Author Topic: CHOP at 10,000' in Colorado  (Read 11808 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: CHOP at 10,000' in Colorado
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2021, 11:52:02 PM »
If they're smart, they'll set up a Woke Resort.

But they probably won't go there.
Blog under construction

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2021, 10:28:03 AM »
Just noticed:

Black Hammer Organization
Barack Hussein Obama

I wonder if it's coincidental or not.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2021, 11:11:04 AM »

Yea, rich soil my ass. I'm going to guess that is probably Entisols and Aridisols soils at that elevation and in the picture, low in organic matter and high in alkali. Too much water and it will salinate and become toxic for most plants.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2021, 11:18:54 AM »

Yea, rich soil my ass. I'm going to guess that is probably Entisols and Aridisols soils at that elevation and in the picture, low in organic matter and high in alkali. Too much water and it will salinate and become toxic for most plants.

They're going to fix all that by loading it up with *expletive deleted*it fertilizer.

I wish we could figure out where this is located. They're talking about plains and grass and buffalo, but the photos I've seen show hilly/mountainous terrain with an arroyo, and the kind of rocky "soil" that's typical of mountain desert terrain. There's no way they're going to farm what I saw in those photos.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2021, 11:24:05 AM »
Just noticed:

Black Hammer Organization
Barack Hussein Obama

I wonder if it's coincidental or not.

Well ... They're gonna need a president, aren't they?

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2021, 11:28:19 AM »
In the same way that it's difficult to drive past a bad car wreck without looking, I read the entire constitution.  They don't seem to use the conventional definitions for the words State, Nation, and Continent (unless they are literally claiming control over North America) so it's kind of hard to understand the structure.  Basically they seem to be saying that capitalism is the evil tool that white people use to take over the world, and they're going to take over and do a better job.  OK, we'll see how that goes.  By the way, since BHO claims everything, money will no longer be needed, except for external transactions.  I think that means that donations, apparently  their sole source of income, is to be spent by the leaders.  Hmmm, that sounds familiar.

They're supposed to ratify this on September 15th.  I'm curious how they're going to deal with border security.

That's not a constitution, it's a manifesto.

It's also incoherent.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2021, 11:29:11 AM »

Cut grass might grow there. It grows on sand dunes near the ocean. And yes, it'll cut you.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2021, 11:38:57 AM »
Biden will soon be announcing aid to small N. American country
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2021, 11:39:21 AM »

To be fair, they just saw the trees and figured if a big tree will grow there than surely (don't call me surely) tomatoes and oranges and bananas will grow there.

One part of the natural area on my place is the Bram Silt Loam Alkali, and it looks similar to the photo. Albeit I'm over 7000 feet lower, but other than the conifers, it looks similar and I do get that "white layer" on parts of it from the salinity. Mountain desert is not easy.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2021, 11:42:04 AM »

He's a city boy.  Don't have a clue what he's looking at.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2021, 11:42:32 AM »
Biden will soon be announcing aid to small oppressed N. American country

I actually wouldn't be surprised if one of the squad or somebody ended up funneling money to them.

Though they seem even too commie for AOC. When I read the "constitution" I got the distinct impression it was a manual for how the residents would provide labor and stuff to the ruling council of "chiefs".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2021, 11:43:40 AM »
Is it too much to hope for that scratching out subsistence living in a hostile area will give them new appreciation for the value of hard work?  And for the ones that do work, the value of that individual labor?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2021, 11:45:43 AM »
Is it too much to hope for that scratching out subsistence living in a hostile area will give them new appreciation for the value of hard work?  And for the ones that do work, the value of that individual labor?

Nowadays yes. I honestly think they're too far gone by this point. They only see things in terms of race and class warfare.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2021, 11:47:55 AM »
That terrain looks a whole lot like the desert regions of Oregon and Washington.  Unless they have a handy Bonneville Power Administration/US Corps of Engineers to bring enough water and power to make the desert bloom, good luck.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2021, 11:53:46 AM »
Maybe they should have asked themselves why is this land so cheap and why does no one and hardly anything live there?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2021, 11:56:51 AM »
When I read the "constitution" I got the distinct impression it was a manual for how the residents would provide labor and stuff to the ruling council of "chiefs".

"The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again: but already it was impossible to say which was which."
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2021, 11:57:00 AM »
Leadville Colorado is at 10,000 ft. Pretty much grazing is about the best/only way to grow food, but you'll have to supplement with winter hay. 200 acres is probably enough pasture for 5 cattle at most without destroying the natural forage.

If they were really serious about building a utopia, they would be better off buying a few hundred acres in SE IA, W IL or NE MO. Plenty of water, Mollisol and Alfisol soils, enough cold days for a lot fruit tree production, long enough growing season for most vegetables. Yes a few hundred acres are going to cost $500,000k or more, but you could become 100% self sustaining in a few a years.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2021, 11:58:31 AM »
Maybe they should have asked themselves why is this land so cheap and why does no one and hardly anything live there?

You know, if they would have allowed white people in, they could have found a Mother Earth News reading hippie to give them some decent advice.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2021, 11:59:34 AM »
"The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again: but already it was impossible to say which was which."

I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2021, 12:01:15 PM »
Leadville Colorado is at 10,000 ft.

Is that where they are? Larry Ashcroft or somebody else in CO can jump in, but I have an old friend who built a house there after she got out of the service. I haven't talked to her in a while, but I got the impression that the Leadville area was attracting rich white liberals. I would expect land there to be pretty expensive. Her place has similar terrain to your photo.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2021, 12:04:05 PM »
Nowadays yes. I honestly think they're too far gone by this point. They only see things in terms of race and class warfare.

Agreed.  I mean, the constitution literally says:
Colonialism is responsible for ALL of the misery and contradictions we as Colonized people face.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2021, 12:06:27 PM »
Is that where they are? Larry Ashcroft or somebody else in CO can jump in, but I have an old friend who built a house there after she got out of the service. I haven't talked to her in a while, but I got the impression the Leadville area was attracting rich white liberals. I would expect land there to be pretty expensive. Her place has similar terrain to your photo.

I was just giving a reference of what is 10k in Colorado. I hunted Elk in 2016 south of Leadville, and the CHOP area can't be there because land goes pretty high there because of the views of the mountains and proximity to towns of "size".  A little google fu says that this land is in southern Colorado, so even more drier than Leadville area.

I'm guessing that it is in a pisshole part of Colorado.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2021, 12:54:12 PM »
Judging by the lack of mountains in photo backgrounds, plus the abundance of level land off the in distance in some pics, I'm guessing somewhere in the front range foothills. Likely somewhere in the Walsenburg-Pueblo-Canon City triangle. Elevation pushes 10k there and the appearance is similar. It's nothing but desolate scrub. Everywhere else along the fronts is either military, national park, metro, or dissimilar in appearance.

Judging by their web page, they also seem to do some vestigial goodwill work in the Denver area so the proximity makes sense. I suppose it could be somewhere towards northwest Colorado. There's land there that would fit, but it's a bit far removed from anything you could call civilization.

They're also gonna have trouble if they dip anything more sophisticated than a canteen in their river. Wonder if they've gotten their first case of Giardia yet?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2021, 01:49:16 PM »
Could be around Walsenburg, land there is cheap because it's worthless. Those trees are Cedars and Pinons, and they're likely at least 100 years old. They are there because nothing else will grow.

I'm in Pueblo, about 45 miles north of Walsenburg.  Our annual precipitation is 12 inches per year, so I call BS on any "rivers".

Google "Drop City".  It was a hippie commune in the 60s. near Trinidad.  It didn't last either.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2021, 01:55:09 PM »
Could be around Walsenburg, land there is cheap because it's worthless. Those trees are Cedars and Pinons, and they're likely at least 100 years old. They are there because nothing else will grow.

I'm in Pueblo, about 45 miles north of Walsenburg.  Our annual precipitation is 12 inches per year, so I call BS on any "rivers".

Google "Drop City".  It was a hippie commune in the 60s. near Trinidad.  It didn't last either.
Do they still make the pamphlets in Pueblo, CO?  I guess all that would be on the internet now. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge