Author Topic: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now  (Read 64424 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now
« Reply #925 on: February 28, 2024, 06:53:51 PM »
Remember when Black Panther came out and there were calls by some for whites to not go see the movie in theaters when it premiered as to not to spoil the experience of the blacks in the theater?
Well here we go again.

West End play tells white theatregoers they aren't welcome as it hosts all-black audience nights at Kit Harington production to 'protect' ticketholders from 'the white gaze'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13130911/West-End-tells-white-theatregoers-arent-welcome-hosts-black-audience-nights-Kit-Harrington-play-protect-ticketholders-white-gaze.html

Must be that white fragility...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #926 on: March 01, 2024, 05:07:47 PM »
Black people paying taxes

Actor Terrence Howard reportedly said it is "immoral for the United States government to charge taxes to the descendants of slaves" after being ordered to pay nearly $1 million in back taxes.

Oh and while your at it

"In truth, the entire United States should, by default, become the property of the descendants of slaves," Howard said. "But since you do not have the ability [or] the courage to do it, let’s try this in court… We’re gonna bring you down."

Hmm, I would bet good money 99.99% of Americans are descendants of slaves.
But you're dealing with people who know for a fact only blacks were ever enslaved.

Actor Terrence Howard ordered to pay almost $1M in back taxes after saying ‘immoral’ to tax slave descendants
https://www.foxnews.com/media/actor-terrence-howard-ordered-pay-almost-1m-back-taxes-saying-immoral-tax-slave-descendants
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 05:35:25 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #927 on: March 01, 2024, 11:40:14 PM »
I am now vindicated for having disliked Terrence Howard on sight. Never liked that guy.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #928 on: March 03, 2024, 09:38:56 AM »
Northface is offering a 20% discount if you take their course on racial inclusion
More of the recent the outdoors is racist because there's too many white people out in it nonsense

Retailer @thenorthface are offering 20% off if you complete their “digital course in racial inclusion”.

Customers are told that “white privilege grants access to the outdoors” and warns others are “excluded” from the outdoors because of “racism”.

Woke capitalism at its worst. pic.twitter.com/RiJK1KzLwI

https://twitter.com/JamesEsses/status/1763924481372774564

Retailer Offers Discount If You Take Their 'Digital Course in Racial Inclusion'
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/03/02/retailer-offers-discount-if-you-take-their-digital-course-in-racial-inclusion-n2393541
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 11:40:25 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #929 on: March 03, 2024, 11:38:57 AM »
I'm thinking of suing North Face because they only offer white down in their jackets.

WHERE'S THE DOWN OF COLOR, YOU RACIST BASTARDS??? I NEED BILLIONS TO MAKE ME WHOLE!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #930 on: March 13, 2024, 09:16:39 PM »
White game developers

This is Dani Lalonders, a nonbinary game developer. She was hired by @CliffhangerDevs to create a game based on @Marvel's #BlackPanther.

She says she doesn’t hire white people because they’re unsafe and it’s hard to work with them and only hires people of color.

Is this… pic.twitter.com/zVodAvagLN
    — Libs of TikTok (@libsoftiktok) March 12, 2024

But that's okay, she didn't say black people

Game Developer Has No White People on Her Team 'To Create a Safe Environment'
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/03/13/game-developer-has-no-white-people-on-her-team-to-create-a-safe-environment-n2393943
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #931 on: March 16, 2024, 03:39:35 PM »
Coming to theater near you in 2024 - The American Society of Magical Negroes

Seriously, not a joke, watch the trailer.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt30007864/

Nerdrotic has seen it. Said he had hopes it was going to be satire but said he kept waiting for the punch line that never came.
In short it's as bad as the trailer makes it out to be.
And it's bombing. And there are some who claim because it's not woke enough.

American Society of Magical Negroes is AWFUL - People Are SICK of Woke Hollywood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLcOxV0ykjA

This Reddit thread is headache inducing and I have to remember as a while man I can't take Advil anymore. 99% of the people making the comments just don't get it.

What's going on with all the dislikes on this YouTube trailer for "The American Society of Magical *******" ?
https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/18kgxg5/whats_going_on_with_all_the_dislikes_on_this/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #932 on: March 18, 2024, 10:11:05 AM »
White supremacy is to blame for power grid problems according to Cori Bush. Because you know the KKK is going around blowing up power plants. Then she throws in climate change for good measure which we all know is because of white supremacy as well.
Surprise she didn't include the NRA

She's a broken record stuck on stupid.

While reliability assessments regularly find that increased reliance on wind and solar, increased demand from electrification, an underbuilt electrical delivery network, and rapid retirements of on-demand generators are creating an increased risk of blackouts, Rep. Cori Bush, D-Mo., ranking member of the subcommittee, instead blamed other sources of the problem, namely, white supremacy. She also threw in "climate change" for good measure.

“For years, law enforcement and researchers have been monitoring violent white supremacist groups and their targeting of our country's power grid,” said Bush. She also claimed that impacts of increasing extreme weather from climate change was another factor impacting the nation’s grid reliability.

“It's unacceptable for our children and for our grandchildren who will inherit this mess if we don't address the horrors of climate change,” Bush said.

Not a Shocker: Take Two Guesses What Squad Member Cori Bush Blames for Problems With Power Grid
https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/03/18/cori-bush-says-grid-reliability-issues-are-white-supremacy-n2394055

- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #934 on: March 19, 2024, 12:24:52 PM »
Black people paying taxes

Oh and while your at it

Hmm, I would bet good money 99.99% of Americans are descendants of slaves.
But you're dealing with people who know for a fact only blacks were ever enslaved.

Actor Terrence Howard ordered to pay almost $1M in back taxes after saying ‘immoral’ to tax slave descendants
https://www.foxnews.com/media/actor-terrence-howard-ordered-pay-almost-1m-back-taxes-saying-immoral-tax-slave-descendants
Thinking about this some more, maybe Terrence shouldn't have to pay for anything.  He should move in with a white person who will then pay for all his room and board.  They can pay for other stuff as needed as well.  And of course, since he is living there, he should help them out with whatever else they need him to do.  ... .. I guess that sounds sort of like slavery. 

Citizens pay taxes and take responsibility for their own actions/needs.  If you don't do those things, then what are you? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #935 on: March 19, 2024, 06:00:53 PM »
It's hard to keep track of what's racist. I normally get along OK with my next door neighbor even though she and I are 180 degrees apart politically - we just avoid politics. But one day we were chatting and she remarked that in her opinion the most handsome man in Hollywood today was Idris Elba - and she said she'd bet I didn't know who he was. I told her she was wrong - so she asked me who I thought he was. So I started, "Well, he's the black guy who played the gunslinger in The Dark Tower, and . . ."

Her face contorted in utter rage, she shouted "HE'S NOT SOME BLACK GUY YOU F****** RACIST!" 

Huh?

She repeated herself, and called me a racist (that's F****** RACIST) again.

I told her I don't take that BS from anyone least of all her, and walked away. We haven't spoken for over 3 weeks now. I suspect she forgot she gave me a key to her house just in case of some emergency when she was away. I did a little research with other friends and on line, and it seems that in normal context, "black guy" isn't racist anywhere but in her warped little brain.  But who knows, the way things are going, it might be the next "N-Word."  (Oops, forgot that N-Word is itself an N-Word. Sorry.) :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #936 on: March 19, 2024, 06:09:41 PM »
Her face contorted in utter rage, she shouted "HE'S NOT SOME BLACK GUY YOU F****** RACIST!" 

I'm curious - what race is she?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #937 on: March 19, 2024, 07:27:10 PM »
And if you hadn't stated he was black that would racist too.
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #938 on: March 19, 2024, 09:24:31 PM »
I'm curious - what race is she?
She's a white Jewish woman.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #939 on: March 19, 2024, 09:54:03 PM »
The Bar Exam

ThePublica
@ThePublicaNow
The Supreme Court of Washington has ruled that prospective lawyers will no longer be required to pass a bar exam to practice in the state.

The decision was reportedly made because the bar exam was too difficult for "examinees of color."
https://twitter.com/ThePublicaNow/status/1769790584422560248

According to The Spokesman-Review, after appointing the task force in 2020 to assess “disproportionate impacts on examinees of color and first-generation examinees,” the courts agreed to substitute the exam with “experiential-learning alternatives.”

