Author Topic: Resident Alien on SyFy  (Read 8048 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Resident Alien on SyFy
« Reply #125 on: August 25, 2022, 09:16:52 PM »
I'm watching S2E1 now.  I think I need to go back and watch the last episode of S1, I've forgotten too much.  "This is some bullshit!"   :laugh:
"It's good, though..."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #126 on: August 25, 2022, 11:12:31 PM »
We tried to watch it again when the 2nd half of season 2 started up a couple weeks ago.  We got bored and turned it off again.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #127 on: August 26, 2022, 06:58:11 AM »
I'm warming up to it. Really liked the second episode of the second half of the season.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2022, 11:37:08 AM »
I can't watch the first season again unless I signup for a subscription service to Peacock.  (I have Peacock, but just the free version)  So I read the S1 episode synopses online and continued watching S2 on syfy.  The 3rd episode, I think it was called "Girls' Night" was pretty bad.  If I had started with that episode I think I would have just turned it off and found something else to watch.  The first 2 episodes were pretty good and hopefully S2E3 was just a one-off wokefest and they got it out of their system and can get back to the story.
"It's good, though..."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2022, 12:37:50 PM »
I am running a week behind and so far with season 2 I am .... meh...., so far I am not impressed and even less so after watching the episode from last week. I only watch it at this point because I still have hopes it will kind of go back to its roots from season 1 but it seems it is destined to careen off on a new, touchy-feely direction. I don't know if they are trying to pull in a different demographic (women in particular) or not.With season 1 I would watch it within a day or so, this season if I even remember it is recorded I will eventually get to it.

bob

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2024, 01:33:21 PM »
Time to bring it back to the top so those who want to binge watch the first two seasons before season 3 will have close to a week to do it. Season 3 starts Feb 14 on SyFy and Peacock streaming.

https://www.syfy.com/resident-alien/watch/videos

bob
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 01:54:44 PM by BobR »

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #131 on: February 09, 2024, 08:40:20 AM »
I need to set it up to record on my Hulu cloud DVR.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2024, 07:13:20 PM »
Two episodes into the season and so far so good!

I'm really liking it so far.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2024, 07:22:37 PM »
Two episodes into the season and so far so good!

I'm really liking it so far.
Considering how Season 2 ended, I really was expecting more exposition of what was going on in the secret underground facility Linda Hamilton's character took our RA into last year. About all I got was that our RA didn't like the way Linda's people were shuffling papers.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2024, 09:59:55 PM »
It's two episodes in.

Give it time.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2024, 07:58:24 AM »
Crap! I wanted to go back and watch a couple of episodes from seasons 1 and 2 because I enjoyed them.

I though the entire series was streaming on Hulu.

Nope.

Peacock.

Gotta think about this.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2024, 09:01:33 AM »
^^^

It appears the older seasons are on Netflix now as well.

I haven't watched the new season yet. I've got the episodes recording and will probably start watching in a couple of weeks.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2024, 06:24:37 PM »
I almost dropped a hysterically funny spoiler from the second episode.

I just about fell off my sofa I was laughing so hard.