Author Topic: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control  (Read 60771 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control
« on: February 13, 2021, 09:04:57 AM »
Now that Biden is finished with the anti-Trump EOs, he (or his puppet masters) is ready to move on gun control.

“During the campaign, President Biden laid out an ambitious plan to make our community safer. And that’s why in part, yesterday, senior members of his team … hosted a virtual discussion with leaders of gun violence prevention groups to discuss our shared goals,” said Psaki.

“We look forward to working with gun violence survivors and advocates and sharing more in the weeks and months ahead about our efforts to make our communities safer,” she added.

The main part of Biden’s gun control agenda includes banning the manufacture and sale of “assault weapons” and high-capacity magazines, regulating possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act, buying back these weapons and high-capacity magazines from citizens, requiring background checks for all gun sales, ending the online sale of firearms and ammunition, and providing more funds to enforce these laws.

The gun control groups who were in attendance at Wednesday’s meeting shared their optimism about getting gun control laws in place that had previously been blocked by the GOP majority in the Senate.

“This meeting provided more evidence that the Biden Administration is committed to being the strongest we’ve ever seen on gun safety,” said John Feinblatt, president of Everytown for Gun Safety, said in a joint press release.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/white-house-reassures-gun-control-groups-it-will-fulfill-ambitious-gun-control-agenda_3695005.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 12:52:50 PM »
I've noticed that the phrase "gun safety" has been adopted by all of the Dems.  Makes it sound better, but it's still a pile of crap.

Maybe time to spend the money I was saving for a rifle project on magazines, hoping for a grandfather clause in the new AWB that will be shoved up our a$$.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 05:17:02 PM »
I don't think he's going to get everything he wants on that ''to-do" list.  Trying to put all semi autos on the NFA  is going to be a logistic nightmare.   I think he might get a assault weapon ban but if he tries to take any away the courts will not allow it. 
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 06:22:02 PM »
I don't think he's going to get everything he wants on that ''to-do" list.  Trying to put all semi autos on the NFA  is going to be a logistic nightmare.   I think he might get a assault weapon ban but if he tries to take any away the courts will not allow it.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Which courts are you referring to?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2021, 07:02:47 PM »
Didn't he sign the senate report on the right to keep and bear arms sometime in the 1980's?  I will see if I can find a copy; I know I downloaded it but that was 4 or 5 computers ago, and it has probably been memory-holed online by now (I'm not yet willing to go in person the National Archives to find a hard copy)
"It's good, though..."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2021, 08:07:34 PM »
Didn't he sign the senate report on the right to keep and bear arms sometime in the 1980's?  I will see if I can find a copy; I know I downloaded it but that was 4 or 5 computers ago, and it has probably been memory-holed online by now (I'm not yet willing to go in person the National Archives to find a hard copy)

Here ya go: https://ryoc.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/1982-Congressional-Report-on-the-Right-to-Keep-and-Bear-Arms.pdf

Don't know if Biden signed it, but he was a member of the Judiciary Committee, which produced it.

I suggest that everyone should download it. I had it bookmarked on another site, from which it has disappeared. Both this report and the 2004 DOJ report keep disappearing, and I don't think that's an accident.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2021, 11:09:54 PM »
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Which courts are you referring to?

The Supreme Court.   With the Trump justices it seems pretty well positioned to defend the second amendment.  I also don't think every democrat will support what Biden wants.

I could be wrong,  but if I am, then may God Almighty help this country,  because it isn't going to end like  President "Ponysoldier" Biden seems to believe it will. 
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2021, 12:52:41 PM »
On Parkland anniversary, Biden calls for tougher gun laws
https://www.wave3.com/2021/02/14/parkland-anniversary-biden-calls-tougher-gun-laws/

The president used the occasion to call on Congress to strengthen gun laws, including requiring background checks on all gun sales and banning assault weapons.

There was no time to wait, the president said. “We owe it to all those we’ve lost and to all those left behind to grieve to make a change. The time to act is now.”
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2021, 01:17:36 PM »
I believe they will hold off on the really egregious stuff until they get the SCOTUS packed the way they want.  No sense in passing a bunch of unconstitutional laws if there is a 50-50 or better chance the court will overturn them.
But unconstitutional laws are coming once the court is packed.  The Dems are absolutely determined to make their gun control wet dreams come true.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2021, 01:24:22 PM »
I honestly believe that nothing will push this Balkanized country into killing each other faster than trying to collect "assault weapons".  I think, based on what of seen of other strongly tribal countries, that from where we are now this only ends in bloodshed anyway, but that will hasten it like nothing else.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2021, 03:56:49 PM »
Yep going to be hard to get away with much until they pack the court. Missouri will push back and so will other states.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2021, 04:06:31 PM »
On Parkland anniversary, Biden calls for tougher gun laws
https://www.wave3.com/2021/02/14/parkland-anniversary-biden-calls-tougher-gun-laws/

Thr Epoch Times mentioned a couple of other things as well:

Today, I am calling on Congress to enact commonsense gun law reforms, including requiring background checks on all gun sales, banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, and eliminating immunity for gun manufacturers who knowingly put weapons of war on our streets.”

https://www.theepochtimes.com/biden-calls-on-congress-to-restrict-gun-ownership_3696206.html?utm_source=news&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-02-14-2
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2021, 04:22:27 PM »
Going to be fun. The ar platform defines common use.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2021, 04:28:03 PM »
The problem comes when the gun owners simply refuse to obey an illegitimate government and abrogation of their God given and constitutionally guaranteed rights, and resist. At first, most will duck and stay quiet- that will last for a little while, until enforcement starts and a few people get killed.  That is when the dirty war starts. When it does, the target list will go exponential.

Some of you guys know first hand what this looks like- neighbor against neighbor, cop against cops, neighbor against cop, cop against boss cop,  sister against brother, and on and on and on.  I am fortunate, all my knowledge is from books.

They must know this. Seriously, they must. And it will destroy the country as a governable entity. So why?
The only answer I can come up with is they think an intact functional USA is an impediment to world rule.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2021, 10:24:33 PM »
Gotta have some kind of crisis to justify bringing in UN troops.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2021, 10:33:16 PM »
Gotta have some kind of crisis to justify bringing in UN troops.

Don’t threaten us with a good time
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2021, 11:39:06 PM »
Don’t threaten us with a good time
:rofl:

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2021, 08:36:31 AM »
The problem comes when the gun owners simply refuse to obey an illegitimate government and abrogation of their God given and constitutionally guaranteed rights, and resist.

Something egregious will happen.  It will be oddly timely.  Talking points and social media campaign will be all ready to go.  The g00gleborg, Twitter and the Book of Faces will squash any opposing voices.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2021, 09:45:11 AM »
Looks like Joe is using the Parkland anniversary to push his gun agenda.

https://www.newsmax.com/headline/biden-gun-control-message/2021/02/14/id/1009959/

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2021, 10:35:24 AM »
I'd feel a lot more comfortable if cocaine Mitch was in charge right now.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2021, 01:03:30 PM »
I agree, Mitch would be light years better.

Maybe if the Republicans weren't divided and had all pulled together under Trump in time for the election we wouldn't be in this predicament.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2021, 01:32:49 PM »
Many, like me, held our nose and supported pappa Bush, Dole, McCain, Romney and other *expletive deleted*it sandwiches the establishment served up in a show of solidarity.

The establishment shows little to no solidarity with their voters ie base.

Now, how many of us have moved on to the accelerationist point of view?

Let the leftists take over, let the whole Republican Party lose every election and hopefully survive the eventual leftist collapse and be there to help pick up the pieces and rebuild.

If the moronic Republicans think they are going to go back to their business as usual practices cutting the MAGA crowd out then they have a rude awakening coming I suspect.

I'd probably support a return to MAGA but I'm willing to let it all burn down before supporting the establishment/neo-con traitors ever again.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2021, 08:27:50 AM »
Some more stuff being introduced:

Chairwoman of the House Oversight and Reform Committee Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.) recently introduced a gun-control package to try to prevent the type of mass shooting that occurred at Marjory Stoneman Douglas.

The package includes The Gun Trafficking and Crime Prevention Act (pdf), The Gun Show Loophole Closing Act (pdf), The NICS Review Act (pdf), The Firearm Risk Protection Act (pdf), and The Handgun Trigger Safety Act (pdf).

https://www.theepochtimes.com/speaker-pelosi-and-top-democrats-renew-their-call-for-gun-control_3697482.html

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2021, 07:51:26 PM »
Oh, goodie, we are back on the SmartGunz (pat pending) again.  Wonder when someone comes up with the idea of requiring RFID chips in the hands of gun owners.  You know, so their guns work.  Sure. That's why...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2021, 07:53:16 PM »
Oh, goodie, we are back on the SmartGunz (pat pending) again.  Wonder when someone comes up with the idea of requiring RFID chips in the hands of gun owners.  You know, so their guns work.  Sure. That's why...

Not just in gun owners
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes