Author Topic: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control  (Read 63204 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control
« Reply #750 on: July 22, 2022, 07:38:41 PM »
Like shooting fish in a barrel

Debunking Sheila Jackson Lee's Babble At House "Assault Weapon" Ban Hearing - HR 1808
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPK7Fga3Lj8
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #751 on: July 23, 2022, 04:15:04 PM »
Like shooting fish in a barrel

Debunking Sheila Jackson Lee's Babble At House "Assault Weapon" Ban Hearing - HR 1808
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPK7Fga3Lj8

The feces Congressional Dems are shoveling about guns is as heavy as 10 boxes you might be moving.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #752 on: July 23, 2022, 05:42:04 PM »
The only way to really bring back the second amendment is to remind Americans we have a fundamental right to own "weapons of war." Change my mind.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pb

• friend
« Reply #753 on: July 23, 2022, 11:10:01 PM »
The only way to really bring back the second amendment is to remind Americans we have a fundamental right to own "weapons of war." Change my mind.

You are exactly right.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #754 on: July 24, 2022, 09:29:08 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #755 on: July 24, 2022, 10:23:43 AM »
Oh. My. God.

https://youtu.be/7KHJg86C2HQ

Evil baby killing Mini-14 vs the good mostly peaceful Mini-14 where the only meaningful different is the stock has been meme food ever since the 94 "ban"
The fact they ban the receiver then unban it within the same bill is another example they don't have a clue what they're banning.

We're dealing with people who can't even define what a woman is.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #756 on: July 24, 2022, 10:51:10 AM »
Evil baby killing Mini-14 vs the good mostly peaceful Mini-14 where the only meaningful different is the stock has been meme food ever since the 94 "ban"
The fact they ban the receiver then unban it within the same bill is another example they don't have a clue what they're banning.

We're dealing with people who can't even define what a woman is.

I know this has been an example for a long time, but the absolute stupidity and dodging is just aggravating, especially knowing how many sheep believe the idiot.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #757 on: July 25, 2022, 06:37:44 PM »
Could be up for a full house vote Thur or Friday

URGENT UPDATE: HR1808 Assault Weapon Ban To Get Full House Vote!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XjRh39pa9g
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #758 on: July 25, 2022, 06:45:01 PM »
Bearing Arms thinks they're a few votes short. we shall see

House gun ban bill in a holding pattern?
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2022/07/25/house-gun-ban-bill-in-a-holding-pattern-n60767
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #759 on: July 25, 2022, 07:01:31 PM »
It will be interesting to see the list of R "yeas".

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #760 on: July 26, 2022, 09:28:05 AM »
How long before Hulu cracks?

Hulu has a policy of not running ads that involve "controversial" politics.
Ds are calling this shady after Hulu refused to run their ads calling for gun control and attacking Rs over gun control.
Bake the cake again

Hulu blasted for refusing to run gun control ads
https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2022/07/26/hulu-gun-control-ads-n60780
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #761 on: July 26, 2022, 09:48:35 AM »
How long before Hulu cracks?

Hulu has a policy of not running ads that involve "controversial" politics.
Ds are calling this shady after Hulu refused to run their ads calling for gun control and attacking Rs over gun control.
Bake the cake again

Hulu blasted for refusing to run gun control ads
https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2022/07/26/hulu-gun-control-ads-n60780

Well that's interesting. One of the few boycotts on my list is Hulu. It was because they caved to that Jackwagon David Hogg:

https://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=57090.msg1156046#msg1156046

I paid little attention to them since then. If they have in fact learned their lesson and gone to a "no politics" policy, I will absolutely resubscribe. That is actually the kind of business I want to most support. I guess it will depend on if they cave to this latest or not.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #762 on: July 26, 2022, 03:15:17 PM »
ATF agent walks in and starts taking photos of gun store's books with her phone.

ATF agent caught on camera creating illegal gun registry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B0htEupBiA
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #763 on: July 26, 2022, 03:55:49 PM »
ATF agent walks in and starts taking photos of gun store's books with her phone.

ATF agent caught on camera creating illegal gun registry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B0htEupBiA

"Gun nuts". No bias there.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #764 on: July 26, 2022, 04:31:43 PM »
Her personal phone?  That's an extra layer of illegal.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #765 on: July 26, 2022, 04:44:29 PM »
Her personal phone?  That's an extra layer of illegal.

