Author Topic: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now  (Read 62113 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now
« Reply #650 on: June 03, 2023, 06:35:30 AM »
"The actress attempted to play the role in a macho manner.  It was just dull.  The character was written as a man, and did not fit a woman, at all."

Despite the obvious wokification of the role and the obvious problems with Channi's parentage, I thought Sharon Duncan-Brewster absolutely ACED the role. I thought she was amazing in it.

Max von Sydow played Liet Kynes in the 1984 version of Dune and his talent was completely wasted in the role.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #651 on: June 03, 2023, 10:31:05 AM »

Max von Sydow played Liet Kynes in the 1984 version of Dune and his talent was completely wasted in the role.

Have heard estimates of at least 1/2 of what was filmed hitting the cutting room floor. No telling how much of MVS's performance was in what was cut.
Maybe he challenged the Baron to a chess game?  :P
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #652 on: June 03, 2023, 10:40:07 AM »
"Maybe he challenged the Baron to a chess game?"

You'd think he would have learned his lesson the first time...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #653 on: June 03, 2023, 10:47:45 AM »
Have heard estimates of at least 1/2 of what was filmed hitting the cutting room floor. No telling how much of MVS's performance was in what was cut.

Oh wow... considering the dreck they left in that movie, can imagine what they considered bad enough cut?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #654 on: June 03, 2023, 10:48:27 AM »
"Maybe he challenged the Baron to a chess game?"

You'd think he would have learned his lesson the first time...

The chess game wasn't to decide his fate but to distract death long enough for him perform one final act to give his life meaning before death took him.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #655 on: June 03, 2023, 11:09:48 AM »
I know exactly what the chess game was for.

Sarcasm, Sheldon.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #656 on: June 03, 2023, 11:11:27 AM »
And holy chess playing crap, Seventh Seal is available for streaming on HBO Max (now just Max) and I just activated it.

I know what I'm watching tonight.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #657 on: June 03, 2023, 11:22:23 AM »

There's a director's cut or extended version (or several) or something floating around out there. I remember many years ago watching one of them. I specifically remember Gurney giving an "as an ass into the desert" speech.  I recall I liked it better than the standard theatrical cut. I haven't found it anywhere since watching it that one time, decades ago.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #659 on: June 06, 2023, 08:09:25 AM »
The new Little Mermaid movie

Yeah you heard that right.
While many (on the right) were bashing the movie for race swapping the main character apparently not everyone on the left is pleased with the film

Disney’s new live-action update of "The Little Mermaid" has been slammed for not acknowledging slavery in its 18th-century Caribbean setting, with one critic likening it to ignoring the Holocaust in a 1940s story set in Germany.

So apparently if your film is set in the 18th century and doesn't acknowledge black slavery it's racist.

When are they going to learn you can never win with the left?

'Little Mermaid' remake condemned for 'erasing' slavery in the Caribbean: 'Borderline dangerous'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/little-mermaid-remake-condemned-erasing-slavery-caribbean-borderline-dangerous

« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 01:04:27 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

griz

• friend
« Reply #660 on: June 06, 2023, 09:33:33 AM »
I suspect that films that don't acknowledge slavery are racist for that reason and films that do acknowledge it are also racist because they glorify slavery.  Films not set in the 1800s are also probably racist for avoiding the issue.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #661 on: June 06, 2023, 09:57:23 AM »
So if you try to please the looney's on the left, they will still find a reason to hate you.  Who knew? 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 10:58:45 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #662 on: June 06, 2023, 10:40:16 AM »

While many (on the right) were bashing the movie for race swapping the main character apparently not everyone one on the left is pleased with the film

So apparently if your film is set in the 18th century and doesn't acknowledge black slavery it's racist.

'Little Mermaid' remake condemned for 'erasing' slavery in the Caribbean: 'Borderline dangerous'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/little-mermaid-remake-condemned-erasing-slavery-caribbean-borderline-dangerous

But now they have to explain the fact that slavery existed outside the US.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #663 on: June 06, 2023, 10:44:46 AM »

While many (on the right) were bashing the movie for race swapping the main character apparently not everyone one on the left is pleased with the film

So the wokesters would have liked Ariel to emerge onto shore with legs, be immediately captured, chained up, and shipped to Mississippi, where she can spend the rest of the movie cooking for and being raped by Leonardo DiCapprio's character from Django Unchained? That doesn't seem very "Disney Princess"

