Author Topic: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now  (Read 64252 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now
« Reply #475 on: February 22, 2023, 07:20:39 AM »
White people denying that they’re racist is literal violence because all white people are racist

White women advised that denying their own racism is violent
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/02/21/white-women-advised-that-denying-their-own-racism-is-violent/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #476 on: February 22, 2023, 09:42:27 AM »
White people denying that they’re racist is literal violence because all white people are racist

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/02/21/white-women-advised-that-denying-their-own-racism-is-violent/
I like the one comment that said she sounds high.  Might be right. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #477 on: February 22, 2023, 11:09:24 AM »
White people denying that they’re racist is literal violence because all white people are racist . . .
What they're trying to do is set the stage to justify their initiation of physical violence as self defense.

Deny you're racist, that's literal violence, and I can punch or kick you in self defense.

Admit you're racist, and that's so horrible I can punch or kick you, because you deserve it. Oh, and it's self defense, too.

They haven't quite managed to figure out that when they initiate actual physical violence (as recognized by most sane people) there's a good chance they'll get a whole lot more back in return than they're comfortable with.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #478 on: February 22, 2023, 11:14:42 AM »
What they're trying to do is set the stage to justify their initiation of physical violence as self defense.

Case in point?

Mother of two fatally shot in the back of the head during Kroger supermarket argument SPAT on the suspect seconds before incident in front of children, says police chief
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11777309/Woman-fatally-shot-head-Kroger-supermarket-argument-SPAT-suspect.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #479 on: February 22, 2023, 12:01:21 PM »

OK, assuming this also applies to white dudes, I'll just deny I'm white, and identify as race-neutral.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #480 on: February 22, 2023, 12:02:49 PM »
Case in point?

Mother of two fatally shot in the back of the head during Kroger supermarket argument SPAT on the suspect seconds before incident in front of children, says police chief
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11777309/Woman-fatally-shot-head-Kroger-supermarket-argument-SPAT-suspect.html

It's a poorly-written article.  Who initiated contact?  It looks like the "victim" Borys started it.  (if Harrison approached Borys at Borys' car, why would B be walking away after spitting on H?)  I think she got what she was asking for, (not what she deserved; that would just be a beating) and the rest of the article tries to paint her as some kind of angel.  I don't have much sympathy for anyone but the kids and the husband.

The lesson here?  Don't start an argument with someone and spit on them.
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #481 on: February 22, 2023, 12:35:30 PM »

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #482 on: February 22, 2023, 12:36:12 PM »
OK, assuming this also applies to white dudes, I'll just deny I'm white, and identify as race-neutral.

That will make you double-plus ungood raysis because you refuse to take a stance.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #483 on: February 22, 2023, 01:17:53 PM »
That will make you double-plus ungood raysis because you refuse to take a stance.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #484 on: February 22, 2023, 05:48:06 PM »
Just dropping this here

As we celebrate a Black History Month like no other, people are now faced with the reality that in places like Florida, books that discuss Black history or even mention Black people are now illegal.

Doing his best impression of a white segregationist from the 1950s South, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has declared a war on books that may cause white tears — topics such as race, gender, sexuality, LGBTQ+ people, class, oppression and social justice. Under Florida’s Stop Woke Act, teachers cannot discuss these topics in class under the threat of felony charges, forcing them to remove books on these subjects.

TheGrio: In ‘places like Florida’, books that even *mention* black people are now illegal
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/02/22/thegrio-in-places-like-florida-books-that-even-mention-black-people-are-now-illegal/
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #485 on: February 23, 2023, 08:22:03 AM »
Just dropping this here

TheGrio: In ‘places like Florida’, books that even *mention* black people are now illegal
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/02/22/thegrio-in-places-like-florida-books-that-even-mention-black-people-are-now-illegal/

I know that this is no real surprise to the folks here, but I thought I'd mention that the law in question explicitly states that you CAN talk about the issues mentioned in a classroom.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #486 on: February 23, 2023, 09:36:35 AM »
Just dropping this here

I liked the comment that said, "I turned on the Fresh Prince, and a SWAT team kicked in my door."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #487 on: February 23, 2023, 09:54:33 AM »
Maybe all GOP bills from now on should have names like "Don't Say ______."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #488 on: February 23, 2023, 10:29:44 AM »
Just dropping this here

So I guess people like Martin Luther King and Barack Hussein Obama will now be legally unmentionable . . .

And some people actually believe this cr@p?  :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #489 on: February 27, 2023, 10:52:56 AM »
Not voting for Lightfoot

Out comes the race card, AGAIN

"I'm a Black woman and, let's not forget, some folks frankly don't support us in leadership roles," Lightfoot told The New Yorker recently.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/lori-lightfoot-slammed-suggesting-voters-oppose-because-shes-black-woman-power-time
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #490 on: February 28, 2023, 11:55:33 AM »
More Lightfoot

Struggling Lori Lightfoot suggests TIME Magazine is racist for not featuring her on cover like Rahm Emanuel
https://www.foxnews.com/media/struggling-lori-lightfoot-suggests-time-magazine-racist-not-featuring-her-cover-like-rahm-emanuel
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #491 on: February 28, 2023, 12:33:35 PM »
Yet another indication that word no longer has any meaning. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #492 on: February 28, 2023, 09:51:27 PM »
More Lightfoot

Struggling Lori Lightfoot suggests TIME Magazine is racist for not featuring her on cover like Rahm Emanuel
https://www.foxnews.com/media/struggling-lori-lightfoot-suggests-time-magazine-racist-not-featuring-her-cover-like-rahm-emanuel

Well, Rahm is prettier.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #493 on: February 28, 2023, 11:45:10 PM »
Well, Rahm is prettier.

Definitely !!
Of course, there was that shot of him thumbing his nose at somebody.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #494 on: March 01, 2023, 02:20:30 AM »
Just saw a news story that said she missed the run-off election.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #495 on: March 01, 2023, 08:00:26 AM »
Well, Chicago is obviously racist and white supremacist now.

That's the only explanation for it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #496 on: March 01, 2023, 08:55:52 AM »
Well, Chicago is obviously racist and white supremacist now.

That's the only explanation for it.

Like Memphis and Baltimore.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #497 on: March 02, 2023, 11:20:39 PM »
It seems more likely that Chicago has gone from the frying pan to the fire.
Vallas is (or has been) employed by the Chicago Teachers Union (CTU) which is the union that was one of the major supporters for this heinous "Amendment 1" that gives union bosses more power that the state legislature.
Then there is Johnson.  According to the Annie Fry Show, he is an avowed "marxist" and a major "defund" advocate.
  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #498 on: March 03, 2023, 05:18:28 PM »
Not to mention, neither of them is a homosexual or a woman. As we know, those are both very important job qualifications.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #499 on: March 03, 2023, 07:15:08 PM »
“zip-a-dee-doo-dah”

Disneyland has removed the “zip-a-dee-doo-dah” lyric played during its park parades because it comes from a movie that has been criticized for racist portrayals of Black Americans.

The lyric initially appeared in the “Magic Happens” parade when it debuted in March 2020. The parade recently returned after a nearly three-year hiatus because of the Covid-19 pandemic. Upon its re-introduction last month, spectators of the twice-daily parade, described as “celebrating magical moments from legendary Disney stories” on its website, now hear the lyric — “think of the happiest things” from “Peter Pan”— in its place.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/03/business/disneyland-zip-a-dee-doo-dah-removal/index.html
- Calvin and Hobbes