Author Topic: Suddenly having issues with gmail, Outlook, or Yahoo mail apps today?  (Read 328 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
If so, it's an issue with Android System Webview. Go to apps, enable View System Apps, find Android System Web view, tap the three dots and tell it to uninstall update. Reboot and done.

Futzed round with SWMBO's phone for the better part of three hours before stumbling on to the news chatter about the prob. For her it was the Outlook, Yahoo, and Amazon apps, though I also see people saying their Gmail was affected, too. Uninstalled the update and rebooted. No more problem.

Brad
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 12:33:39 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

fifth_column

• friend
Re: Suddenly having issues with gmail, Outlook, or Yahoo mail apps today?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 09:39:24 AM »
Interestingly, Android System Webview is disabled on both my Android devices and Enable is grayed out. I've never looked at it before so I can't say whether the change was recent, or if it's always been that way on the phones.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 11:02:45 AM »
Nope, no issues.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 02:33:49 PM »
There's been a rash of these issues among the user community at my company, somebody just posted a notice. Both my phones still show it as being disabled with no option to enable it.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht