Author Topic: K Frame is ahead of the curve on wood pellets  (Read 445 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: K Frame is ahead of the curve on wood pellets
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 09:38:57 AM »
I was expecting a thread about revolvers.  I wasn't sure why you wanted to load wood pellets in a revolver, but none of my business. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 09:44:59 AM »
I was expecting a thread about revolvers.  I wasn't sure why you wanted to load wood pellets in a revolver, but none of my business.

Vampires
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 09:52:32 AM »

And I thought K Frame had cornered the market on wood pellet futures. 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 10:14:55 AM »
Yeah, there have been a couple of stories like that the last few months I've seen. I'll continue to burn my wood pellets, thank you.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 10:36:37 AM »
I wish my house was laid out in a way that would make a pellet stove sensible. Unfortunately, the fireplace is in the living room and the thermostat is in the hallway directly adjacent to a double-wide opening (with no door) from the hall to the living room. It's a one-story ranch so, if I were to fire up a wood stove, the heat wouldn't get to the bedrooms and bathrooms, but it would prevent the thermostat from firing up the boiler.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2021, 01:15:21 AM »
Nothing against pellet stoves per se, but I love my solid wood burning stove.  It’s an EPA 2020 compliant stove (a Blaze King Ashford 30.2 if you care).  I’ve got a stack of split wood well over 10’ high and probably over 20’ across just from cleaning up my property.  And that’s not counting the 6+ cords I gave to friends, or the 30-40 cords I sold on Craigslist over the last 10 years.  Or the likely 10 cords that rotted before I could get to them over that 10 years.  Or the god only knows how many cords of logs still laying where they fell last summer. 

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2021, 06:58:08 AM »
There are things I like about pellet stoves, there are things I don't like about pellet stoves.

I like their flexible nature in that I can push a button to turn them on or off. With a wood or coal stove, once you light it you're pretty much stuck with it until it burns out. I also like how clean they are. A typical bag of pellets (40 pounds) leaves you with about a cup of ash. And you don't have to worry nearly as much about the creosoting problems you can get with a wood stove. The fuel is also easier to deal with. No cutting, splitting, stacking, etc. They're also fill and forget. As long as there are pellets in the hopper, you can walk away from them. Depending on the hopper size, you can walk away from them for as long as 3 days depending on the setting.

I don't like the fact that they don't really give you a wood fire appearance. I'ts more of a blow torch look due to the forced draft.

I'd love to have an actual fireplace because nothing beats the ambiance of a wood fire. But, I don't have a fireplace, I don't have a chimney, and I don't have any room to actually stack wood. Your wood pile is larger than my backyard.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.