Author Topic: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now  (Read 62155 times)

griz

• friend
Re: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now
« Reply #375 on: November 25, 2022, 06:06:42 PM »
Do tell, what is the leading cause of obstructive sleep apnea again?

Systemic racism of course.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #376 on: December 01, 2022, 07:53:16 AM »
Could be more to this but it apparently asking a black person where they're from is racist and an act of violence now.

Ngozi Fulani: Lady Susan Hussey's race comments were abuse, says charity boss
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-63819482
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 08:45:55 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #377 on: December 01, 2022, 08:18:19 AM »
Could be more to this this but it appears asking a black person where they're from is racist and an act of violence.

Ngozi Fulani: Lady Susan Hussey's race comments were abuse, says charity boss
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-63819482
I'm a white person and I've lost count of the number of times I've been asked where I'm from. It would seem that this charity boss doesn't want to be treated the way white people are.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #378 on: December 01, 2022, 09:40:19 AM »
I'm a white person and I've lost count of the number of times I've been asked where I'm from. It would seem that this charity boss doesn't want to be treated the way white people are.

Equal treatment: old, busted, and raciss.

Equity: it's anti-racist (meaning special privileges for non-whites)

I don't make the rules...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #379 on: December 06, 2022, 03:49:01 PM »
Shark Week has too many white men

[Allegheny College biology professor Lisa] Whitenack led a team of researchers to examine hundreds of “Shark Week” episodes that aired between 1988 and 2020. In a study published last month by the Public Library of Science, their research claims that Discovery’s programming emphasized negative messages about sharks, lacked useful messaging about shark conservation and overwhelmingly featured White men as experts — including several with the same name.

The programming featured more White experts and commentators named “Mike” than women, said David Shiffman, a conservationist at Arizona State University who was a co-author of the stud
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/12/06/wapo-dives-into-study-finding-that-shark-week-features-way-too-many-white-men-named-mike/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #381 on: December 11, 2022, 06:42:28 AM »
People who are criticizing the Griner exchange are racist Putin-lovers pic.twitter.com/sqg87nVr8a

— End Wokeness (@EndWokeness) December 11, 2022

Well now you know

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/12/10/james-carville-tells-jim-acosta-that-most-critics-of-bidens-griner-swap-are-racist-putin-lovers/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #382 on: December 19, 2022, 02:52:06 PM »
Apparently it's "cultural appropriation" when white actors cos play as extraterrestrial Smurfs.
Can't make this stuff up

At some point we gotta talk about the cultural appropriation of Avatar and white actors are cos playing as poc. It’s just a mess and so not necessary & no amount of visual effects/CGI is gonna erase that. Bad Lace fronts/Dry synthetic braids. Jesus fix it pic.twitter.com/VcNkSlvRTp

— Kathia Woods 🇧🇷 (@kathia_woods) December 18, 2022

Hot take: Avatar is guilty of ‘cultural appropriation’ for not casting POC as blue non-human aliens
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/12/19/hot-take-avatar-is-guilty-of-cultural-appropriation-for-not-casting-poc-as-blue-non-human-aliens/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #383 on: December 19, 2022, 03:13:57 PM »
Apparently it's "cultural appropriation" when white actors cos play as extraterrestrial Smurfs.
Can't make this stuff up

Hot take: Avatar is guilty of ‘cultural appropriation’ for not casting POC as blue non-human aliens
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/12/19/hot-take-avatar-is-guilty-of-cultural-appropriation-for-not-casting-poc-as-blue-non-human-aliens/

Serves Cameron right. I think I was reading the other day where he went on a rant about the poison that is testosterone.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #384 on: December 19, 2022, 03:21:04 PM »
Serves Cameron right. I think I was reading the other day where he went on a rant about the poison that is testosterone.

Apparently the Hollywood play book nowadays is insult and attack your audience and when they don't go see your movie insult and attack them some more.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #385 on: December 19, 2022, 03:39:47 PM »
Can't make this stuff up

What I remember from grammar school art class is that white is comprised all ALL the colors, whereas black is the absence  of any color. So, unless my grammar school teachers were lying to us, it would seem more logical for whites to play blue people than for blacks to play blue people.

And if black is the absence of color ... how are blacks "people of color"? Shouldn't blacks be "people of no color"?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #386 on: December 19, 2022, 03:55:41 PM »
Except that nobody is "white" and nobody is "black". We're all just different shades of brown, from very dark to very pale.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #387 on: December 19, 2022, 04:16:09 PM »
According to my crayon box as a kid I'm flesh colored.

- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #388 on: December 19, 2022, 04:50:35 PM »
According to my crayon box as a kid I'm flesh colored.

I thought that was called "peach"
"It's good, though..."

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 19, 2022, 04:56:36 PM »
I'm WAY whiter than that! I'm closer to albino these days. That's what happens when ya stay indoors.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #390 on: December 20, 2022, 10:15:48 AM »
Except that nobody is "white" and nobody is "black". We're all just different shades of brown, from very dark to very pale.
Brown is actually a dark yellow. Many people of European ancestry would be considered pink, making them light redskins. (Until they spend some time in the sun.) Albinos would be an extremely light shade of pink, and I don't think they tan very well.

I've seen angry Orientals turn kind of a funny shade of orange. (Time for a comment about a former POTUS?)

As for coloration of aliens and comic characters . . . blue, green, it's all racist of course. Like everything else.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #391 on: December 20, 2022, 10:28:24 AM »

I've seen angry Orientals turn kind of a funny shade of orange. (Time for a comment about a former POTUS?)

My ex would turn bright red if she drank any alcohol
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #392 on: December 20, 2022, 11:08:29 AM »
Can't make this stuff up

I have not seen the new movie, but I am pretty sure the native wife of the hero from the 1st movie is a black actress. 

That said, it is just a cartoon. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #393 on: December 20, 2022, 11:40:35 AM »
I have not seen the new movie, but I am pretty sure the native wife of the hero from the 1st movie is a black actress. 

That said, it is just a cartoon.

Shhh
Never interrupt your enemy while they're being stupid
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #394 on: December 20, 2022, 11:49:57 AM »
Blueface  :rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #395 on: December 20, 2022, 01:27:42 PM »

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #396 on: December 20, 2022, 07:12:39 PM »

In MY Corps, there's no black maggots, no white maggots - just GREEN maggots!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 20, 2022, 09:53:19 PM »
Now, all you light green maggots...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #398 on: December 26, 2022, 07:47:36 PM »
Apple watches

New York man filed a class-action lawsuit against Apple on Dec. 24, alleging that the Apple Watch's blood oximeter has a "racial bias" against individuals with darker skin tones.

The Blood Oxygen app is available on Apple Watch Series 6 and newer and can "measure the oxygen level of your blood on-demand directly from your wrist, providing you with insights into your overall wellness," Apple explains.

New York resident Alex Morales alleges that he purchased an Apple Watch between 2020 and 2021, and was aware that the watch "purported to measure blood oxygen levels and he believed it did this without regard to skin tone," according to the lawsuit, which was filed in the Southern District of New York.

Without knowing more my guess is in reality it's just harder to get an "accurate" reading with darker skin tone so racism!

Apple faces class-action lawsuit alleging 'racial bias' in watch's blood oximeter
https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/apple-faces-class-action-lawsuit-alleging-racial-bias-watchs-blood-oximeter
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #399 on: December 26, 2022, 08:18:01 PM »