Author Topic: biden-announces-new-rule-get-vaccinated-or-wear-a-mask-until-you-do  (Read 1179 times)

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
https://republicandaily.net/2021/05/biden-announces-new-rule-get-vaccinated-or-wear-a-mask-until-you-do/

Really? and how do you accomplish that without requiring his loyal subjects wear an ID tag and carry their loyalty card.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
I wonder how long until law enforcement begins stopping people without masks to check for their vaccination cards?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
The Scarlet Letter/Yellow Star (of David) anyone?
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

cordex

• Administrator
I wonder how long until law enforcement begins stopping people without masks to check for their vaccination cards?
I happen to know that our county prosecutor has sent specific instructions to all LE in the county that they cannot legally enforce any mask requirements. They won’t even trespass someone from a business for failing to mask up at the business’ request. I doubt they will be asking for vaccination papers any time soon.

But there are certainly places they would jump at the chance.

Jim147

• friends
Almost no masks around here since last summer. All the sheriff's said we don't have time for mask police crap.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Good luck with that, Joe.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

JTHunter

• friends
The Scarlet Letter/Yellow Star (of David) anyone?

Exactly !
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
When they see you with one

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
I'll keep wearing a mask out in public long after the requirement ends, just because I need the reminder to stay away from folks until this thing dies down (or out).  I'm seeing very few young people with masks now as it is.

Lennyjoe

• friend
Masks are slowly disappearing here in Ohio as we get closer to the 2 June end date. I’m done wearing one but my wife still does.  I’m vaccinated and she’s not.  Her choice and I won’t pressure her either way.

To each their own...

JTHunter

• friends
Re: biden-announces-new-rule-get-vaccinated-or-wear-a-mask-until-you-do
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2021, 10:53:43 PM »
I'll keep wearing a mask out in public long after the requirement ends, just because I need the reminder to stay away from folks until this thing dies down (or out).  I'm seeing very few young people with masks now as it is.

Unfortunately, this is going to be like the flu.  There will be annual "re-vaccinations" with newer products and they will be as effective as the flu shots have been.  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2021, 11:18:11 PM »
Unfortunately, this is going to be like the flu.  There will be annual "re-vaccinations" with newer products and they will be as effective as the flu shots have been.  [barf]

Maybe.   Maybe also the covid19 virus will mutate into a form that is less deadly than what it is now,  which is what many "experts" claim  a virus does,  which seems logical as it makes no sense to kill off the host population.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2021, 11:59:46 PM »
Maybe.   Maybe also the covid19 virus will mutate into a form that is less deadly than what it is now,  which is what many "experts" claim  a virus does,  which seems logical as it makes no sense to kill off the host population.

Then why have the variants that have shown up in the UK and South Africa been more infectious and more dangerous (or so they say)?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2021, 02:10:20 AM »
[Then why have the variants that have shown up in the UK and South Africa been more infectious and more dangerous (or so they say)?

Because (IMHO) of course some of the strains are more virulent, and some are less.  Over time which become dominant?  (I don't know but I think it's usually the less deadly strains)  Of course we are adapting too.
"It's good, though..."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2021, 10:10:02 AM »
Then why have the variants that have shown up in the UK and South Africa been more infectious and more dangerous (or so they say)?

I've heard they're more infectious,  but not more dangerous.   By next year  the virus may have mutated further.  Also,  what I said was a generalization.  I don't know if covid 19 will mutate into THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN  or some annoying flu like organism.  No one does.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero