Biden Commerce Secretary: Sorry Folks, We're Raising Taxes to Pay for Climate Policies
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2021/01/27/biden-commerce-secretary-admits-we-need-to-raise-taxes-on-poor-americans-to-pay-for-climate-n2583785

And there's this little tidbit

Last week Transportation Secretary nominee Pete Buttigieg told Keystone XL Pipeline workers, who President Biden promptly sent to the unemployment line upon arriving in the Oval Office, to "find another job."

How about you find another job!
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Bend over everyone
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 01:02:25 PM »
That is partially good news.  There is a large percentage of the population who effectively pay zero dollars in taxes.  I'm OK with that group having to pitch in, too.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 01:27:32 PM »
I can tell I'm going to be saying "enjoy your president" a lot.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 07:54:33 PM »
That is partially good news.  There is a large percentage of the population who effectively pay zero dollars in taxes.  I'm OK with that group having to pitch in, too.

It's largely horrible news.  We're still recovering from the ANDROMEDA STRAIN - - -- - - oooops,  covid19 shutdown and many people are still unemployed,  and businesses hurting or even DEAD.   One of the good things Trump did was cut taxes and that boosted the economy.  As a matter of fact, tax derived govt. income went up during this time.
What Biden is doing (aside from repeating Bush senior's and Bill Clinton's broken promises regarding tax policy) is going to be a millstone around America's economic neck.   
Just horrible if this happens.  Horrible.

Do demorats really care about we, the people? ? ? ....  :mad:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 07:56:17 PM »
Wait till they figure out that Tax rates and Tax revenue  are not linearly related.

Can't wait to see how we blame that on Nazis.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 07:57:40 PM »
Wait till they figure out that Tax rates and Tax revenue  are not linearly related.

Do you really think the  Dems care? ? ?? ? ;/
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2021, 08:01:55 PM »

Do you really think the  Dems care? ? ?? ? ;/

Especially when you consider the fact they're actually the Nazis
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2021, 09:10:39 PM »
It's largely horrible news.  We're still recovering from the ANDROMEDA STRAIN - - -- - - oooops,  covid19 shutdown and many people are still unemployed,  and businesses hurting or even DEAD.   One of the good things Trump did was cut taxes and that boosted the economy.

Trump cut taxes for some people, not everyone.  Mine remained unchanged because he also cut deductions.

IDGAF if people are poor or unemployed.  We all need to pay some taxes.  Obviously, if a person has zero income, then he will pay zero taxes, but otherwise start taxing every dollar earned by everyone.

The millstone around America's neck is the debt, not the taxes.  The debt is there because people want more stuff for free and want someone else to pay for it.  People want someone else to pay for it because they are told everyday that the deserve free *expletive deleted*it.  That they deserve to buy a brand new car every two years.  That they deserve to live in a nice house.  That they deserve free healthcare and COVID testing.  No one wants to take responsibility for themselves anymore.  That is what will kill America.

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2021, 09:15:18 PM »
Bend over everyone

Oh, OK.  I thought this was about the anal swab covid test.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 10:47:13 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2021, 09:32:37 PM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2021, 09:40:15 PM »
Regarding the debt, your tax dollars at work: https://gizmodo.com/u-s-navy-documents-discuss-creating-a-spacetime-modifi-1846139142

I would rather see 1/2 of a million of my tax dollars go into stuff like that than see it go into a 50 million dollar study into what my choice of toothpaste says about my views on trans-gender POC in central Africa.
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2021, 10:37:37 PM »

Obviously they'll just have to keep raising taxes till their plan works.
 :facepalm:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2021, 11:00:54 PM »

Long as I get a snazzy uniform they can keep calling me a Nazi.  Far as I know Hugo Boss probably designed Dress Blues anyway.

"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2021, 11:51:36 PM »
Trump cut taxes for some people, not everyone.  Mine remained unchanged because he also cut deductions.

