Author Topic: Toll Free Numbers  (Read 437 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Toll Free Numbers
« on: February 06, 2021, 05:09:29 PM »
I had reason to check this out.  Yes, easy to search-engine it.  But here it is anyhow:

TOLL FREE AREA CODES
800   833   844   855  866  877  888

WHAT HAPPENED TO 811 AND 822?

Area code 822 is expected to be used in the future, followed by 880 through 887, then 889. However, 811 is reserved as a three-digit number for various other purposes. In addition, 899 is reserved as a member of the series x9x for future numbering plan expansion.

Just to satisfy your yet-to-be-curious curiosity.

You're welcome.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Toll Free Numbers
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 05:13:57 PM »
811 is for locate services before you dig so you don't damage underground utilities.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 07:11:37 PM »
Tried posting something about telephone area code 666 which is supposedly in Minnesota, but it looks like they may have changed that area code to 507.  I guess.  Or unseen forces are at work.

I was just kidding when I looked it up, Lord.  Honest. Just kidding around.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 07:34:21 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 07:35:54 PM »
My brother was stuck in an apartment that had a 666 prefix for his landline.  One of those local telcom deals where you couldn't change it.  His grandmother was not amused. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 10:39:42 PM »
Oklahoma change our license plate design a few years ago.
Format is ABC-123.
My wife made the trip to get our new plate. She was offered the tag with ABC-666. She declined. I'd have taken it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 10:59:46 PM »
Oklahoma change our license plate design a few years ago.
Format is ABC-123.
My wife made the trip to get our new plate. She was offered the tag with ABC-666. She declined. I'd have taken it.

I have asked for plates with 666 on them  in the past. :)

bob