Author Topic: Counterfeit Maglulas on Amazon  (Read 1149 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Counterfeit Maglulas on Amazon
« on: January 07, 2021, 07:45:39 PM »
Just looked on Amazon and can't find any Maglula products and this may be why.
May want to check your Maglula products if you own any

For those who don’t know, Maglula is an Israeli-based company that makes various magazine loaders for firearms that allow shooters to more easily load handgun magazines. On December 12th, a federal lawsuit was filed which claimed that Amazon was a direct seller of the Maglula Counterfeits.

This lawsuit comes on the heels of another successful suit against Chinese manufacturer Hangzhou Goodtools Co Ltd for making unauthorized copies of its UpLULA universal pistol magazine loader. The Amazon counterfeit was apparently sold by Amazon, arrived in Amazon packaging, and was then subsequently returned to a third-party liquidation center and listed for resale.

Maglula claims that they have repeatedly warned Amazon about the counterfeit magazine loaders. According to The Counterfeit Report, the best way to be refunded your money if you receive a counterfeit Maglula product is to hold onto the counterfeit product as evidence during your open dispute

Alleged Maglula Counterfeits Instigate Amazon Inventory Inspection
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2021/01/06/maglula-counterfeits-amazon/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Blakenzy

• friend
Re: Counterfeit Maglulas on Amazon
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 07:54:20 PM »
China!
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 07:57:11 PM »
On the front page of their website

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 08:08:31 PM »
I am SHOCKED! to learn that Brother Bezos might be involved in selling counterfeit products.

Who'dathunkit?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 12:24:10 AM »
" . . . another successful suit against Chinese manufacturer Hangzhou Goodtools Co Ltd . . . "

Hmmm . . . let me guess how this will go.

The assets of this company (e.g., the tooling) were probably leased from some other Chinese company which in turn leased them to a new company, Hangzhou Finetools Co Ltd, which is totally different from Hangzhou Goodtools Co Ltd, and only has the same address as the latter company since it went out of business (no assets) and left it's factory space vacant and fortuitously available for Hangzhou Finetools Co Ltd.

Gee, I wonder what products Hangzhou Finetools Co Ltd, will be manufacturing?

And if you think this arrangement is fishy, feel free to hire Chinese lawyers licensed to practice in Chinese courts and try to prove otherwise - they'll try to get you on the docket sometime in the next couple of years.

(I worked for a large highly diversified U.S. based multinational company that had to deal with that kind of cr@p all the time. We even left some product lines because of it.  :mad:   )
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 08:53:26 AM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 09:42:51 PM »
Could always embargo China.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 09:29:44 AM »
Could always embargo China.

Can't do that.  Our new President would go broke.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2021, 10:48:54 AM »
Update: Maglula wins

Note the underlined

Despite Amazon asserting throughout the case that it is not liable for intellectual property infringement because it is just a platform and not the actual seller of counterfeit goods, the Finnegan team was able to successfully convince Judge O’Grady otherwise and secured orders from the court denying Amazon’s multiple challenges to Maglula’s complaint. The case also marked a number of firsts in counterfeit lawsuits against Amazon, including an order that was granted to allow Amazon’s warehouses to be inspected for counterfeit goods (ostensibly a first of its kind in an IP case against Amazon) and a finding that Amazon destroyed evidence after Maglula filed its complaint.

Victory! Maglula Defeats Amazon in Counterfeit Claims
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2021/12/08/maglula-defeats-amazon/
- Calvin and Hobbes