Author Topic: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now  (Read 63313 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now
« Reply #450 on: February 05, 2023, 11:31:40 AM »
And where do stereotypes come from?

Experience.
I like all three . . . I also like ribs.

I promise not to culturally appropriate chitlins, ham hocks, pigs feet, collard greens, hog jowl, or okra.

I'll take the ham hocks and okra.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #451 on: February 05, 2023, 12:06:57 PM »
One of my better practical jokes at work was, when I first heard of spotted dick, buying a six pack on Amazon and placing the cans in the coffee mess. It got some good laughs for a couple of weeks.  :laugh:
There was a "secret santa" gift exchange at work as part of the Christmas party . . . need I say more?  :rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #452 on: February 05, 2023, 03:00:18 PM »
Get your Nappy Meal today:

https://youtu.be/nqQTLgo_idc

(Dave Chapelle not included)

The nappy meal looks awesome.  I would so buy that.
"It's good, though..."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #453 on: February 05, 2023, 05:29:20 PM »
I promise not to culturally appropriate chitlins, ham hocks, pigs feet, collard greens, hog jowl, or okra.

I like collard greens and okra.  We have both quite often.  I'd be willing to try the rest.
And I don't give a rat's heinie if it's cultural appropriation.  No one would have anything at all if we didn't culturally appropriate stuff.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

SAK

« Reply #454 on: February 05, 2023, 11:16:48 PM »
Infographic :D

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #455 on: February 06, 2023, 07:08:01 PM »

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Screw 'em.  I'll live my life as I see appropriate.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #456 on: February 06, 2023, 10:38:06 PM »
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Screw 'em.  I'll live my life as I see appropriate.

Agreed !!  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #457 on: February 09, 2023, 12:28:14 PM »
Yelling at a white Dem president because 1960s white segregationists yelled.  But only if you're white of course.

Sherrilyn Ifill presents proof that 1960s segregationists’ spirits live on in Marjorie Taylor Greene
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2023/02/09/sherrilyn-ifill-presents-proof-that-1960s-segregationists-spirits-live-on-in-marjorie-taylor-greene/
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 12:52:47 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #458 on: February 09, 2023, 01:18:30 PM »
Marjorie Taylor Greene

I thought she looked like the "woman yelling at cat" meme  :laugh:
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #459 on: February 09, 2023, 01:29:58 PM »
I thought she looked like the "woman yelling at cat" meme  :laugh:

I was thinking that she finally caught the cat and turned it into a stole.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #460 on: February 09, 2023, 02:00:38 PM »
I was thinking that she finally caught the cat and turned it into a stole.

Aww - c'mon now!
You're making her sound like Cruella DeVille !!
  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #461 on: February 14, 2023, 11:38:15 AM »
"Woke" = the n-word

So reporters.. for many people "woke" means Black people. Or more likely–a racist slur. So maybe do a better job in interviews when people talk about 'wokeness' mmkay? pic.twitter.com/cA94MQWpdM

— Soledad O'Brien (@soledadobrien) February 13, 2023

Yeah I've discovered that some people use it as a synonym for the n-word.

— Soledad O'Brien (@soledadobrien) February 13, 2023
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/02/14/soledad-obrien-takes-race-hustling-to-new-level-of-stupid-claiming-woke-is-a-racist-slur-and-woof/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #462 on: February 14, 2023, 12:08:55 PM »
EVERYTHING that becomes an insult or criticism of leftists soon gets labeled as racist.  Leftists cannot take criticism of any kind.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #463 on: February 14, 2023, 12:53:52 PM »
"Woke" = the n-word
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/02/14/soledad-obrien-takes-race-hustling-to-new-level-of-stupid-claiming-woke-is-a-racist-slur-and-woof/

They tried this same exact thing a while back, and no one cared. Everyone knows woke folks are white folks. Mainly.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #464 on: February 14, 2023, 03:44:34 PM »
They tried this same exact thing a while back, and no one cared. Everyone knows woke folks are white folks. Mainly.

That is because only certain "white people" can be made to feel guilt for something they did not do, something that they were never involved in, and the same could be said for most or all of their ancestors.  :facepalm:  [barf]

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #465 on: February 15, 2023, 02:01:41 PM »
Nikki Haley

Nikki Haley spends the first 1:00 selling the idea that America *isn’t* a racist country anymore.

Kind of a weird take from someone who refuses to use her actual first name, “Nimrata,” because it’s too brown-person-sounding.

🧐 pic.twitter.com/owvgM4i9pi

— Jamie O’Grady (@JamieOGrady) February 14, 2023

Never mind the fact her father called her Nikki

Politico deserves to be dragged over pathetic and racist hit piece on Nikki Haley
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2023/02/15/politico-deserves-to-be-dragged-over-pathetic-and-racist-hit-piece-on-nikki-haley/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #466 on: February 15, 2023, 02:44:49 PM »
Nikki Haley

Never mind the fact her father called her Nikki

Politico deserves to be dragged over pathetic and racist hit piece on Nikki Haley
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2023/02/15/politico-deserves-to-be-dragged-over-pathetic-and-racist-hit-piece-on-nikki-haley/

It was a silly take, anyway. Someone uses a nickname, and that's supposed to show racism? Really? Explain "Beto" O'Rourke, please. Better yet, explain Richard Anthony "Cheech" Marin. Hmmm?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #467 on: February 18, 2023, 04:02:50 PM »
Lynching is a white family tradition..... or something

Biden on lynching: "White families gathered to celebrate the spectacle, taking pictures of the bodies … Some people still want to do that" pic.twitter.com/oNY0x9UKcv

— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) February 17, 2023
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/02/17/just-when-you-think-biden-cant-say-anything-dumber-he-makes-gross-claim-about-lynching-watch/

More

The term picnic is often associated with lynchings of Black people in the United States, during which white spectators were said to have watched while eating, referring to them as picnics or other terms involving racial slurs against Black people.

President Biden’s comments on lynchings remind us why universities banned the word ‘picnic’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/02/18/president-bidens-comments-on-lynchings-remind-us-why-universities-banned-the-word-picnic/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #468 on: February 18, 2023, 07:30:49 PM »
Please not the "pick a ni**er" silliness again...  ;/  I thought that went out with old story about the sharks still following the slave ships.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #469 on: February 18, 2023, 08:10:48 PM »
This seems pretty racist.

https://youtu.be/kRU_-IRzYSY

HankB

• friend
« Reply #470 on: February 19, 2023, 08:33:40 AM »
There's an Oscar-nominated movie out with a title that answers this thread about what's racist/white supremacy: Everything Everywhere All At Once.

That's just the title, the movie itself actually has nothing to do with this thread . . . but what utterly asinine garbage it is. I struggled to keep watching it, but finally gave up in disgust when the characters had to shove objects up their nethermost regions in order to access some less-likely parallel universe.

Oscar nominee for Best Picture . . .  :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #471 on: February 19, 2023, 08:40:12 AM »
There's an Oscar-nominated movie out with a title that answers this thread about what's racist/white supremacy: Everything Everywhere All At Once.

That's just the title, the movie itself actually has nothing to do with this thread . . . but what utterly asinine garbage it is. I struggled to keep watching it, but finally gave up in disgust when the characters had to shove objects up their nethermost regions in order to access some less-likely parallel universe.

Oscar nominee for Best Picture . . .  :facepalm:

I wish you hadn't mentioned the title.  Some of us nuts are just too curious for our own good.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #472 on: February 20, 2023, 08:13:50 AM »
I wish you hadn't mentioned the title.  Some of us nuts are just too curious for our own good.
The part I enjoyed most about that movie was turning it off early rather than suffering all the way through it.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #473 on: February 20, 2023, 06:39:55 PM »
Taxes

A recent study by the Tax Policy Center, for example, found that Black couples on average face higher tax costs associated with marriage than White couples. It is part of a growing body of research that shows the tax code can create or reinforce economic disparities between Black households and White households.

The TPC study comes after the US Treasury released details on how to impute race and ethnicity on to tax data — an effort made in response to an executive order from President Joe Biden directing government agencies to better measure and advance racial equity.

However, there is “no easy solution to the racial disparities in the tax treatment of marriage in a tax code that doesn’t explicitly refer to race,” the TPC authors noted in a blog post.

Wondering how they "impute" race and ethnicity on to tax data

Black couples pay a higher tax penalty for marriage than White couples. Here’s why
https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/20/success/taxes-racial-inequity-married-couples/index.html
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 08:08:41 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #474 on: February 20, 2023, 08:49:28 PM »
So reading that link, there is no actual penalty.  It is only a result of the average family income and size and the actual tax codes have no racial component.  I would be curious if by the raw numbers of black/white families show more actual white families are affected, but as a percentage it skews toward black families. 

It seems to me that the tax code could get really screwed up if they started chasing these statistics with the tax code.  I guess that is probably the point. 

The best solution is to just ban the income tax and eliminate the 16th amendment. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge