Author Topic: Yet another stupid boundary dispute leads to death.  (Read 2474 times)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Yet another stupid boundary dispute leads to death.
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2021, 09:47:52 PM »
I just view the fact he took the time to go get another gun for clearly no other purpose than to make sure they were dead as cold blooded. Maybe I'm just using the term a bit differently from you but I think we're more on the same page than you think.

Cold blooded simply doesn't mean what you want it to.  It is calculated or unemotional acts without compunction.  The guy went and got another gun because he ran out of ammo, not because he planned anything, and certainly not because he was acting without emotion.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2021, 09:50:43 PM »
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cold-blooded

cold-blooded adjective
Save Word
To save this word, you'll need to log in.

cold-blood·​ed | \ ˈkōl(d)-ˈblə-dəd  \
Definition of cold-blooded
1a: done or acting without consideration, compunction, or clemency
cold-blooded murder
b: MATTER-OF-FACT, EMOTIONLESS
a cold-blooded assessment
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2021, 09:59:21 PM »

cold-blooded adjective
Save Word

cold-blooded murder

Not the same thing at all

"Hot blooded"/crime of passion:

"In criminal law, a crime of passion is a crime committed in the "heat of passion" in response to provocation, as opposed to one that was premeditated or deliberated. ... Furthermore, for a defendant to have acted in the heat of passion, he or she must have been succumbed to adequate provocation."
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2021, 09:59:53 PM »

cold-blooded adjective
Save Word

cold-blooded murder

He did demonstrate consideration and even clemency when he brandished without opening fire; he gave them one last chance to stop.  Still not cold blooded.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2021, 10:03:22 PM »
He did demonstrate consideration and even clemency when he brandished without opening fire; he gave them one last chance to stop.  Still not cold blooded.

Did he show them clemency when he came back with another gun and stood over them and shot them both again? The fight was clearly over before that point.

they were stupid.
He was stupid.
Three people are dead.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2021, 10:10:44 PM »
Did he show them clemency when he came back with another gun and stood over them and shot them both again? The fight was clearly over before that point.

they were stupid.
He was stupid.
Three people are dead.

Reading is fundamental; he demonstrated two of three while the definition hinges on displaying none.

It's okay to acknowledge one's misuse of vocabulary, it's generally how we learn and improve.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2021, 10:16:04 PM »
Reading is fundamental; he demonstrated two of three while the definition hinges on displaying none.

It's okay to acknowledge one's misuse of vocabulary, it's generally how we learn and improve.

If it had said AND clemency and not OR clemency I would fully agree

Lets move on unlike those three.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 10:47:30 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2021, 10:16:25 AM »
I heard somewhere this had been going on for a while.  The couple seemed to take delight in doing things to provoke the man.  Doesn't justify murder.  (I heard that.  I didn't see it in an article so it may not be true.)

Some people are just ***holes, but you still can't kill them.  Sounds like he regretted what he did pretty quick. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2021, 12:23:39 PM »
I watched the video.  Was the audio correctly synched with the video?  It sounded like there were several shots before anyone actually got shot.  Why would someone just stand there while a guy was shooting?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2021, 02:49:41 PM »
I watched the video.  Was the audio correctly synched with the video?  It sounded like there were several shots before anyone actually got shot.  Why would someone just stand there while a guy was shooting?

I didn't notice any synch issues. I did notice that the couple were aholes. They seemed to think that they were untouchable.

Again, they didn't deserve to die, but in the video, and apparently for a long time before, they were doing the exact same bully stuff we are trying to stop in schools, where kids are bullied so bad with no one intervening, that they end up committing suicide. In this case the person who was bullied got revenge on the bullies before he killed himself.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2021, 07:50:52 PM »
Am I a terrible person for thinking that neighborhood is better off now?

At least the average IQ increased ...
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2021, 08:31:42 PM »
I counted six shots before the man was actually hit.  Why the hell would they just stand there getting shot at?  Morons, all three of them.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2021, 08:52:41 PM »
Am I a terrible person for thinking that neighborhood is better off now?

At least the average IQ increased ...

I'll save you a seat on the flaming bus..

I call the score -2 aholes and -1 guy finally provoked to violence that should've known better.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2021, 04:07:57 PM »
"Cold blooded is reserved for calculated/premeditated murder.  If he hadn't killed himself this would be Murder 2 or whatever the local unpremeditated murder "

Nope. Shooting them with the handgun would likely have brought a 2nd degree murder charge.

Going back into the house, obtaining a rifle, and then coming out and ensuring that they were dead?

That's a classic first degree murder charge case in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The act of retrieving another gun and then firing additional shots satisfies both the premeditation and planning aspects required to charge first degree murder.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2021, 04:10:05 PM »
I counted six shots before the man was actually hit.  Why the hell would they just stand there getting shot at?  Morons, all three of them.
I noticed the same thing.  Crazy.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2021, 04:14:37 PM »
"Cold blooded is reserved for calculated/premeditated murder.  If he hadn't killed himself this would be Murder 2 or whatever the local unpremeditated murder "

Nope. Shooting them with the handgun would likely have brought a 2nd degree murder charge.

Going back into the house, obtaining a rifle, and then coming out and ensuring that they were dead?

That's a classic first degree murder charge case in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The act of retrieving another gun and then firing additional shots satisfies both the premeditation and planning aspects required to charge first degree murder.

Psychotic episodes don't work that way.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2021, 04:29:07 PM »
Psychotic episodes don't work that way.

Does reality generally have much bearing on criminal charges and our legal system?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2021, 04:34:03 PM »
"Psychotic episodes don't work that way."

Yeah, they do, because it's up to the defense to convince a jury that there was an actual mental issue that negates or lessens the severity the charges. The state charges based on the factual transactions of the case. The transactions in this case are clear and are clearly born out by Pennsylvania law -- first degree murder attached when he came back out of his house with another gun to complete the transaction. The timing element is critical, and it doesn't (or wouldn't have) worked in the shooter's favor at all. The state would have charge first and second degree murder had he not killed himself.

I covered a similar case as a reporter in Pennsylvania years ago -- a murder that started out as an opportunistic crime and was escalated to first degree murder by the accused subsequent actions.

Accused was losing his girl friend to another guy. He's driving along, sees the guy at the side of the road, and swerves into him and blasts the guy into a field along the side of the road. Stopped his car, opened the trunk, got out a .30-30 Winchester, walked into the field, and pumped two rounds into the guy's chest.

Multiple witnesses to the murder.

Guy was charged with both first and second degree murder -- second degree for running the guy down, first degree for opening the trunk, getting the rifle, walking into the field, and shooting him. He ended up pleading to life/no parole to save himself a likely trip to the electric chair after the defense's psychological evaluations didn't do much to bolster an insanity defense.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.