Author Topic: How Dare Israel...  (Read 3820 times)

Jim147

• friends
Re: How Dare Israel...
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2021, 11:47:15 PM »
I'll give you my answer. They screw with Iran since we won't really do it.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2021, 01:15:06 PM »
TommyGunn, You were happy to throw "BUT WHAT ABOUT OUR ALLY" in my face, but you haven't responded to my answer.  So I'll post it again.

I'd love an answer to this, because for the life of me, I can't find one.

You can do without the snark.

I explained myself already,  you just don't accept it. 
If you don't understand how having Israel as an ally is  a benefit to both Israel and America,  I doubt anyone can. 
Having an ally there,  in a region surrounded by terrorists and usually antagonistic Islamists can be beneficial to us as a base for intelligence gathering,  both ways. 
And please don't wax eloquent about how Israel has spied on us.  The British Government has spied on us.  Any government sophisticated and advanced enough to develop an intelligence operation spies on others, both friendlies and antagonists.

That's one way they're a benefit ..... though I have doubts you see it that way.

We should agree to disagree if you don't accept this.  Continuing this goes nowhere good.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2021, 07:59:11 PM »
Yep.  Couldn't possibly care less, and spare me the neocon callback to WW2, it's not remotely relevant or comparable.

While we're at it,  What national interest does it serve to be allied with Israel?  Alliances should be mutually beneficial.  All we get is grief and debt.

THAT being said,  the Izzys can push the Palestinians into the sea for all I care.  The Palis are generally aholes, but they also have a legitimate beef.  Let them and Israel sort it out without us.
I don't think the Palestinians have a legitimate beef at all anymore.  They spent decades being used as political tools by the ME nations who were belligerent to Israel.  Now they have a place to stay and are still political tools used by their own leaders they elected. 

IMO, the biggest use to us of Israel is being targets for all the ME terrorists.  If Israel wasn't there, more of them would be targeting others including us. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2021, 09:06:16 PM »
IMO, the biggest use to us of Israel is being targets for all the ME terrorists.  If Israel wasn't there, more of them would be targeting others including us. 

... and the Israelis are beta testing our weapons systems.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2021, 11:09:50 PM »
You can do without the snark.

I explained myself already,  you just don't accept it. 
If you don't understand how having Israel as an ally is  a benefit to both Israel and America,  I doubt anyone can. 
Having an ally there,  in a region surrounded by terrorists and usually antagonistic Islamists can be beneficial to us as a base for intelligence gathering,  both ways. 
And please don't wax eloquent about how Israel has spied on us.  The British Government has spied on us.  Any government sophisticated and advanced enough to develop an intelligence operation spies on others, both friendlies and antagonists.

That's one way they're a benefit ..... though I have doubts you see it that way.

We should agree to disagree if you don't accept this.  Continuing this goes nowhere good.

You know what?  *expletive deleted*ck it.  I don't have a bone to pick with you but that's all BS.

You haven't "explained yourself" yet.  You've talked down to me, implied that since I don't share your views on Israel I'm basically a Nazi, and dodged my questions.  Way to make your point  ;/ 

And don't you dare put words in my mouth.  I've never said a thing about the Izzys spying on us.  Which they do.  Along with any competent nation.  Did we shoot up any of their intel boats?  Hint for you,  the answer is no.

There wasn't snark prior to this,  but you've definitely earned contempt.

"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2021, 11:11:43 PM »
I have NEVER  called you a nazi.  I did say if this continued it wouldn't go well.

Thanks for proving me correct. ;)
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2021, 11:18:17 PM »
I have NEVER  called you a nazi.  I did say if this continued it wouldn't go well.

Thanks for proving me correct. ;)

Good VS Evil quote.

Good to know where you stand on the matter of good vs. evil. >:D

Irrelevant bunch of nonsense referencing WW2 and our contribution VS the Nazis.

While I do not defend some our our military  adventures (think Iraq) and others were well-motivated but poorly prosecuted,  I remain skeptical of the idea that "our allies have the ability to take care of their own problems,"  atleast as a universal statement.  We were allied with England in the early 20th century,  yet,  were they really able to defeat the Third Reich without our help? ?   
Our experience in WW1 soured us (naturally)  to European wars to the degree Churchill quiped, "you can always count on America to do the right thing .... after they try everything else first." 
Even the Japanese had invaded much of the western Pacific countries .... and we got annoyed and embargoed oil and steel. 

But the Dec. 7th 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor,  and Hitler's declaration of war on America quickly thereafter  destroyed any illusion of noninterference or neutrality we had.

We needed the alliances we had to prosecute the war against Tojo and Hitler.

If we are today, to remain neutral in a world "Governed by the aggressive use of force," as Rush Limbaugh correctly pointed out,  we'd be well advised to maintain a sufficient military to defeat a major enemy such as a bigger, badder China without the need of allies ..... for we might wind up with few of those.

Your words.  Much snark.  Which you simultaneously don't like but use.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2021, 12:02:16 PM »
That is still not calling you a Nazi, though.  I'm sorry if you took it that way, but your reasoning is deficient if you did.   
Unfortunatly,  .... or whatever .... the Nazis were the penultimate icon of evil, atleast in modern europe. 

Where you stand on the question of good vs. evil?  To be specific,  the appropriate answer is:

NEUTRAL

Sorry if that went over your head.   I don't personally consider "neutral"  a good place to be ..... but it does eliminate any possibility of your being nominated for a position in the Einsatzgruppen. [tinfoil]

As for WW2  and Nazis being "irrelevant,"   (would you have prefered Ghenghis Kahn?  :angel: ) I don't see why they'd be irrelevant.   1. The Nazis where allied with Islamic extremism.  2. To me, atleast,  the biggest difference is scale.  Both represent evil, expansionist ideologies which only offer oppression and death to the world,  especially to those who do not fall in line with their agenda.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2021, 12:16:34 PM »
This one is going downhill, so I'm gonna shut 'er down.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."