Main Forums > The Roundtable

The $ 300,000 lifeguard

<< < (2/4) > >>

Hawkmoon:

--- Quote from: 230RN on May 13, 2021, 02:21:50 PM ---Amusing (?) sidelight, an incident that's stuck in my head.

Early 60s, just married, went for a job interview as a Tech Writer.  "You can't be a Tech Writer, that's a $10,000 a year job."

Age discrimination.

--- End quote ---

"So you want to be a tech writer. Is English your first language?"

"Yes."

"Can you write?"

"Yes."

"Sorry, you're over-qualified for the job."

MechAg94:
Don't you sort of need to make that much to afford a home within a short distance of the beach?

Ben:
The more interesting question: Fry electronics is a news site now?

Fly320s:

--- Quote from: MechAg94 on May 13, 2021, 04:00:30 PM ---Don't you sort of need to make that much to afford a home within a short distance of the beach?

--- End quote ---

Lifeguards don't need to live that close to the beach.  They can drive in, just like everyone else.

MechAg94:

--- Quote from: Fly320s on May 13, 2021, 06:52:02 PM ---Lifeguards don't need to live that close to the beach.  They can drive in, just like everyone else.

--- End quote ---
I have been in the Chevron refinery over at Hermosa beach.  I think everyone who works for a living drives in.  My company has a site there and some of the guys work 3 AM to 12 Noon or some odd schedule like that to avoid traffic.  I think Chevron has RV parking for their operators to park for their shift sets. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version