Main Forums > The Roundtable

Bill Gates is a nuclear kind of guy

<< < (2/5) > >>

Ron:
I've always been a supporter myself.

With evil Bill Gates being in favor of it also I may have to reconsider ......   [tinfoil] :laugh:

grampster:

--- Quote from: MillCreek on March 01, 2021, 09:54:23 AM ---^^^And we still need to come with a permanent waste repository.

--- End quote ---

Just need to get rid of Jimmy Carter's law that prohibits recycling of nuclear waste.  Dixie Lee Ray had the best idea about getting rid of nuclear waste.  encase it in lead, encase that in very thick glass, put that in a rocket and drive it a mile into the bottomlands of the deep ocean.

MillCreek:

--- Quote from: Ron on March 01, 2021, 09:59:14 AM ---I've always been a supporter myself.

With evil Bill Gates being in favor of it also I may have to reconsider ......   [tinfoil] :laugh:

--- End quote ---

He has now turned on the microchips in the vaccine to increase support!

MillCreek:
Of especial note regarding the need to increase nuclear power is more demand on the grid for electric vehicles and other uses.  I have been reading how some cities are now mandating that new commercial and residential construction after a certain date not use natural gas for heating.  Solar and wind turbines are great as a supplement, but absent some breakthrough in cheap battery storage, we will need other primary sources.

MechAg94:

--- Quote from: MillCreek on March 01, 2021, 10:29:28 AM ---Of especial note regarding the need to increase nuclear power is more demand on the grid for electric vehicles and other uses.  I have been reading how some cities are now mandating that new commercial and residential construction after a certain date not use natural gas for heating.  Solar and wind turbines are great as a supplement, but absent some breakthrough in cheap battery storage, we will need other primary sources.

--- End quote ---
The US has been one of the leaders in reducing carbon emissions.  We did it using this stuff called natural gas which is cleaner burning than coal.  Nuclear is nice, but it sure looks like it will take years just to untangle the bureaucratic mess before we can even try to build a new one.  Natural gas can help now.  Compressed natural gas can work as a vehicle fuel if needed also.

Natural gas isn't all that bad when used for residential construction.  It certainly would help reduce the electricity demand in those homes at least part of the year.  I guess fossil fuels are evil though. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version