Author Topic: Oregon Gun Storage Laws  (Read 750 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Oregon Gun Storage Laws
« on: April 21, 2021, 08:56:24 AM »
Apparently Oregon is looking at passing one of the strictest gun storage laws in the country. They are also looking at allowing localities to decide where in public CCW holders can carry a gun. Republicans that voted against the bill got threats for doing so.

As someone who enters Oregon regularly with a non-resident carry permit, I really look forward to having to figure out what buildings I can and can't enter with a firearm. I would normally say that I wouldn't worry about it in Eastern Oregon, but with all the pot shops, Ontario seems to be getting liberal. Not to mention that once again, Portland looks to be forcing their will on the entire state.

https://idahonews.com/news/local/oregon-gun-storage-law-would-be-among-the-toughest-in-the-us-04-20-2021
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Oregon Gun Storage Laws
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 10:14:31 AM »
I still think Oregon and other lefty states will eventually repeal CCW.  Oregon certainly has the political power in their legislature to do it.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

PEfarmer

• friends
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 02:30:09 PM »
Interestingly, the threats were purportedly from "conservatives" and were in response to the rep. legislators not walking out to deny quorum, as has been successfully used in recent years.  While I haven't threatened anyone, I have reached out to my legislators letting them know that I very actively support a walkout, since that's the only option we have of slowing this crazy train down.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 02:41:05 PM »
Interestingly, the threats were purportedly from "conservatives" and were in response to the rep. legislators not walking out to deny quorum, as has been successfully used in recent years.  While I haven't threatened anyone, I have reached out to my legislators letting them know that I very actively support a walkout, since that's the only option we have of slowing this crazy train down.

That puts a different twist on the threats. Have the walkouts stopped anything at this point? I remember reading about them for some other thing maybe a couple of years ago? Only because several of the legislators were apparently laying low in Idaho. I don't recall if that walkout only postponed or actually put the kibosh on whatever it was (something environmental I think).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 02:48:18 PM »
They are also looking at allowing localities to decide where in public CCW holders can carry a gun.

Like anywhere near a racial "justice" riot?  ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2021, 03:16:44 PM »
That puts a different twist on the threats. Have the walkouts stopped anything at this point? I remember reading about them for some other thing maybe a couple of years ago? Only because several of the legislators were apparently laying low in Idaho. I don't recall if that walkout only postponed or actually put the kibosh on whatever it was (something environmental I think).

I remember a few years ago a group of Texas legislators holed-up in Oklahoma, so they would be out of reach of the Texas Rangers sent to bring them back, to prevent a quorum on some controversial vote.  Don't remember what it was or out it turned out.  (heading off to duckduckgo now to see if I can find it...)
"It's good, though..."

PEfarmer

• friends
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2021, 03:24:18 PM »

Like anywhere near a racial "justice" riot?  ;/

Yes.  They stopped cap and trade two years in a row, and last year stopped this storage bill and a BS vaccination law as well.

Edit:  Whoops.  Meant to quote Ben, not FF.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2021, 11:01:13 AM »
I remember a few years ago a group of Texas legislators holed-up in Oklahoma, so they would be out of reach of the Texas Rangers sent to bring them back, to prevent a quorum on some controversial vote.  Don't remember what it was or out it turned out.  (heading off to duckduckgo now to see if I can find it...)
If I remember right, it was a redistricting bill after the census.  The R's had a firm majority and the D's had no chance of stopping it other than not being there.  They just delayed things.  It still passed eventually.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge