Author Topic: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now  (Read 64050 times)

Tim L

• friend
    • TDLITWILLER
Re: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now
« Reply #400 on: December 28, 2022, 10:10:30 AM »
Apparently it's "cultural appropriation" when white actors cos play as extraterrestrial Smurfs.
Can't make this stuff up

Hot take: Avatar is guilty of ‘cultural appropriation’ for not casting POC as blue non-human aliens
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/12/19/hot-take-avatar-is-guilty-of-cultural-appropriation-for-not-casting-poc-as-blue-non-human-aliens/

It’s obvious, we need to bring back the Appalachian Blue people, they’re the only ones who could fit the part.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #401 on: December 28, 2022, 11:56:20 AM »
It’s obvious, we need to bring back the Appalachian Blue people, they’re the only ones who could fit the part.

That would work.  Time to start a campaign.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #402 on: December 28, 2022, 03:12:28 PM »

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #403 on: December 28, 2022, 03:45:40 PM »
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #404 on: December 28, 2022, 04:03:07 PM »
Washington Post discovers that there was slavery in the US

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2022/12/28/washington-post-discovers-that-there-was-slavery-in-the-us-n520326

I stumbled upon the existence of this series by running across a deeply reported investigation of the artwork in the Capitol. In a stunning revelation, the author  exposed that many of the artworks displayed at the capitol include depictions of slaveholders, or as she calls them “enslavers.”

The word “enslaver” shows up 98 times in the story, which must be some sort of record. This must be the new politically correct term for slaveholder.

"Enslaver," because the Left is obsessed with changing terminology. And in this case, inaccurately. The majority of US slave-holders purchased (or inherited)  already-enslaved people. Even if they got them fresh off the boat, the boat was usually coming from the West Indies, with a load of "seasoned" (previously enslaved) people. They certainly weren't (in most cases) going to Africa to slap chains on people. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #405 on: December 28, 2022, 05:14:15 PM »
I am not aware of any white slave traders capturing slaves in Africa, but I can't say it never happened. 

I haven't heard many talk about the slave trade going to the Ottoman Empire among other places. 

The Unspoken Truth About Slavery | Thomas Sowell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWj2zx3ZlRk

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #406 on: December 28, 2022, 05:18:50 PM »
I am not aware of any white slave traders capturing slaves in Africa, but I can't say it never happened. 

I haven't heard many talk about the slave trade going to the Ottoman Empire among other places. 

The Unspoken Truth About Slavery | Thomas Sowell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWj2zx3ZlRk

False. Slavery was invented by Christopher Columbus, and only white people have ever enslaved anyone. Famous enslavers include Abraham Lincoln, William Lloyd Garrison, Sarah Grimke, William Wilberforce, Elijah Lovejoy, Clarence Thomas, and Mitt Romney.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #407 on: December 28, 2022, 05:21:15 PM »
False. Slavery was invented by Christopher Columbus, and only white people have ever enslaved anyone. Famous enslavers include Abraham Lincoln, William Lloyd Garrison, Sarah Grimke, William Wilberforce, Elijah Lovejoy, Clarence Thomas, and Mitt Romney.

You left out the worst enslaver in history, Donald Trump
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #408 on: December 28, 2022, 05:26:09 PM »
You left out the worst enslaver in history, Donald Trump

Not quite. He tried to use the January 6th Coup Insurrection Human Sacrifice and Puppy Barbecue to take over the United States, and reinstitute slavery. But he was stopped in his tracks by the Squad, and other brave people who stood up to him that day, like Nancy Pelosi, Adam Kinzinger, Liz Cheney, and Greta Thunberg.  R.I.P., AOC

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #409 on: December 28, 2022, 06:08:30 PM »
Not quite. He tried to use the January 6th Coup Insurrection Human Sacrifice and Puppy Barbecue to take over the United States, and reinstitute slavery. But he was stopped in his tracks by the Squad, and other brave people who stood up to him that day, like Nancy Pelosi, Adam Kinzinger, Liz Cheney, and Greta Thunberg.  R.I.P., AOC

Although obviously in jest, how did you type that without throwing up?  (I'm impressed, even if you reply "How do you know I didn't")   [barf]
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #410 on: December 28, 2022, 06:53:31 PM »
Although obviously in jest, how did you type that without throwing up?  (I'm impressed, even if you reply "How do you know I didn't")   [barf]

When I think I can't possibly go on, I just reflect on that famous and moving image of AOC dying on the cross for our sins, on January 6th.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #411 on: December 29, 2022, 03:11:12 PM »
The latest thing that's racist?

Exercise!

So it's perfectly OK for you fat white *expletive deleted*s to be fat! As long as you don't exercise, you're down with the struggle!

https://www.foxnews.com/media/twitter-flames-time-article-calling-exercise-racist-goofy-consider-satire?fbclid=IwAR1YkjZUE8J07DAoMsqyrs14oeeCTXB4OCl0u9eRbw8vQqfZ9_IB1nzx-hk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #412 on: December 29, 2022, 03:15:27 PM »
When I think I can't possibly go on, I just reflect on that famous and moving image of AOC dying on the cross Hammer and Sickle for our sins, on January 6th.

