Author Topic: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now  (Read 64327 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now
« Reply #900 on: February 17, 2024, 07:20:23 AM »
Climate change is coming after black people so they better vote democrat to save themselves.
I guess mother earth is racist because she's targeting black people

Trans health secretary Rachel Levine claims climate change 'disproportionately effects' mental and physical wellbeing of black Americans
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13093769/Climate-change-trans-assistant-secretary-health-black.html
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 09:17:11 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #901 on: February 17, 2024, 07:58:33 AM »
Climate change is coming after black people so you better vote democrat to save yourself.
I guess mother earth is racist because she's targeting black people

Trans health secretary Rachel Levine claims climate change 'disproportionately effects' mental and physical wellbeing of black Americans
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13093769/Climate-change-trans-assistant-secretary-health-black.html
And here I thought their ancestral homelands were generally warmer than North America, so they'd be happy with rising temperatures.

There's just no pleasing some people.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #902 on: February 18, 2024, 08:27:17 AM »
"Guess what's racist/white supremacy now"

Real world data over feelings

John Cardillo
@johncardillo
Harvard professor says ‘all hell broke loose’ when his study found no racial bias in police shootings

“…officers were 23.8 percent less likely to shoot at blacks and 8.5 percent less likely to shoot at Hispanics than they were to shoot at whites…”
https://twitter.com/johncardillo/status/1758833785804595474

Harvard Professor Says “All Hell Broke Loose”, Forced into Police Protection After Publishing Study Showing Zero Racial Bias in Police Shootings
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/harvard-professor-says-all-hell-broke-loose-forced-into-police-protection-after-publishing-study-showing-zero-racial-bias-in-police-shootings/ss-BB1iqOhg
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #903 on: February 18, 2024, 08:45:15 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #904 on: February 18, 2024, 03:51:25 PM »
Leaving your curtains open
They focus primarily on rich vs poor but I couldn't help but notice the "wealthy young white people living in gentrified urban areas" comment.

Uncovered windows have quietly become a fixture of high-end homes across America. The New York Times recently referred to the “obligatory uncurtained windows” of Brooklyn Heights, a rich enclave in New York City, and The Root pointed out that this seemed common among wealthy young white people living in gentrified urban areas. On TikTok, onlookers have been baffled by the trend—and, sometimes, tempted to pry. Although this phenomenon is most visible in cities, the link between wealth and exposed windows extends across the United States. Most people do still close their shades, but Americans who earn more than $150,000 are almost twice as likely to leave windows uncovered as those making $20,000 to $29,000, according to a large 2013 study for the U.S. Department of Energy—nearly 20 percent of the first group compared with just over 10 percent of the second. The line isn't smooth as you slide up and down the income scale, but the overall trend is clear: The choice to draw or not draw the curtains is in part driven by class.

The Atlantic Claims Rich People Leave Their Curtains Open to Torment the Poors ANNND Twitter Has Thoughts
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/02/18/the-atlantic-makes-a-fool-of-itself-with-piece-shaming-rich-people-for-checks-notes-not-having-curtains-n2393061
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #905 on: February 18, 2024, 08:04:36 PM »
I mostly just close my curtains so that my neighbors don't see me doing my special dance...
Blog under construction

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #906 on: February 18, 2024, 10:43:48 PM »
I mostly just close my curtains so that my neighbors don't see me doing my special dance...

I mostly just close my curtains so that my neighbors don't see what I do with whipped cream and ping pong balls.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #907 on: February 20, 2024, 01:37:59 PM »
Music I guess....or something because white create music but they stole it from black people.
I'm confused  :O

MSNBC guest: "If White people hated cultural appropriation, then they shouldn't have created music. Because every form of music in America was stolen from Black people." pic.twitter.com/wysQqDTLaf
    — TheBlaze (@theblaze) February 19, 2024
Laughs in POLKA: MSNBC Guest Says Americans Stole Every Form of Music from Black People (Watch)
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/02/20/msnbc-guest-says-black-people-created-all-music-n2393121

Guy crawled out from under a stupid rock
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 07:12:40 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #908 on: February 20, 2024, 11:31:17 PM »
"Elvis got rock music from black people" is among the oldest complaints of the dreaded [Critical Drinker voice] CULTURAL APPROPRIATION! That goes back decades.

As for "every form of music in America" being black, that's brainless. I'm curious to know if he or she has some background in music, because they don't seem to know much about different kinds of music. Like their knowledge of music goes back as far as maybe the Backstreet Boys.

Plenty of standard practice music has come out of America, and doesn't jazz owe quite a bit to that very European form of music? (Honest question, because I really wouldn't know. Just guessing)

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pb

• friend
« Reply #909 on: February 21, 2024, 04:21:26 AM »
"Elvis got rock music from black people" is among the oldest complaints of the dreaded [Critical Drinker voice] CULTURAL APPROPRIATION! That goes back decades.

Anyone who appropriates good things from another culture is only doing the smart thing, of course.

I think rock was inspired by a combination of black R and B music and white country music (with some black influence to country as well... Hank Williams was taught guitar by a black man).

It is my understanding that Elvis always gave credit to black musicians that inspired him.

I've always thought it was funny that poor Southerners (white and black) invented most of the popular music styles in the country.  I have heard it said that oppressed cultures make the best music, and this may be true.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #910 on: February 21, 2024, 11:38:42 PM »
I'm not familiar with the gentleman in the white shirt, but I think he may be on to something.

(Warning: brief use of the n word)
https://youtube.com/shorts/AGUMyWu9br0?si=1O_L60_4pVrF9Aiv

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #911 on: February 22, 2024, 01:27:31 AM »
Had a customer today who found out how much a single headlight for an Escalade costs...
Blog under construction

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #912 on: February 22, 2024, 02:00:01 AM »
Had a customer today who found out how much a single headlight for an Escalade costs...

Want details!
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #913 on: February 22, 2024, 02:14:07 AM »
$110, not counting paying his mechanic to take the thing apart...
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #914 on: February 22, 2024, 08:36:03 AM »
I'm not familiar with the gentleman in the white shirt, but I think he may be on to something.

I seem to recall seeing that fella somewhere before, giving some other words of wisdom. Based.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #915 on: February 22, 2024, 06:21:49 PM »
$110, not counting paying his mechanic to take the thing apart...

What year model?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #916 on: February 22, 2024, 10:56:24 PM »
What year model?

Well, it's a '49, '50, '51, '52, '53, '54, '55, '56, '57, '58 . . . .

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #917 on: February 23, 2024, 09:20:43 AM »

Hell, that is wisdom that is good for anyone, and something I have heard before in one form or another. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #918 on: February 23, 2024, 05:18:18 PM »

As for "every form of music in America" being black, that's brainless. I'm curious to know if he or she has some background in music, because they don't seem to know much about different kinds of music. Like their knowledge of music goes back as far as maybe the Backstreet Boys.

Plenty of standard practice music has come out of America, and doesn't jazz owe quite a bit to that very European form of music? (Honest question, because I really wouldn't know. Just guessing)

Try telling that to a Scottish Highlander bagpiper.  I'm sure he would disagree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpZiPZwwXhM&pp=ygUUbWFuIHBsYXlpbmcgYmFncGlwZXM%3D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #919 on: February 25, 2024, 03:32:35 PM »
Taylor Swift fans

BLM co-founder slams Taylor Swift fans as 'racists' and Travis Kelce-led Chiefs winning the Super Bowl as a 'right-wing, white-supremacist conspiracy'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13124173/taylor-swift-fans-racist-chiefs-super-bowl-travis-kelce.html

- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #920 on: February 25, 2024, 11:38:36 PM »
I thought we had Taylor Swift's white supremacist super bowl plot so well concealed...

I should have known better than to put Mr. Feather in charge of another conspiracy.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #921 on: February 26, 2024, 07:43:34 AM »
I thought it was racist to say black people had musical inclinations?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAESlpT4yvg

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #922 on: February 27, 2024, 07:21:09 AM »
Mary Poppins

Well, THAT'S a Relief: UK Board Raises Rating for Mary Poppins Due to 'Discriminatory Language'
https://twitchy.com/grateful-calvin/2024/02/26/mary-poppins-rating-n2393312

On Friday, the British Board of Film Classification upped the Disney movie’s cinema rating from U, meaning it contained 'no material likely to offend or harm,' to PG for 'discriminatory language.'

In a statement to Variety, a BBFC spokesperson said that the film 'includes two uses of the discriminatory term ‘hottentots’. While ‘Mary Poppins’ has a historical context, the use of discriminatory language is not condemned, and ultimately exceeds our guidelines for acceptable language at U. We therefore classified the film PG for discriminatory language.'

In case you're wondering what's the "discriminatory" language they're referring to?
Use of the word "Hottentots" Twice!

Apparently it means and I had no clue it meant and I would bet 99.999999% of people had no clue either and it's use is actually pretty darn harmless IMHO even if you did know and besides it wasn't considered derisive in the first place.

But was used commonly by the Dutch in the 17th century to refer to the African Khoikhoi people. It has no known derisive etymology, but over the centuries, it began to be used as a general term for dark-skinned people, specifically those from African nations.

'Hottentots' is used a couple of times in Mary Poppins as a reference to young chimney sweeps because of the ash all over their faces from their work.

That's right: child chimney sweeps in slavish conditions are not a problem, but using the word 'Hottentots' to describe them is DANGEROUS FOR CHILDREN.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #923 on: February 27, 2024, 09:45:09 PM »
Is it wrong that I take smug satisfaction in already knowing words like "Hottentot" or "dotard" before they blow up on social media?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #924 on: February 28, 2024, 09:37:18 AM »
Remember when Black Panther came out and there were calls by some for whites to not go see the movie in theaters when it premiered as to not to spoil the experience of the blacks in the theater?
Well here we go again.

West End play tells white theatregoers they aren't welcome as it hosts all-black audience nights at Kit Harington production to 'protect' ticketholders from 'the white gaze'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13130911/West-End-tells-white-theatregoers-arent-welcome-hosts-black-audience-nights-Kit-Harrington-play-protect-ticketholders-white-gaze.html

- Calvin and Hobbes