Main Forums > The Mess Hall

Just ordered a vegetable spiralizer...

<< < (2/3) > >>

K Frame:
As I said, I eat a lot of pasta during the week because it's quick and easy to make, so substituting zoodles for the actual pasta will be a good move, I think.

As for spaghetti squash as a pasta substitute, I love it like that, especially with an olive oil lemon dressing instead of red sauce.

K Frame:
Spiraled zucchini last night as the test run.

Browned some ground turkey in a pan, then threw in the zucchini and sauteed it until it was almost done, then added some marinara sauce and some extra spices. By the time the marinara was heated through the zucchinu was perfectly done.

Plate up, add a mozzarella parm cheese blend, and eat. Damned good dinner.

Kingcreek:
My wife does spiral cut sweet potato oven fries. Quite good with burgers.

K Frame:
I have REALLY taken to spiralized zucchini. As in REALLY taken to it to the point were I'm in the process of largely eliminating pasta from my weeknight dinner routine.

RocketMan:

--- Quote from: K Frame on April 23, 2021, 09:38:15 AM ---I have REALLY taken to spiralized zucchini. As in REALLY taken to it to the point were I'm in the process of largely eliminating pasta from my weeknight dinner routine.
--- End quote ---

SWMBO and I pretty much did the same thing.  That zucchini is good stuff when it's shredded that way.  Makes a fine pasta substitute.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version