Author Topic: Mogadishu Redux...bodies dragged through streets, mutilated, burned again  (Read 2735 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Shades of Blackhawk Down...The Somali and Ethiopian soldiers DID NOT deserve this. And why, look what sort of people are doing it. Look what they're chanting!

Insurgents drag soldiers' corpses through Mogadishu
7:20AM Thursday March 22, 2007
By Sahal Abdulle

MOGADISHU - Somali insurgents dragged soldiers' bodies through the streets of Mogadishu before burning them today in heavy fighting that killed at least 16 people and injured scores more, witnesses said.

The corpses of five soldiers -- either from the Somali government army or their Ethiopian allies -- were desecrated during some of the worst clashes in the lawless capital since the interim government took over in December, witnesses said.

In one place, men dragged two semi-naked corpses by the feet while members of a crowd chanting "God is Great" kicked and pelted them with stones, a Reuters reporter said.

In another, three bodies were hauled round by rope, kicked and then also set alight, witnesses said.

The grisly scenes recalled the aftermath of the 1993 shooting-down of a Black Hawk helicopter by Somali militiamen during a failed US operation to hunt down warlords.

"God is Great" , huh? Would that be...Allahu Akbar, by any chance? Why, I wonder what sorts of people run around chanting that while committing horrendous acts of violence? Any guesses?

I once again repeat my assertion that Islamist extremists of this nature no longer even count as human beings. Hell, even animals aren't that brutal for no reason. Tongue

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
But, but- its a religion of peace! rolleyes

How come when white racists drag a black down the street its a hate crime, but when its the other way around (1993, and now), we have people making excuses for terrorists?

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Because no one ever made excuses for white racism.   undecided

I once again repeat my assertion that Islamist extremists of this nature no longer even count as human beings. Hell, even animals aren't that brutal for no reason.
  No, animals don't behave quite that way.  Humans sometimes do.  What's the point of saying that someone isn't human? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

CAnnoneer

• friend
Don't worry, the tossintaliban will be about shortly to explain to us ignorant hacks how these guys are misunderstood highly-cultured freedom-fighter warrior-poet democrats who only did it in self-defense against Western economic, military, and cultural imperialism. It will all be clear then. Hehehe.

On another note, I must agree with fistful here. Technically, these guys are biologically human.

De Selby

• friend
Actually I agree with this post.

This behavior is shocking.  Clearly Islam is the key ingredient, because Ethiopia is a land of human rights and justice, and Ethiopian troops never slaughter innocents or even dream of committing a crime.  In fact, the average Ethiopian is basically an illiterate Nelson Mandela.

This post has changed my beliefs right around.  I mean, before, I could at least tell myself that Islam wasn't the key ingredient in violence, but now that we have the stark contrast between the essentially decent army of Ethiopia and the (partly-I guess only the ones fighting against us are Muslim?) evil Somalis, I know there's proof positive that only Islam could be responsible for this behavior.

Haha, geez...the lengths people go to, and the ridiculous conclusions they draw.  I really do not get it...this is like arguing that the real problem in Liberia was Christianity; after all, the fact that it's a war-torn, bass ackwards African slum-state only has a secondary effect on people's behavior.  It's the Jesus thing we should look at first!
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
I don't think religion has much relation to this.  To me, its typical primate behavior towards a defeated enemy.  Our species does it, Chimps do it to each other and I've read of occasional observations of such in various monkey species.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
The Somalis hate the Ethopians like the Chinese hate the Japanese, like the Irish hate the English, like women hate El Tejon.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
You just wish women cared enough to drag you around semi-naked.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

El Tejon

• friend
Not right now, not with my bum achilles tendon. grin
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Bigjake

• friend

Haha, geez...the lengths people go to, and the ridiculous conclusions they draw.  I really do not get it...this is like arguing that the real problem in Liberia was Christianity; after all, the fact that it's a war-torn, bass ackwards African slum-state only has a secondary effect on people's behavior.  It's the Jesus thing we should look at first!

Do we really have to suffer this fool?  They banned blackburn for less....

