Author Topic: It's just a game.  (Read 575 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
It's just a game.
« on: April 26, 2021, 12:19:38 AM »
Last monday, a friend of mine here was targeted by some youts. He actually isn't sure if it was one or more than one. He was walking from his car to his house, and the next thing he knew, he was... sort of staggering from his car to his house.... Only a lot more bruised. Nothing was missing. His friend was upset when I told him that it likely wasn't bashing, but more likely a Knockout Game/Polar Bear Hunting attack. My friend is a small, white haired man, and would be seen as an easy target. I told them about Erin's Operation Blazing Sword and Pink Pistols. I think my buddy is starting to come around, but his friend is still sort of still "liberal."
Blog under construction

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: It's just a game.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 07:02:46 AM »
Glad your friend is going to be okay.  Sounds like a situation where situational awareness was key.  A weapon wouldn't have mattered if he was blindsided.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 08:49:51 AM »
Yeah, glad he is okay.  The video I have seen shows that stuff is pretty serious. 

If you just turn and face them I wonder if they would still attack?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 09:29:03 AM »
No, they would be indignant.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 09:46:48 AM »
Yeah, glad he is okay.  The video I have seen shows that stuff is pretty serious. 

I have been blessed with being a big guy who at least looks like he's somewhat in shape and condition yellow. Not that a trained little guy couldn't knock me out, but I think I have on more than one occasion escaped potential problems because of my size, and while not antagonizing, also not looking meek. More of a, "There are easier targets" guy.

As I get older, I'm starting to wonder how long I can still pull this off, and I probably need to start looking at other "tactics" that won't involve me having to put up or shut up.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 10:23:00 AM »
I have been blessed with being a big guy who at least looks like he's somewhat in shape and condition yellow. Not that a trained little guy couldn't knock me out, but I think I have on more than one occasion escaped potential problems because of my size, and while not antagonizing, also not looking meek. More of a, "There are easier targets" guy.

As I get older, I'm starting to wonder how long I can still pull this off, and I probably need to start looking at other "tactics" that won't involve me having to put up or shut up.

Yep, I've managed to stay the same weight but not have anywhere near the muscle mass I used to have.

I don't see the same guy in the mirror anymore.

The aches and pains, seeing the health and vigor of  my friends decline as we age and feeling it "in my bones" has been a wake up call.

I've been back on the bike, back on the low carb, higher protein and fat way of eating. The one thing I'm procrastinating on is getting back to the weight lifting.   

Getting out of condition white has always been a problem for me, frequently I get totally lost in thought while going through daily routine stuff.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 11:12:19 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.