Author Topic: Force of Nature Natural Meats...  (Read 812 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Force of Nature Natural Meats...
« on: March 11, 2021, 07:14:59 AM »
Local grocery chain has just started carrying these.

They have wild boar, elk, venison, and "ancestral" beef, whatever that is.

The elk, venison, and beef all have 100% grass fed claims, don't know about the boar.

Those 4 are on sale this week for $8.99 a pound

Anyone ever try it Force of Nature?

I THINK they also have bison, but that's not listed as being on sale.

I'm thinking of buying a couple of packages of the elk and throwing it in the freezer for next winter's chili. May also grab a pack of the beef to make burgers on the grill.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Force of Nature Natural Meats...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 09:04:25 AM »
That sounds tasty.  I am curious what the source of the meat is.

There are enough game ranches scattered around Texas, I guess that could be the source.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 09:07:41 AM »
That sounds tasty.  I am curious what the source of the meat is.

There are enough game ranches scattered around Texas, I guess that could be the source.

There are "wild game" production ranches all over the country. I have white tailed deer, red deer, elk, bison, and emu production farms not far from me in north central Iowa.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 09:29:59 AM »
I found their website: https://forceofnature.com/

Actually quite interesting to read. They claim that their processes are far more environmentally friendly that traditional methods of raising beef.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2021, 09:49:17 AM »
There are "wild game" production ranches all over the country. I have white tailed deer, red deer, elk, bison, and emu production farms not far from me in north central Iowa.
There quite a few game ranches around here as well.  I thought most of them were for canned hunts.  I guess if the price of meat is good enough, they will do that also.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2021, 10:22:23 AM »
I found their website: https://forceofnature.com/

Actually quite interesting to read. They claim that their processes are far more environmentally friendly that traditional methods of raising beef.

What they're talking about sounds like a lot of modern beef grazing methods being pushed now. I try to work with my cow guy and NRCS to do the same on my place - intensive rotational grazing with long rest periods, using the cows for 90% of my fertilizer, and letting the cow hoofs do the work of working in overseeds in the fall.

Actually few people here, even the old-timers, use "traditional" beef raising methods. Everyone is in to irrigated and dryland grazing with practically no feedlot corn fattening. I guess the younger people because of the environmental / healthy meat factor, and the old guys because they are too cheap to buy feed.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2021, 10:27:33 AM »
There quite a few game ranches around here as well.  I thought most of them were for canned hunts.  I guess if the price of meat is good enough, they will do that also.

Hardest part is finding a locker that will process non typical agricultural meat for resell.

Here is a production farm for Elk where I grew up. https://wildlifelakes.com/

Most of the game meat farms don't have websites because they are just like other meat producers, already have a market to sell too.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2021, 10:27:56 AM »
Crap, I said traditional. I should have said modern industrial to be much clearer on that.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2021, 01:03:18 PM »
Crap, I said traditional. I should have said modern industrial to be much clearer on that.

I knew what you meant.  =)

The current beef grazing trend is technically going back to "traditional".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2021, 08:01:24 PM »
. . . and "ancestral" beef, whatever that is . . .

Depends on who's doing their marketing. In some quarters, "natural" may mean the critters died of natural causes. For "ancestral" beef, that could mean the natural cause was old age.

You really don't want to sample that French dish, beouf ala chevrolet . . . aka roadkill.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain