Author Topic: BLM Finances  (Read 5349 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: BLM Finances
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2021, 11:19:12 AM »
Maybe BLM activists should identify as white and infiltrate that huge white supremacist movement they're always on about . . . .

They would have to stop judging people by the color of their skin and I'm not sure they're capable of doing that.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2023, 12:15:44 PM »
Oh No! They may have to sell a mansion or two

BLM Global Network reported just $9.3 million in contributions for its fiscal year ending in June 2022, the Washington Free Beacon reported. The amount identified in the state filings is a $67 million decrease from the $77 million the nonprofit pulled in during its previous fiscal year.

Well I guess it must be time to go on another loot and burn extortion spree

Black Lives Matter donations drastically plummeted by nearly $70 million
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/black-lives-matter-donations-drastically-plummeted-by-nearly-70-million
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2023, 01:06:57 PM »
Oh No! They may have to sell a mansion or two

Well I guess it must be time to go on another loot and burn extortion spree

Black Lives Matter donations drastically plummeted by nearly $70 million
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/black-lives-matter-donations-drastically-plummeted-by-nearly-70-million

I guess Soros forget to send them a check.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2023, 01:15:33 PM »
I guess Soros forget to send them a check.

According to some now criticizing Soros makes you a anti-Semitic nazi
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2023, 01:59:06 PM »
According to some now criticizing Soros makes you a anti-Semitic nazi

These days, that's almost a badge of honor.
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2023, 02:03:20 PM »
These days, that's almost a badge of honor.

Oh you must be one of those extreme far right radicals who think parents have a right to have any say in whether or not someone can cut off their 5 year old child's naughty parts
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 02:24:49 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2023, 02:35:03 PM »
Oh you must be one of those extreme far right radicals who think parents have a right to have any say in whether or not someone can cut off their 5 year old child's naughty parts

Even worse: I'm one of those ultra-extreme right radicals who thinks nobody should be cutting off a 5 year old child's naughty parts.
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2023, 02:36:01 PM »
Even worse: I'm one of those ultra-extreme right radicals who thinks nobody should be cutting off a 5 year old child's naughty parts.

You've gone Full MAGA!
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2023, 09:43:19 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2023, 09:48:10 PM »
 BLM recorded $9M deficit in 2022 — but still paid millions to execs: tax docs
https://nypost.com/2023/05/24/blm-recorded-9m-deficit-last-year-tax-docs/

In the comments

"Every great cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket."  -- Eric Hoffer

In this case they started out as a racket
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2023, 11:14:10 PM »
Send NFAC to immediately march on Wall St. to collect what is rightfully theirs.  [popcorn]
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2023, 11:27:15 PM »
Send NFAC to immediately march on Wall St. to collect what is rightfully theirs.  [popcorn]

Probably just shoot themselves again
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2023, 11:28:28 PM »
Probably just shoot themselves again

Not seeing a down side there.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2023, 12:26:03 AM »
I still keep a sharpie handy just in case.

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2023, 10:36:09 PM »
Unless I missed it doesn't say how much she was paid if anything

BLM co-founder Patrisse Cullors is quietly dumped from Warner Bros after her multi-platform TV deal to create original shows telling black stories produced ZERO content after two years
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12130191/BLM-founder-quietly-dumped-Warner-Bros-produced-ZERO-content-two-years.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2023, 02:35:33 PM »
More BLM money news

33% is actually better than many big name charities

Just 33% of the $90 MILLION that Black Lives Matter received in donations went towards helping charitable causes - as shock report reveals co-founder's graffiti-artist brother was paid over $1.7M
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12131281/Only-33-BLMs-90M-donations-helped-charitable-foundations.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2023, 06:22:15 PM »
Follow the money

Funded "defund and abolish the police" groups including BLM while at the same time was investing in security service companies.

EBay billionaire who supported defund the police movement poised to cash in on private security investments
https://www.foxnews.com/media/ebay-billionaire-supported-defund-police-movement-poised-cash-private-security-investments
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2024, 08:24:22 PM »
Mor Money

The city of Seattle has agreed to pay $10 million to 50 Black Lives Matter protesters who sued the police department for claiming they used excessive force during the riots in 2020, in a settlement announced by attorneys from both sides on Wednesday.

"This decision was the best financial decision for the City considering risk, cost, and insurance," said City Attorney Davison. "The case has been a significant drain on the time and resources of the City and would have continued to be so through an estimated three-month trial that was scheduled to begin in May."

"Insurance"

Paying both sides but BLM got way more

In February, the city of Seattle agreed to pay $3.6 million to settle a lawsuit filed by more than a dozen business owners and residents whose properties faced significant damages at the hands of protesters.

Seattle agrees to pay BLM protesters $10 million in lawsuit stemming from 2020 riots
https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-agrees-pay-blm-protesters-million-lawsuit-stemming-2020-riots
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 08:50:02 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

griz

• friend
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2024, 11:08:26 PM »
So, everybody wins?!?!?!  Well, except the taxpayers.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2024, 11:21:37 PM »
So, everybody wins?!?!?!  Well, except the taxpayers.
Didn't the taxpayers vote in the current politicians? Won't they probably vote the same people in again?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2024, 10:49:35 AM »
Didn't the taxpayers vote in the current politicians? Won't they probably vote the same people in again?

Getting what they voted for, good and hard.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

griz

• friend
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2024, 11:52:48 AM »

True enough.  I guess we're doomed unless we can convince more than 50 percent of the voters that "government money" isn't created out of thin air. 
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2024, 11:57:56 AM »
True enough.  I guess we're doomed unless we can convince more than 50 percent of the voters that "government money" isn't created out of thin air.

That and electricity for EVs, elec stoves, furnaces, etc....
- Calvin and Hobbes