Author Topic: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now  (Read 63448 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now
« Reply #575 on: March 26, 2023, 12:34:04 PM »
I didn't know that either, and I'm sure I've used the phrase before just goofing around with friends, just figuring it was like any of his other "izzle" nonsense words.

RACIST!
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #576 on: March 26, 2023, 12:48:39 PM »
I didn't know that and I would bet good money neither did she.

But it's okay when Snoop Dogg says it.

Black people give themselves a pass on the exclusive right to use the 'N' word.

More than 20 years ago, when the guy who now owns the range where I shoot still had a  small gun shop in the city, he told the story of a particular handgun. As he related it:

One day a young gentleman of color came into the store wanting to buy a box of 9mm ammunition. My guy sold him a box of 9mm ammunition, and the young man left. Later in the day the young man came back, and said that my friend had sold him the wrong ammo. Owner asked what kind of gun. The kid said it was a Beretta, and he pulled a Beretta out of his belt.

Shop owner popped the magazine and tried to load the magazine, but the ammo wouldn't go in. Owner picked up the gun, and on the side he saw "8mm" -- from which he was able to figure out that this young gentlemen of color had bought an Italian blank-firing replica of a Beretta, thinking that he was getting the real thing. The kid left the store. [But that's not the end.]

Several days later two young gentleman of color came into the store and one of them asked for a box of 9mm ammunition. My guy sold him a box of 9mm ammunition, and the young men left. Later in the day the young men came back, and the buyer said that my friend had sold him the wrong ammo. Owner asked what kind of gun. The kid said it was a Beretta, and he pulled a Beretta out of his belt.

Owner said, "We've done this before," and proceeded to show the yoot that the rollmark on the side of the gun said "8mm," not "9mm."  The second young gentleman [of color] started razzing the now not-so-proud owner of the "Beretta," calling him "You dumb [N-word]. You paid good money for a toy gun."

Owner says, "Hey, cut that out, You can't call him that!"

The second yoot responded, "Sure I can. YOU can't call him a dumb [N-word], but I can."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #577 on: March 26, 2023, 01:10:20 PM »
“Nizzle” is slang for the N-word. Bassett, who is white, also tweeted the phrase in 2011

Ummm . . . if we're going there, isn't "Black" also slang for the N-word?

Isn't "N-word" now slang for the "N-word?"
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #578 on: March 26, 2023, 02:45:08 PM »
I didn't know that and I would bet good money neither did she.

But it's okay when Snoop Dogg says it.

TV news anchor taken off air after quoting Snoop Dogg during broadcast
https://nypost.com/2023/03/25/mississippi-anchor-taken-off-air-after-quoting-snoop-dogg/?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Youtube-community&utm_campaign=YT-Community

Urban dictionary:

"fo shizzle ma nizzle" is a bastardization of "fo' sheezy mah neezy" which is a bastardization of "for sure mah nigga" which is a bastdardization of "I concur with you whole heartedly my African american brother"

Dictionary.com

WHAT DOES FO SHIZZLE MY NIZZLE MEAN?
Fo shizzle my nizzle is a slang way to say “for sure, my friend.” It was popularized as a catchphrase of the rapper Snoop Dogg and is meant as a playful way to express affirmation

I think this station was trying to figure out a way to get rid of an aging, older, less attractive on air personality and she handed it to them on a silver platter.

bob

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #579 on: March 26, 2023, 04:44:43 PM »
I didn't know that either, and I'm sure I've used the phrase before just goofing around with friends, just figuring it was like any of his other "izzle" nonsense words.

*Anything* said by a white person means "*let's not go there*" if someone wants that so they can be offended to further their agenda.  You should know that by now. 
"It's good, though..."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #580 on: March 26, 2023, 06:42:36 PM »
*Anything* said by a white person means "*let's not go there*" if someone wants that so they can be offended to further their agenda.  You should know that by now.
And if the white person doesn't say anything, he's being uncooperative and is therefore racist and aggressive. (Remember the signs rioters were carrying in 2020 that said "Silence is Violence?")
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #581 on: April 11, 2023, 05:46:40 PM »
Sorry, being obese is not healthy nor attractive. Race has nothing to do with it.

The heightened concern about black women's weight reflects the racist stigmatization of their bodies. It also ignores how interrelated social factors impact black women’s health. https://t.co/sqVv8wpHyJ

— Scientific American (@sciam) December 28, 2022

Strings has also published a book entitled, “Fearing the Black Body: The Racial Origins of Fat Phobia,” if you want to know more.

Pop star Lizzo shares nude selfie to ‘change the conversation about beauty standards’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/04/11/pop-star-lizzo-shares-nude-selfie-to-change-the-conversation-about-beauty-standards/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #582 on: April 11, 2023, 06:12:59 PM »
So does being a fat ass now make me also guilty of cultural appropriation?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #583 on: April 11, 2023, 06:16:15 PM »

Nope--excess food appropriation

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #584 on: April 11, 2023, 06:20:41 PM »
Nope--excess food appropriation

There must be some white supremacy in there somewhere causing the excess food appropriation.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #585 on: April 12, 2023, 08:39:40 AM »
Related

Racism pays especially when you're faking data

A criminology professor at Florida State University suddenly left his $190,000-a-year position after being accused of fudging data to make racism seem more common.

Eric Stewart has had six of his studies - one of which dates as far back as 2006 - retracted amid allegations that he fabricated data by altering sample sizes.

Stewart has denied such criticisms but after the sixth incident in 2020 an FSU committee reconvened to address his record and findings. 

Since last month, the professor has been absent, perhaps marking the end of his 16-year career at the school and a years-long investigation into his academic malpractice, the Florida Standard reported.

Florida State University professor abruptly left his $190,000-a-year role after being accused of faking data to make racism seem more common that it is and having six of his research papers retracted
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11963421/Florida-State-University-criminology-professor-leaves-accused-falsifying-data.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #586 on: April 12, 2023, 10:45:33 AM »

Especially if you prance around in a bikini hidden in rolls of fat
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #587 on: April 12, 2023, 10:53:21 AM »
If you don't like body odor or bad smells in general.

Bizarre new research claims that people with a sensitive nose for disgusting smells are more likely to be xenophobic.

In a study across nine countries, scientists have linked a repulsion to sweat, bad breath and smelly feet with heightened disliking for refugees.

Steering clear of stenches is a natural mechanism that helps us avoid illnesses, experts at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm explain.

But when working into overdrive, this may trigger hostility towards refugees who are perceived to have 'dissimilar' hygiene and food habits.

'Individuals more easily disgusted by body odours are also more prone to having negative attitudes towards refugees,' the scientists wrote. 

Hate the smell of BO? You might be xenophobic: Bizarre study finds people who are sensitive to disgusting smells are more likely to have negative attitudes towards migrants
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-11963875/Bizarre-study-finds-people-sensitive-disgusting-smells-likely-xenophobic.html

And the cure

Scientists say sniffing someone else's BODY ODOUR can help treat the condition
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #588 on: April 12, 2023, 11:47:05 AM »
. . . Hate the smell of BO? You might be xenophobic . . .
Hmmm.

After working in the yard all day and staying sweaty, I don't think I smell very good. There have been times I left my stinky clothes in the garage while I made a beeline for the shower. So I guess I hate myself and should send myself back to the country I came from?

Uh, wait a minute . . . I'm from here!

No, like they said, a bizarre "study." Just another way to pave the way to say that refusing to embrace stinky foreigners with poor hygiene is - drum roll please - RACIST. (Of course.)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #589 on: April 12, 2023, 01:19:23 PM »
If you don't like body odor or bad smells in general.

Hate the smell of BO? You might be xenophobic: Bizarre study finds people who are sensitive to disgusting smells are more likely to have negative attitudes towards migrants
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-11963875/Bizarre-study-finds-people-sensitive-disgusting-smells-likely-xenophobic.html

And the cure

So foreigners smell funny, but it's your fault.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #590 on: April 12, 2023, 04:49:59 PM »
It appears that this is not satire:

Susan Rice: Racism has reduced the size of the economy by $16 trillion

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/04/12/susan-rice-tells-al-sharptons-organization-how-bad-racism-has-been-for-the-us-economy/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #591 on: April 13, 2023, 10:25:53 AM »
It appears that this is not satire:

Susan Rice: Racism has reduced the size of the economy by $16 trillion

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/04/12/susan-rice-tells-al-sharptons-organization-how-bad-racism-has-been-for-the-us-economy/
Reduced the economy by $16 trillion? Hmmm . . . what's the cumulative amount of money that has been given as an unearned entitlement (i.e., welfare) to POCs?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #592 on: April 17, 2023, 09:53:14 AM »
Car crashes
Guess a much higher rate of reckless driving has nothing to do with it
Can't make this *expletive deleted*it up

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1647612271365967873

Diversity hire Pete Buttigieg calls car crashes RACIST (no really) and HOO boy what a train wreck
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/04/17/diversity-hire-pete-buttigieg-calls-car-crashes-racist-no-really-and-hoo-boy-what-a-train-wreck/

Buttigieg points to how roads are 'designed and built' as the reason for racial disparities in road fatalities
https://www.foxnews.com/media/buttigieg-points-roads-designed-built-reason-racial-disparities-road-fatalities
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #593 on: April 17, 2023, 10:15:27 AM »
Car accidents amoung black people have soared (mostly among those driving with no liscense).

Probable cause?  Police no longer wanting to pull over black people violating traffic laws. 

The graph is a little old.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #594 on: April 18, 2023, 08:12:28 PM »
He's right that the true driver of our road death problem is road design, as well as federal efficiency standards. I still don't get why either one disproportionately impacts POC. It's just the standard "meteor to destroy Earth tomorrow; women and minorities most impacted" routine as far as I can tell.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #595 on: April 18, 2023, 08:46:17 PM »
It is my opinion that the #1 cause of road deaths is the number of people that in no particular order A; don't really know how to drive but think they are F1 level drivers B; drive under the influence and/or distracted, i.e., cellphones.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #596 on: April 18, 2023, 08:59:13 PM »
He's right that the true driver of our road death problem is road design, as well as federal efficiency standards. I still don't get why either one disproportionately impacts POC.
Are our roads particularly unsafe?  Seems that when I have traveled internationally I saw a lot of what I took to be much more dangerous roads in countries with much lower deaths per population or deaths per vehicle.

What should be changed about our roads to improve safety?  Obviously reducing speed would increase survivability, but given the size of our nation and the fact that we like to spread out, I don’t think people would like to double their commutes and travel time.

To steel man the opposition, it would be easy to believe that older and less well developed infrastructure is more common in poor areas. Since (some) minorities are heavily represented in poor areas, if it is true that older and less safe road design is the cause of increased fatalities, perhaps that is the connection they are trying to make.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #599 on: April 23, 2023, 10:42:40 AM »
Mercator projection maps

While they don't mention race in the article when they say "wealthy" you know what they usually mean.

It gives the right shapes of land masses, but at the cost of distorting their sizes in favour of the wealthy lands to the north.

So I guess Greenland is a "wealthy" land.

The REAL map of the world: Clever 'to scale' chart reveals the true size of Earth's countries (and Russia, Canada and Greenland are MUCH smaller than you think!)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-11990965/Clever-scale-chart-reveals-true-size-Earths-countries.html

- Calvin and Hobbes