Author Topic: A, T, and F  (Read 98 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
A, T, and F
« on: April 14, 2024, 09:03:19 AM »
Diddling around with some numbers I was not too surprised that the number of deaths from alcohol ("ATF") and tobacco ("ATF") far exceed the number of deaths from firearms ("ATF"),

This seems to be the case whatever biased or unbiased data you look at.

However, given the lopsided ratios (see below) El Presidente and his Cadre of Controllers are dead set on clenching down on every aspect of the second Amendment , i.e., firearms, through the "ATF" and through other methods.

Could it be that way since neither alcohol nor tobacca are instruments of direct political action but firearms are?

Nah, Terry, you're just being paranoid and exercising foolish and needless eternal vigilance about the motivations of political factions.

Nap time.

Terry, 230RN

Edited for housekeeping.

ROUGH AND READY SAMPLES (Gleaned quickly from on-line sources. It's hard to get year-by-year direct comparisons.)

ALCOHOL

"Feb 29, 2024 The average annual number of deaths from excessive alcohol use among males increased by 25,244 (26.8%), from 94,362 deaths during 2016-2017 to 119,606 during 2020-2021"  (Apparently much of this is attrbuted to COVID19. I'm not sure how much of this is related to drunk driving and this does not seem to include females.)

TOBACCO

"Tobacco use is the leading cause of preventable disease, disability, and death in the United States. ...  Each year, nearly half a million Americans die prematurely of smoking or exposure to secondhand smoke. Another 16 million live with a serious illness caused by smoking."

FIREARMS

"In 2021, the most recent year for which complete data is available, 48,830 people died from gun-related injuries in the U.S., according to the CDC. That figure includes gun murders and gun suicides, along with three less common types of gun-related deaths tracked by the CDC: those that were accidental, those that involved law enforcement and those whose circumstances could not be determined."

« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 07:04:32 PM by 230RN »

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: A, T, and F
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2024, 12:24:20 PM »
The leftists frequently discuss their true intentions of massacring us or herding us into Gulags.

Therefore the politicians desperately want to remove that barrier.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2024, 01:49:17 PM »
I don't see a lot of freedom oriented profit in worrying about the A or the T in the ATF's name.

That's how we get Prohibition again.

Number of deaths is irrelevant.  100% of people that drive a car off a 1000 foot cliff, die.  We can't ban cars or cliffs.

It's time to raise and educate smarter people, and to allow the dumbasses to cull themselves and their genes from the pool.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2024, 03:01:01 PM »
Had someone tell me yesterday that you now have to run EVERY firearm sale through F-Troop...

Blog under construction