Author Topic: Another "revelation" from the CSPI  (Read 1048 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Another "revelation" from the CSPI
« on: March 22, 2007, 11:14:24 AM »
The Center for Science in the Public Interest has come out with another revelation - that some Americanized Chinese food "may be higher in fat and calories than people realize".  No kiddin there Sherlock.  What gave you that idea?

Keep in mind that these are the same wunderkinds who "figured out" that some Mexican food might be high in fat.

Some people have too much free time and and overdeveloped sense of importance.

http://health.yahoo.com/news/173241

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Another "revelation" from the CSPI
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 11:34:48 AM »
And at the same time you'd be shocked at how many people have absolutely no clue about that sort of thing.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 12:17:47 PM »
Mike, it amazes me on a daily basis just how pathetically ignorant many people are.  Worse yet, they are too dumb to know and too stupid to care - try to show them the truth and they will actively challenge you on it.  It's especially bad when you're in an occupation the general public is horrendously misinformed about to begin with.

Brad
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Iain

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 12:31:55 PM »
A plate of General Tso's chicken, for example, is loaded with about 40 percent more sodium and more than half the calories an average adult needs for an entire day.

The battered, fried chicken dish with vegetables has 1,300 calories, 3,200 milligrams of sodium and 11 grams of saturated fat.

Is it wrong that this description made a dish I've never heard of very appealing?
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 01:10:18 PM »
Mike, it amazes me on a daily basis just how pathetically ignorant many people are.  Worse yet, they are too dumb to know and too stupid to care - try to show them the truth and they will actively challenge you on it.  It's especially bad when you're in an occupation the general public is horrendously misinformed about to begin with.

Brad

So what's your point then, Brad?

In your first message you're seemingly claiming that EVERYONE knows this, now you're decrying how ignorant "many people are."

Either way, what the hell is your beef with CSPI?

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 01:32:39 PM »
Either way, what the hell is your beef with CSPI?

They specialize in researching the painfully obvious in order to educate the pathetically stupid.  I have little tolerance or sympathy for that level of dumb (on either side of the equation).

Brad
-HankB

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 01:38:43 PM »
CSPI is another group in the same vein as People for the American Way. They push a liberal, nannyist agenda behind a masthead that makes you think they're actually DOING something that would be rational and make actual sense to be involved in.

In actuality, if a rational, thinking person examines their data, it does not stand up to logic. Warping the scientific method to achieve an end isn't what it's all about.

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 03:09:18 PM »
Hey, if someone is dumb enough to fund them, more power to them.  Unfortunately, I hate to say it that they might be getting my tax dollars.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 04:08:41 PM »
Have any of you ever read their newsletter?

It's actually very well done, and very informative.

"Some people have too much free time and and overdeveloped sense of importance."

Truer words have never been spoken...

So what are you going to do for an encore?  cheesy

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2007, 07:18:08 AM »
"Some people have too much free time and and overdeveloped sense of importance."

Truer words have never been spoken...

So what are you going to do for an encore?  cheesy

Give me some time, I'm thinking...

Brad
-HankB

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2007, 07:45:30 AM »
I'd rather see a CSPI staffer eaten by raging opossums than see them get any tax money for their exercises in the obvious.

At least, then, the CSPI staffer would provide some useful output...as high-nitrogen possum poo.

Matter of fact, I wouldn't lose sleep if ANY Ralph Nader-initiated group was overrun and eaten by usually-innocuous wild beasts.  Anybody know where I can get opossum bait?  And can I disguise it as large helpings of granola and tofu, so as to make it into the CSPI cafeteria?

[CSPI_Update]Pencils: #2 is #1! Water is wet!  Fatty foods prepared in fat and then fried in grease and covered in fatty sauce contain large amounts of fat![/CSPI_Update]
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2007, 08:32:57 AM »
If water is wet how do you make a dry martini?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!