Shootin'student, I'd love to see you explain to a MUSLIM mob how tolerant and understanding you are of their form of peaceful assembly.

De Selby

• friend
Bigjake,

I'd no more want to face this mob than I'd want to face the angry Mob of Mexicans that burned some of their own Federal police alive a couple years back, or that giant mob of Americans that burned whole blocks of LA, or that racist mob that dragged a guy to death in Texas, or hordes of Ethiopian Christians angry about anything....

The key is that it is an angry mob you don't want to face.  The religion of a mob is only relevant insofar as people want to defame that religion on the internet.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
The problem in Africa is the tribal/clan based societies with no concept of what we consider basic human rights or rules of "civilized" warfare, not primarily religion.

Non-Somalis, even Somalis of different clans/tribes, would have been treated the same way prior to Islam's arrival.  Us versus the Other.  I'm sure we could find pagan Roman and Greek accounts of such savagery in their day from the same people when they too were pagan/animist if we looked.

Nationalism and non-local religion, whether Christianity or Islam, forms a thin veneer over what is still not yet a "modern" cultural base.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Manedwolf

• friend
The problem in Africa is the tribal/clan based societies with no concept of what we consider basic human rights or rules of "civilized" warfare, not primarily religion.

Non-Somalis, even Somalis of different clans/tribes, would have been treated the same way prior to Islam's arrival.  Us versus the Other.  I'm sure we could find pagan Roman and Greek accounts of such savagery in their day from the same people when they too were pagan/animist if we looked.

Nationalism and non-local religion, whether Christianity or Islam, forms a thin veneer over what is still not yet a "modern" cultural base.

Sure about that? Bin Laden grew up in a very "western" sort of decadence, civilized society, air-conditioned near-palaces, jets and all for his family.

And his beliefs still led him to turn into an animal.

De Selby

• friend
carebear,

Looks like I find myself on the same page as you on this one, as usual.

Manedwolf,

Huh? You think Yemen and Saudi Arabia are "western, decadent" societies?  Having lots of money doesn't make a society westernized or in any other way developed.  There are some wealthy African warlords too-that doesn't mean that it must be their Christianity or any other religion is the cause of their warlord-ism.

CAnnoneer

• friend
Do we really have to suffer this fool?  They banned blackburn for less....

I have been asking myself this for quite some time now.

Shootin'student, I'd love to see you explain to a MUSLIM mob how tolerant and understanding you are of their form of peaceful assembly.

People like him can exist only in our highly successful society, since societal success eventually breeds excess, perversion, and self-indulgence, be it of the political, economic, or ideological kind. Put him in a survival situation and all his smoke and mirrors will disappear faster than the lion says "roargh" before having him for lunch. On the upside, his existence is a good sign - like the rat on a ship or a canary in the mines. Just don't expect him to live his convictions and move to Iran.

De Selby

• friend
People like him can exist only in our highly successful society, since societal success eventually breeds excess, perversion, and self-indulgence, be it of the political, economic, or ideological kind.

Okay, on the one hand, I'm just like the Taliban....ie, people who arise out of a highly unsuccessful, extremely puritanical society where "indulgence" means a few palm dates once a month for dessert for the super wealthy.   

And on the other hand, people like me can only exist in America and Western Europe?

I think you're confusing your insults here.  I can't be a Talib and a Lazy Hippie at the same time-the two lifestyles just can't be lived together.

Put him in a survival situation and all his smoke and mirrors will disappear faster than the lion says "roargh" before having him for lunch

What is a "survival situation"?  Like the woods? Is there some scientific relationship between woodcraft and political views? Or are you talking about self-defense in front of angry mobs of Somalians? Something tells me no individual person is going to fare that well in such a situation, regardless of his politics.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Saudi Arabia & Yemen are not classified as modern, western societies.

Their elites, however, have a tendency to drink like fishes & party-hearty when over here in the states (from my personal observations).  They are reputed to partake of western delights at home, after paying off the right gov't officials (according to witnesses and written sources).

OBL came from this upper crust.  I can not say if he also indulged, but the 9-11 terrorists drank and went to skin bars before going all splodeydope.  OBL was not the "Arab street."

----

A little more on violence & group behavior:
The G-Word and the C-Word
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

El Tejon

• friend
jfruser, I happen to know someone who represents young men accused of crimes from the Middle East at a top engineering school somewhere in the Midwest.  Your depiction here and at home is quite accurate.

"Laws are for thee not for me" seems to be a universal condition of Mankind. grin police

Bigjake

• friend
I'd no more want to face this mob than I'd want to face the angry Mob of Mexicans that burned some of their own Federal police alive a couple years back, or that giant mob of Americans that burned whole blocks of LA, or that racist mob that dragged a guy to death in Texas, or hordes of Ethiopian Christians angry about anything....

The key is that it is an angry mob you don't want to face.  The religion of a mob is only relevant insofar as people want to defame that religion on the internet.

Lets get to the ratkiller....

Religion is the ONLY relevant thing in your reply.  mexicans and racists aren't blood thirsty crazed muslims.  you can't cite 3 examples of mob violence unrelated to religion, then point at somali MUSLIMS, shouting GOD IS GREAT while desescrating bodies and tell me ISLAM is not the catalyst.

What is it with your kind and wanting to point at the current evil threatening the world and pretend it doesn't exist, and that we're no better?

The biggest irritation you pose, is that folks like ME have to risk life and limb so YOU can pontificate from the safety of your PC with your head lodged firmly up your ass on who the real enemy is.

Enjoy it.  Should We loose, I'll be laughing at you from hell when the barbarians are knocking at your gate.

De Selby

• friend
BigJake,

North Korea calls itself a Democracy.  Does that prove that everything North Korea does is for democracy, since they say they are democratic?

If Tim McVeigh had said "God as my witness, I will get those ATF ninjas!" would that make his attack Christian violence?

When Mexican mobs chant "burn in hell", did that mean they were just doing their Christian duty of dispatching servants of satan?

Oh that's right...only when Muslims use the word "God" is there a real religious connection.  Sad

People who want to blame all Muslims for mobs in Somalia are certainly not the sources of moral superiority in the world. 

Edit:

Bigjake, just so we're clear...who is "the real Enemy"?

Bigjake

• friend
dolts like you, it seems.  Commies and Militant Islam.  I'm assuming you're the neo liberal flavor of the former

you're pry right, those were just Mulims In Name Only,  Real ones don't exist, and if they did, they'd get along with everybody, hold hands and sing Kumbaya (or however they would pronounce it)

De Selby

• friend
So now I'm a commie, because I think it's wrong to blame all Muslims for this?

How is that a tenet of communism?  Or neo-liberalism, for that matter? 

I don't see the connection.  Maybe you could explain to me how that works. 

I would say real Muslims are just like everybody else-some follow their religion, some don't, some commit crimes, some don't, and they are all personally responsible for what they do...just like you and me.  But the point of threads like this is to make all Muslims guilty for any crime committed by another Muslim anywhere in the world; that is simply ridiculous.

Think of the reverse: Do you feel personally responsible for any crimes committed by people who defend America, since you are also an American?  Would it be fair for me to say "Well, you're both the same nationality, therefore, you must be guilty of any crimes this other guy commits"?

Bigjake

• friend
done mincing words with ya, troll. 

whole teaching a pig to sing thing.

De Selby

• friend
Well BigJake, I guess we can agree to disagree.  It's a good thing that, even disagreeing on such important issues, we Americans are able to have adult discussions. 

I have new faith in America every time I realize that no one gets irrational and uses name calling in these sorts of talks.  It convinces me that we're all essentially rational.  Like your last couple of post for example...

"dolt"

"commie"

"troll"

"pig"

I had to just take a second to admire the professionalism of those in particular.

CAnnoneer

• friend
Bigjake,

Thank you for your service. You are certainly appreciated. Please stick around and don't mind the troll. He'll get himself banned eventually.