I'm presuming it's likely agency issue, but still. Those photo files don't go away. Even if they're wiped from the phone, they are likely synched to a cloud archive. I can almost guarantee no one is going to the trouble of wiping that, certainly not within mandate limits. That seems a de facto registration of any names appearing in the photos.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #766 on: July 26, 2022, 04:50:08 PM »
I'm presuming it's likely agency issue, but still. Those photo files don't go away. Even if they're wiped from the phone, they are likely synched to a cloud archive. I can almost guarantee no one is going to the trouble of wiping that, certainly not within mandate limits. That seems a de facto registration of any names appearing in the photos.

Brad

She was using both her agency phone and her personal phone to record the records.  It was her personal phone that had the app that straightened and clarified the document images.  That was according to the explanation she gave the wife of the store owner.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #767 on: July 26, 2022, 04:57:34 PM »
She was using both her agency phone and her personal phone to record the records.  It was her personal phone that had the app that straightened and clarified the document images.  That was according to the explanation she gave the wife of the store owner.

That's actionable in court. Like seriously actionable. That's using a personal device to record government documents, a definite no-no. Plus, anything she put on her personal phone gets archived to her provider/phone's cloud service, a service I highly doubt meets the security criteria for federal documents.

At the very least it should be felony theft of government data, plus something for intentional disclosure of confidential information. If she emailed or texted the photos to from her personal phone to her agency phone, that's another serious layer of criminal fail.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #768 on: July 26, 2022, 09:13:24 PM »
Don't recalled if this was mentioned in the above video, may have missed it, but in this video it is stated at 02:48 she is recommending their FFL be revocated.

BIG NEWS: ATF CAUGHT RED HANDED Photographing FFL Bound Books
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzbo767TikE

BTW: Anyone else get Karen vibes from her appearance?

- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #769 on: July 26, 2022, 09:54:32 PM »
I'm waiting for someone to come to my door. My sheriff will arrest them. If I don't woodchipper them first.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #770 on: July 26, 2022, 10:33:48 PM »
I'm waiting for someone to come to my door. My sheriff will arrest them. If I don't woodchipper them first.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
All the "2A sanctuary" chest beating we've seen from state and local politicians and from local level law enforcement is just pandering to the base.
I still firmly believe that when given a choice of following an unconstitutional/illegal order where the alternative is loosing their paychecks or even being arrested themselves, 99% of all sworn law enforcement will pull up their jack boots and "reluctantly" step on your neck (or just *expletive deleted*ing shoot you) to "enforce the law".
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #771 on: July 26, 2022, 11:04:28 PM »
RKL, I've got to agree with you.  Cops are folks just like everyone else; family's got to eat, rent's got to be paid.

Time comes, they'll go for the paycheck.

And our throats.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #772 on: July 26, 2022, 11:11:55 PM »
RKL, I've got to agree with you.  Cops are folks just like everyone else; family's got to eat, rent's got to be paid.

Time comes, they'll go for the paycheck.

And our throats.
Yeah.  The time won't come suddenly.  By the time it does, most of the ones that are uneasy about it will likely have already left. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #773 on: July 27, 2022, 09:58:28 AM »
Looks like the dems are going all out before the midterms.
Now targeting the marketing of firearms because apparently advertisements and product placement in things such as movies and games is responsible for a handful of highly publicized shootings despite zero evidence any of the shooters ever saw any of those. Note no mention of Hollywood's, which just so happens to be a huge dem donor, responsibly in product placement in movies just the gun companies.
Also note no mention of gang bangers running amuck in mostly dem control cities being responsible for 99% of "mass" shootings

House Democrats target firearms industry in Oversight hearing
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2022/07/27/house-democrats-target-firearms-industry-in-oversight-hearing-n60833
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #774 on: July 27, 2022, 01:34:47 PM »
Ban bill got pulled.
Doesn't mean you can relax because more than likely means they're trying to come up with another bill that they hope will get more support.

BREAKING NEWS: Pelosi Pulls Assault Weapons Ban (Lack Of Votes)!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYWhhJxt_7k
- Calvin and Hobbes