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #664 on: June 06, 2023, 11:01:12 AM »
So the wokesters would have liked Ariel to emerge onto shore with legs, be immediately captured, chained up, and shipped to Mississippi, where she can spend the rest of the movie cooking for and being raped by Leonardo DiCapprio's character from Django Unchained? That doesn't seem very "Disney Princess"
Maybe they would.  From what I have heard, there would be more demand in the Caribbean or Brazil. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #665 on: June 06, 2023, 12:31:29 PM »
Today's wokesters believe in strong & heroic female characters in movies, so maybe Ariel would break her chains, knock off Leonardo's character, and then mete out summary justice to Simon Legree . . . while (as a mermaid) pausing to help Eliza as she's crossing the ice.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #666 on: June 06, 2023, 10:16:11 PM »
Today's wokesters believe in strong & heroic female characters in movies, so maybe Ariel would break her chains, knock off Leonardo's character, and then mete out summary justice to Simon Legree . . . while (as a mermaid) pausing to help Eliza as she's crossing the ice.

I understand that script writers are still on strike. Maybe you should apply as a scab -- you obviously have potential.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #667 on: June 06, 2023, 10:37:09 PM »
I understand that script writers are still on strike. Maybe you should apply as a scab -- you obviously have potential.
Awww, shucks . . . I just figured out that to be a scriptwriter today all you need to do is put a woke spin on old stories. (And you've probably got a chatbot to help you with that!)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #668 on: June 06, 2023, 10:58:03 PM »

While many (on the right) were bashing the movie for race swapping the main character apparently not everyone on the left is pleased with the film

Not sure how this is different from all those shows that are lauded for having black/homosexual/female characters in period dramas, being treated as equals with all the white men, no matter how anachronistic that may be. [shrug]
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #669 on: June 07, 2023, 07:26:17 AM »
Guess the movie Spartacus will have to be banned now because the narrative says that only blacks were ever enslaved.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #670 on: June 07, 2023, 03:26:00 PM »
Images of gators when they're on a jacket worn by Casey DeSantis.

Casey DeSantis Florida's First Lady makes a racist fashion statement. Black babies as alligator bait was a theme in racist Florida humor of the early 1900s. It's an inside joke. If you are not from Florida, you may not get it. She does. Do you? pic.twitter.com/mOxp2wadqG

— Dr. Marvin Dunn (@MarvinDunn4) June 6, 2023
    Casey DeSantis knew what the leather jacket she wore signified in Florida's racist history. Why did she wear it in 85 degrees weather?

Were Black Children Used as Alligator Bait in the American South? https://t.co/DlzryJEge5 pic.twitter.com/RDeBd8B4aS

— Dr. Marvin Dunn (@MarvinDunn4) June 6, 2023

A Florida historian claims Casey DeSantis is racist because of a gator jacket…yes really
https://twitchy.com/justmindy-313239/2023/06/07/a-florida-historian-claims-casey-desantis-is-racist-because-of-a-gator-jacket-yes-really/

Now we have DDS in addition to TDS

« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 03:46:19 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #671 on: June 07, 2023, 04:26:31 PM »
Awww, shucks . . . I just figured out that to be a scriptwriter today all you need to do is put a woke spin on old stories. (And you've probably got a chatbot to help you with that!)

And you have to operate on the principle that neither facts nor logic nor reason nor truth matter as long as you make woke impacts.

"When are they going to learn you can never win with the left?"  --WLJ

And that's why.  Impacts count, truth doesn't.

Terry, 230RN

Image credit in link
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 04:40:41 PM by 230RN »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #672 on: June 21, 2023, 10:31:26 PM »
Guess they're getting a head start on this
AI will be racist....or something

Minority groups sound alarm on AI, urge feds to protect ‘equity and civil rights’
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/minority-groups-sound-alarm-ai-urge-feds-protect-equity-civil-rights
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #673 on: June 23, 2023, 09:07:01 AM »
Just a little bit of MDMA and see what happens:  https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20230614-how-a-dose-of-mdma-transformed-a-white-supremacist?xtor=ES-213-[BBC%20Features%20Newsletter]-2023June23-[bbcfeatures_howmdmachangedwhitesupremacist_future]

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #674 on: June 23, 2023, 12:16:42 PM »
Remind me to stay away from the G-23 Paxilon Hydrochlorate MDMA.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams