Author Topic: CZ aquires Colt  (Read 1865 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: CZ aquires Colt
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2024, 12:56:44 PM »
I opened this thread fully expecting to see "CZ COLLAPSES INTO INSOLVENCY DUE TO THE FINANCIAL DISASTER THAT IS, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, COLT"
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2024, 01:02:32 PM »
I'm still upset CZ halted produced of the CZ-527s.
Got a 527 223 carbine and was looking to get one in 7.62x39 as well but since CZ stop production prices for 527s have gone stupid.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2024, 06:40:58 PM »
Will this be good or bad? A lot of my ammo is S&B, and I've been happy with it.

S&B is good ammo. At the least, this is one brand that won't be owned by Vista Outdoors.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2024, 06:45:05 PM »
S&B is good ammo. At the least, this is one brand that won't be owned by Vista Outdoors.

*Cough*

Czech gunmaker Colt CZ makes offer for Vista Outdoor
https://www.reuters.com/markets/deals/czech-gunmaker-colt-cz-makes-offer-vista-outdoor-2023-11-23/

Was rejected though

That was in Nov

This is from Dec 19

Colt CZ Group, a Czech firearms manufacturer, presents a proposal to acquire Vista Outdoor
https://www.czechtradeoffices.com/en/us/news/colt-cz-group,-a-czech-firearms-manufacturer,-presents-a-proposal-to-acquire-vista-outdoor

In response to the proposal, Vista released a statement indicating that it has not made a decision regarding the offer. Colt CZ's bid includes the intention to keep the company intact, opposing Vista's previously announced $1.91 billion deal to sell its sporting products business to privately held Czechoslovak Group (CSG) in October.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zahc

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2024, 11:33:24 AM »
This.

I understand that it is very costly to move manufacturing facilities, but it seems like even those gun manufacturers currently established in the commie states would in the long run be much better off eating the relocation costs now, and getting out while the getting is good.

This is the modern industrial conundrum. Although you are right that the traditional manufacturing centers are increasingly business unfriendly, especially with guns, the fact is that the other alternatives have still largely failed to generate equivalent industrial city economies. Even a flagging, failing industrial city is nevertheless an industrial city and doesn't swap with undeveloped areas. So while Rochester is a dump, it's not exactly like there's another Rochester that is a cheaper or in more politically favorable state. This has been noted since the civil war and still largely true. Only industries that are basically self-contained or new enough not to draw advantages from the classic industrial centers (semiconductors comes to mind, maybe pharma) are succeeding in fleeing them.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2024, 10:51:41 PM »
I'm still upset CZ halted produced of the CZ-527s.
Got a 527 223 carbine and was looking to get one in 7.62x39 as well but since CZ stop production prices for 527s have gone stupid.

Same here. CZ did us wrong with that shitty looking new rifle.

If you want a 7.62x39 bolt look at the Ruger American Ranch. Feeds from mini-30 magazines.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2024, 11:13:49 PM »
Same here. CZ did us wrong with that shitty looking new rifle.

If you want a 7.62x39 bolt look at the Ruger American Ranch. Feeds from mini-30 magazines.

Saw the new model and thought to myself "you got to be kidding!"
I greatly prefer the classic simple looks of the 527
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 09:01:04 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2024, 08:59:29 AM »
"Same here. CZ did us wrong with that shitty looking new rifle. "

What, the 600?

Yeah, it's kind of odd looking, but strikes me as very... European.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2024, 11:36:31 AM »
"Same here. CZ did us wrong with that shitty looking new rifle. "

What, the 600?

Yeah, it's kind of odd looking, but strikes me as very... European.

Ugly as sin compared to the beautiful commercial Mauser actions that they had before in the 527 and 550 series.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2024, 03:37:36 PM »
I never found the 527 to be particularly good looking.

It looked, and still looks, blocky and chunky to me. I also don't particularly care for how they handled. The feel and weight distribution were all off for me.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2024, 03:44:24 PM »
I never found the 527 to be particularly good looking.

It looked, and still looks, blocky and chunky to me. I also don't particularly care for how they handled. The feel and weight distribution were all off for me.

Blocky?

- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2024, 04:27:01 PM »
Did I stutter?

Yes. BLOCKY.

Blocky magazine.

Blocky front sight ramp and hood.

Blocky forearm.

Chunky forearm.

Chunky wrist.

It weighed more than it should have for a smallbore varmint class rifle.

I will give it props for the action. It was very nice and smooth.