IDGAF if people are poor or unemployed.  We all need to pay some taxes.  Obviously, if a person has zero income, then he will pay zero taxes, but otherwise start taxing every dollar earned by everyone.

The millstone around America's neck is the debt, not the taxes.  The debt is there because people want more stuff for free and want someone else to pay for it.  People want someone else to pay for it because they are told everyday that the deserve free *expletive deleted*it.  That they deserve to buy a brand new car every two years.  That they deserve to live in a nice house.  That they deserve free healthcare and COVID testing.  No one wants to take responsibility for themselves anymore.  That is what will kill America.

The debt will be a millstone .... around the neck of future generations.  Trump did two things,  cut taxes (maybe not for you, but for many people) and regulations.  This is what got the economy going.  As I said,  govt tax derived income during this time grew.   If you're worried about the debt,  we might grow our country out of it eventually,  but only if we can kick-start the economy again.  It will NOT be done by President Biden.  His policies will hogtie the economy.

I don't really disagree with you about more people paying taxes,  but I'm not sure how unemployed people could be expected to pay an income tax.  Our tax structure has become so twisted that, basically,  the lower half of income earners really don't pay taxes, or very little if they do.   If we could enact a true  single %  tax,  no deductions,  pay in full on April 15th,  say maybe at 13%  for everyone  (we can debate the per cent if you like but EVERYONE pays the same percent whether he's earning fifty thousand a year or two million) I think that would be the fairest,  and the power crazed pols wouldn't use it to balkanize the populace as they do.

In the end, looking at it either your way or mine,  the country is basically in deep Kimshe unless the people get it into their heads,  at every level, that the government cannot be everything to everyone all the time.   Entitlements are killing this country's economic solvency and the peoples' ethics.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2021, 09:15:57 AM »
The debt can never be paid off and it never was intended to be paid off.

Fiat currency and credit expansion economies are at root Ponzi schemes.

Hopefully we are gone when the whole house of cards come down.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2021, 10:01:33 AM »
I would rather see 1/2 of a million of my tax dollars go into stuff like that than see it go into a 50 million dollar study into what my choice of toothpaste says about my views on trans-gender POC in central Africa.

I use Colgate Sensitive prevent and repair toothpaste, which I can only find on Amazon.  I wonder what demographic category I fit into.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2021, 10:05:42 AM »
I use Colgate Sensitive prevent and repair toothpaste, which I can only find on Amazon.  I wonder what demographic category I fit into.

Sensodyne here.  The only category I identify with is "People who have hot/cold sensitivity on a crown, and need an oxidizer in their toothpaste to dampen those nerves."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2021, 10:39:46 AM »
^^^My dentist says that he generally recommends Sensodyne/sensitive toothpaste to all his patients above age 50.  He says the gum line generally starts to recede around that time, exposing the sensitive roots of the tooth.  Although the only time I ever have sensitivity is when I am in the dental chair being poked with metal instruments.  No other hot/cold/eating sensitivity.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2021, 11:01:35 AM »

The millstone around America's neck is the debt, not the taxes.  The debt is there because people want more stuff for free and want someone else to pay for it.
QFT.

Back in 2012 the USA's welfare spending topped one trillion - that's $1,000,000,000,000.00 - a year. The total welfare spending since LBJ's Great Society to date is pretty close to the national debt. (CCP corona virus spending may have distorted things during the last year.) That's a LOT of unearned entitlement spending.

Note that all this welfare spending does NOT include Social Security. (Which begs the question - why do people say earned entitlements like SS and Medicare are running out of money and will have to be cut in the future, but nobody says the same about unearned entitlements like welfare?)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2021, 12:15:51 PM »
I was having some problems with sensitivity a few years ago, particularly around a couple of my canine teeth.

I was using Sensodyne, which helped a lot, but I ate something really sour one evening and all of the sensitive teeth woke up and really let me know it. Took a couple of days to get them settled down again.

I mentioned it to my dentist and she applied some sort of sealant to the roots at the gum lines. Since then, nearly a decade ago, and I still don't have tooth sensitivity issues.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.