FIFY
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #413 on: December 30, 2022, 10:16:29 AM »
"However" and "Therefore" are white supremacy, says white High School teacher.

https://youtu.be/skc0IAueeaE
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #414 on: December 30, 2022, 11:25:16 AM »
"However" and "Therefore" are white supremacy, says white High School teacher.

https://youtu.be/skc0IAueeaE
I guess some leftists are going to say anything that isn't inner city or teenage slang is racist. 

I recall the stories about how the communist revolutions killed all the educated people.  They were obviously racist. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #415 on: December 31, 2022, 06:40:10 PM »
Calling a Poinsettia a Poinsettia

You can't make this *expletive deleted*it up

Vox video explains in detail ‘why the story of the poinsettia is a troubling one’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/12/31/vox-video-explains-in-detail-why-the-story-of-the-poinsettia-is-a-troubling-one/
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #416 on: January 02, 2023, 05:51:46 PM »
Calling a Poinsettia a Poinsettia

You can't make this *expletive deleted*it up

Vox video explains in detail ‘why the story of the poinsettia is a troubling one’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/12/31/vox-video-explains-in-detail-why-the-story-of-the-poinsettia-is-a-troubling-one/

That female narrator looks like she has a giant bugger hanging from her nose.  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #417 on: January 03, 2023, 03:13:38 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #418 on: January 03, 2023, 05:15:43 PM »
First comment:   =D
How many white people did you eat?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #419 on: January 05, 2023, 10:45:25 AM »
Apparently a white person using a hair product made by a black owned business and despite it saying it's for all hair types is stealing.

Don't buy products made by a black owned company: Racism
Buy products made by a black owned company: Racism.

You can't make this stuff up.

Beauty influencer is accused of racism for using hair oil 'made for black women' and is forced to delete video
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11600679/Influencer-accused-racism-using-black-hair-oil-trending-online.html
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 03:19:01 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #420 on: January 05, 2023, 10:54:56 AM »
^^^

While I'm lucky enough to be in a cancel-proof position, I still don't know why more people don't just say "*expletive deleted*ck off" to these bozos instead of kowtowing to them.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #421 on: January 05, 2023, 12:06:26 PM »
^^^

While I'm lucky enough to be in a cancel-proof position, I still don't know why more people don't just say "*expletive deleted*ck off" to these bozos instead of kowtowing to them.

I think that is the biggest problem.  The woman should have just said that recommending this product helps a black owned business and if they only wanted black people to use it, they wouldn't have made it good for "all hair types".  Add in that they will continue to support black owned businesses (or POC owned) that make good products.  I am sure there is a way to say it to fit her audience.  More than likely, few if any of these angry people represent the actual audience for her videos.

That said, I have heard these influencers that have a decent size following can pull in some really huge sums for advertising or highlighting products.  I imagine someone not expecting a controversy can panic for fear of bad press destroying their income.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #422 on: January 08, 2023, 08:46:19 AM »
Football
Scientific American used to be a highly respected magazine now it's just a joke. They should rename themselves to Woke American

Damar Hamlin’s Collapse Highlights the Violence Black Men Experience in Football
The “terrifyingly ordinary” nature of football’s violence disproportionately affects Black men
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/damar-hamlins-collapse-highlights-the-violence-black-men-experience-in-football/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1673036232

Love this poll someone put up
No matter how you answer it's racist

https://twitter.com/monitoringbias/status/1611529876040814594

Everything Is Racist Episode 5,723: The ‘violence’ of football is racist
https://twitchy.com/fuzzychimp-313137/2023/01/07/everything-is-racist-episode-5723-the-violence-of-football-is-racist/
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #423 on: January 08, 2023, 10:00:27 AM »
Football
Scientific American used to be a highly respected magazine now it's just a joke. They should rename themselves to Woke American

Damar Hamlin’s Collapse Highlights the Violence Black Men Experience in Football
The “terrifyingly ordinary” nature of football’s violence disproportionately affects Black men
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/damar-hamlins-collapse-highlights-the-violence-black-men-experience-in-football/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1673036232

Love this poll someone put up
No matter how you answer it's racist

https://twitter.com/monitoringbias/status/1611529876040814594

Everything Is Racist Episode 5,723: The ‘violence’ of football is racist
https://twitchy.com/fuzzychimp-313137/2023/01/07/everything-is-racist-episode-5723-the-violence-of-football-is-racist/
And I suppose the spectacle of (mostly) black men competing in an athletic contest in front of a largely white audience means the NBA is racist as well.

Of course the success of Venus and Serena Williams means tennis - watched by a lot of white people - is also racist.

And don't even get me started about white fans of Tiger Woods.

As for Scientific American . . .I used to read it regularly, but sometime after college I noticed it had gotten political with a distinct left turn so I dropped it.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

griz

• friend
« Reply #424 on: January 08, 2023, 11:25:58 AM »
Ironically, several years ago I decided football was racist because of the BLM aspect so I quit watching it.  I may be guilty of being super double racist because I think what is essentially a mandatory protest is too woke for me, I don't know what those rules are.  Maybe the rules say I should watch it anyway but feel guilty that I am exploiting the players that only earn a paltry few million a year and have to work weekends. 
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.