Author Topic: Green electric vehicles  (Read 2037 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Green electric vehicles
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2021, 01:01:22 PM »
Another thing to consider is that just because someplace has one or more charging stations doesn't mean there won't be someone using it already.

Certainly a consideration. I think the distribution of both vehicles and charging stations is so sporadic right now that there is no way of knowing if you might hit such a wait or not. There are six Tesla stations at the Home Depot that I frequent in Ontario, OR, and I have never once seen anyone using one of them. I could see lines forming someplace like San Francisco, though.

Of course not everyone would have to take the full 20-40 minutes to charge up. There must be some electric drivers that like me, don't like to see things get down to less than half a tank. I assume that would considerably reduce charging time.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2021, 05:17:42 PM »
Another thing to consider is that just because someplace has one or more charging stations doesn't mean there won't be someone using it already.

The map in Tesla cars and the app show how many charging stations are available, since they are Tesla chargers.  It won't show other brand availability, but most other brands have their own apps which do show availability.  Boston Logan airport uses the Charge Point brand in their garages.  The Charge Point app on my phone shows exactly how many chargers are available and which floor of the parking garage they are on.  As a bonus, they are currently free and the charging spaces are close to the door to the terminal.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2021, 05:18:55 PM »
I'm not interested in parking anywhere while I wait to charge up.  If I'm going I want to get there.  This is not a sight seeing trip, it is to do maintenance on our property and get out of Kentucky for awhile.  While there I will be off grid with no recharging stations anywhere around.  How do I recharge an electric truck, if there were one affordable on a retirement pension?  All this talk of EV's is pie in the sky to me.

The future is now, old man.

I'll get off your lawn.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?