WA Supreme Court Eliminates Bar Exam Requirement in Pursuit of Equity
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/03/19/wa-supreme-court-eliminates-bar-exam-requirement-in-pursuit-of-equity-n2394148

- Calvin and Hobbes

griz

• friend
« Reply #940 on: March 19, 2024, 10:11:11 PM »
Would it be racist if I preferred my prospective attorney, irrespective of race, to have passed the bar instead of having “experiential-learning alternatives"?

Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #941 on: March 19, 2024, 10:22:23 PM »
Waiting for them to apply this to medical doctors and airline pilots among others
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #942 on: March 19, 2024, 10:35:51 PM »
Waiting for them to apply this to medical doctors and airline pilots among others
Your new doctor and pilot . . .

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #943 on: March 19, 2024, 10:43:48 PM »

Is the one on the left on the Humana Medicare Advantage HMO network?
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #944 on: March 20, 2024, 04:27:56 PM »
Liberal College Professor Goes BALLISTIC After NYPD Officer Gives Her Kid a Couple Stickers
https://twitchy.com/coucy/2024/03/20/police-car-stickers-white-nationalism-symbols-n2394151

Jessica Halliday Hardie
@jesshardie
So NYPD cops at our subway station asked my 3yo if she wanted stickers and then handed her these. I am livid. Handing out well-known white nationalist stickers to kids???

Behold the "white nationalist" stickers

- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #945 on: March 20, 2024, 05:05:59 PM »

Coming to government regulated healthcare near you.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #946 on: March 20, 2024, 05:07:59 PM »
It's hard to keep track of what's racist. I normally get along OK with my next door neighbor even though she and I are 180 degrees apart politically - we just avoid politics. But one day we were chatting and she remarked that in her opinion the most handsome man in Hollywood today was Idris Elba - and she said she'd bet I didn't know who he was. I told her she was wrong - so she asked me who I thought he was. So I started, "Well, he's the black guy who played the gunslinger in The Dark Tower, and . . ."

Huh?

I told her I don't take that BS from anyone least of all her, and walked away. We haven't spoken for over 3 weeks now. I suspect she forgot she gave me a key to her house just in case of some emergency when she was away. I did a little research with other friends and on line, and it seems that in normal context, "black guy" isn't racist anywhere but in her warped little brain.  But who knows, the way things are going, it might be the next "N-Word."  (Oops, forgot that N-Word is itself an N-Word. Sorry.) :facepalm:
Isn't he one who preferred to be called British?

I imagine calling him African-American probably wouldn't have triggered her at all.   =)

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #947 on: March 20, 2024, 06:28:37 PM »

Huh?

If she knows or just suspects you are right-of-center, then it really does not matter what you say about race. This has been true for decades. Look at how the Left responded any time Rush Limbaugh said anything about anyone who was black, whether he mentioned their race or not. The racism is just assumed.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #948 on: March 21, 2024, 07:42:21 AM »
Kidneys

Woke doctors thought a tool that accounts for ethnic differences in kidney function was racist, so they removed it and screwed up the entire kidney transplant database 😑https://t.co/hRcl7rJzR1https://t.co/hRcl7rJzR1
    — Not the Bee (@Not_the_Bee) March 20, 2024
https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/03/20/kidney-dei-messed-up-transplant-list-n2394186

Modern medicine has known for years that there are some basic physiological differences between ethnicities that require different types of healthcare.

One of those differences is that black people tend to have higher serum creatinine concentrations than white people: up to six times higher. What is normal for a black person might be end-stage kidney disease in a white person.

When determining the advancement of kidney disease, doctors use an estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) to determine how fast the kidneys are removing excess creatinine from the body, and the kidney transplant list uses the eGFR to determine the order in which patients would receive kidneys.

Rationally, the eGFR included an ethnicity-based calculation to account for the different normal levels of creatinine, so that really sick people would get transplants first, and people who were not sick would not get a transplant that they did not need.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #949 on: March 21, 2024, 09:19:01 AM »
This was embedded in that Twitchy link. 
https://twitter.com/timhatchlive/status/1770502443907883029?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1770502443907883029%7Ctwgr%5Eb44957e8020c988a23b7cb5bd2dcccb4523a8549%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Famy-curtis%2F2024%2F03%2F20%2Fkidney-dei-messed-up-transplant-list-n2394186

What was left unsaid is that Don Lemon was arguing that minority medical students are too dumb to meet higher standards to become a doctor.  He seemed to be arguing that higher standards were a barrier to more minorities becoming doctors.