Author Topic: "White Supremacists" Officially the Greatest Threat to the US  (Read 8570 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: "White Supremacists" Officially the Greatest Threat to the US
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2021, 12:42:26 AM »
So, a question... Is it the biggest threat to the government, or is it the biggest threat to the country?
Blog under construction

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2021, 10:38:58 AM »
So, a question... Is it the biggest threat to the government, or is it the biggest threat to the country?

The government is the country as far as the government is concerned, so yes.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2021, 11:56:34 AM »
If you see something, say something . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2021, 08:25:13 AM »
Big tech has formed a "counterterrorism group" to eliminate "far right" content from their platforms using lists provided by global govs. Again, no mention of far left terrorism.

A private counterterrorism group formed by the world’s biggest tech companies, including Facebook, Google, and Microsoft, will use lists produced by government intelligence agencies to police content by far-right extremist terrorist organizations, it said in a report.

The database maintained by the Global Internet Forum to Counter Terrorism (GIFCT) has, until recently, focused on videos and images from terrorist groups on a United Nations list, and so has largely consisted of content from Islamist extremist organizations such as ISIS, al Qaeda, and the Taliban.

According to the report released on its website this month, the group said it would target “Five Eyes designated far-right extremist terrorist organizations.”

The group told Reuters that it will now vastly expand its the database using lists generated by Five Eyes—an alliance of government intelligence agencies comprised of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States—to target white supremacists and militias, including groups like the Proud Boys, the Three Percenters, and neo-Nazis.

More at:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/tech-giants-to-use-govt-intel-list-to-police-content-includes-far-right-terrorist-groups-report_3919905.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2021, 02:09:52 PM »
Big tech has formed a "counterterrorism group" to eliminate "far right" content from their platforms using lists provided by global govs. Again, no mention of far left terrorism.

More at:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/tech-giants-to-use-govt-intel-list-to-police-content-includes-far-right-terrorist-groups-report_3919905.html

Far left terrorism is just an idea.

Also, it earns you a place in future Democratic administrations.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2021, 05:06:29 PM »
And here we go:

The FBI director says we need to restricted encryption to stop domestic terrorists.

FBI Director Christopher Wray said Sept. 21 that restrictions on encrypted chat services are needed to combat domestic terrorism—claims that have been disputed by a wide array of tech companies, industry associations and privacy groups, as well as other government agencies.

Wray made these remarks during the Senate Committee on Homeland Security’s counterterrorism hearing.

“I can’t overstate the impact of default encryption and the role it’s playing, including on terrorism,” Wray said in response to a question from Sen. Jacky Rosen (D-Nev.) about what tools Congress can give law enforcerment to counter domestic extremism.

“The information that will allow us to separate the wheat from the chaff, in terms of social media, is being able to—with lawful process—get access to those communications, where most of the meaningful discussions of the violence is occurring,” Wray said.

Wray’s remarks were the latest in what tech companies, industry groups, and civil rights organizations have criticized as an anti-encryption campaign by law enforcement.

More at:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/fbi-director-ban-encryption-to-counter-domestic-extremism_4008176.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2021, 05:17:44 PM »
And here we go:

The FBI director says we need to restricted encryption to stop domestic terrorists.

More at:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/fbi-director-ban-encryption-to-counter-domestic-extremism_4008176.html

Banning encrypted communications by and for ordinary citizens will be the next step.  Make no mistake, it will happen.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2021, 05:20:53 PM »
Nonsensical solutions to a 99.99999% made up problem. Meanwhile Rome burns.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2021, 05:22:48 PM »
Banning encrypted communications by and for ordinary citizens will be the next step.  Make no mistake, it will happen.

I am beginning to think our fatalism has been a core failure of the conservative American movement. We see leftism as our inevitable future. I think it's a natural consequence of thinking of oneself as conservative/old-fashioned. It relegates us to the past.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2021, 05:31:18 PM »
Oh, ha ha - in my post I had written {white} domestic terrorists with "white" in brackets. But when you do that, it just turns the text white.  :laugh:

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2021, 05:32:24 PM »
Even your text is racist
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 06:08:35 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2021, 05:43:35 PM »
Ben, you with your racist white text, and full sentences with white supremacist punctuation!  Why, I bet you've had ideation of antisocial, domestic terrorism actions. Which itself is probably a crime of conspiracy to commit domestic terrorism, because you conspired with yourself. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2021, 05:47:04 PM »
Ben, you with your racist white text, and full sentences with white supremacist punctuation!  Why, I bet you've had ideation of antisocial, domestic terrorism actions. Which itself is probably a crime of conspiracy to commit domestic terrorism, because you conspired with yourself.

DON'T FORGET THAT I OFTEN POST IN ALL CAPS TOO!!!!!!!!!!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2021, 05:51:34 PM »

typical boomer
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2021, 07:28:43 PM »

Snobby Roman elitist that's too good for the plebian cursive!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2021, 10:26:59 PM »
I am beginning to think our fatalism has been a core failure of the conservative American movement. We see leftism as our inevitable future. I think it's a natural consequence of thinking of oneself as conservative/old-fashioned. It relegates us to the past.

All republics have a finite lifespan.  Most last 200-250 years before succumbing to what amounts to "old age" for a society.  And in effect, the United States is dying of old age.  One of the symptoms of that aging is leftism.  There are many others.