Author Topic: Hes taunting him  I swear hes taunting him,  (Read 10088 times)

onions!

Hes taunting him  I swear hes taunting him,
« on: March 27, 2007, 09:34:56 AM »
From MSN news.

Mouse taunts man, makes off with his dentures

Captured rodent escapes from Maine resident, then takes prosthetic teeth

Updated: 3:30 p.m. ET March 24, 2007
WATERVILLE, Maine - Never underestimate a mouses determination.

Theres a mouse in Bill Exners house that he says he has captured three times. Each time, the mouse escaped, and the last time the rodent made off with his lower dentures.

Exner, 68, said he and his wife Shirley scoured his bedroom after the dentures disappeared from his night stand.

Story continues below ↓
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We moved the bed, moved the dressers and the night stand and tore the closet apart, he said. I said, I knew that little stinker stole my teeth  I just knew it.

They found a small opening in a wall where they suspected the mouse was coming and going, and their daughters fiance, Eric Holt, stepped in to help.

He brought a crowbar and hammer and he sawed off a section of wood and pulled up the molding and everything, Exner said. It was quite a job.

They retrieved the dentures, and Holt suggested his future father-in-law boil them in peroxide and whatever else he could find for to disinfect it.

The mouse apparently isnt done. It frequently comes out and stares at Exner, his wife said.

Hes taunting him  I swear hes taunting him, Shirley Exner said.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Hes taunting him  I swear hes taunting him,
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 09:45:33 AM »
Benny Hill reincarnated as a rodent?

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

cosine

• Administrator
Re: “He’s taunting him — I swear he’s taunting him,”
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 10:09:52 AM »
C'mon Preacherman, you gotta have a pun for this one!  grin
Andy

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 10:25:22 AM »
Get a pellet gun. He can stare at it coming at him. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Re: “He’s taunting him — I swear he’s taunting him,”
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 10:32:52 AM »
No need for a pellet gun.  Just hire the little rodent as a QC expert in your string cheese factory. grin
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Stickjockey

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 10:35:06 AM »
"Now go away! Or I shall taunt you, a squeakond time!"
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 11:24:19 AM »
mice do not return from the floppy boot stomp
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

JimMarch

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 12:49:56 PM »
Years ago my kid brother had a couple of rats.  Cute little boogers, actually.  I was just barely able to shave and had grown my first 'stashe.

One day I had one of these overgrown mousies on my lap, petting it, and on a whim I gently tweaked it's whiskers.  It looked up at me, ran up my chest and pulled on my mustache.

Swear to God, it's not impossible it IS taunting him.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 01:00:20 PM »
The whole situation bites, but it's the old man's fault for not putting some teeth in his response. 

There's no way he's going to fix this denture-stealing mouse problem by creating cavities in the walls.  Forget the fiance.  He's merely a bridge to getting someone with wisdom on retainer who will adhere to a plan with some solid roots and brace themself for a real mouse extraction.

grin
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

crt360

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 01:47:25 PM »
He needs to taunt back with Crimson Trace and rat shot, or one of those full auto airsofts.  You can't let a mouse push you around like that, jefe.  Next thing you know he'll be moving in on your ol' lady.
For entertainment purposes only.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 01:52:25 PM »

"Now go away! Or I shall taunt you, a squeakond time!"

Gives the quote "Your father was a hamster.." a whole new meaning.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 02:42:03 PM »
A few years ago we had a couple of cute little mice running around the house.  I made a trip to Wal Mart to obtain a few mouse traps.  After a few weeks of feeding the little critters cheese and peanut butter, I finally got the traps to trip while they were eating.  No more mice problems.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 04:56:14 PM »
A few years ago we had a couple of cute little mice running around the house.  I made a trip to Wal Mart to obtain a few mouse traps.  After a few weeks of feeding the little critters cheese and peanut butter, I finally got the traps to trip while they were eating.  No more mice problems.

The more they eat, the fatter and slower they get. Smiley

I rub the peanut butter into cotton balls and wind them on the trigger, made the buggers tug harder to get it.

I also polish the points of contact to remove burrs and reduce lock time, but I have some gunsmith tools and WAYYYYY too much time on my hands.  rolleyes
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 05:57:59 PM »
The old man could just leave a few of his warfarin pills out and maybe the rodent will die from eating them. If you didn't know anticoagulant pills contain the same stuff in rat poison.

-Charby
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

mustanger98

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 06:06:45 PM »
That's nothing. I recall a news article from last summer... they were having a bad drought and fires in New Mexico and this guy for whatever reason was burning trash. He had a mouse in his house and he caught it and threw it in the fire outside. The mouse ran out of the fire... the mouse being on fire... and ran back to the house and set it on fire too. Burnt the guy's house down.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 08:28:20 PM »
Maybe the mouse mistook them for his own rodentures.   grin
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

glockfan.45

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 08:35:01 PM »
Maybe the mouse mistook them for his own rodentures.   

Boooo!
A new place to disuss all things firearms related
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 04:19:51 AM »
My father and I make dentures- that's around a $4000-5000 set, if they are quality dentures. Peanut butter is the bait that I have had the most success with.

Mustanger98, that article was a hoax. The guy lied. He didn't want to admit what an idiot he was for burning down his house when he was not supposed to be burning anyway.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2007, 05:29:58 AM »
I have heard that hanging the mouse trap and dangling it just low enough for the mouse/rat to reach is a good way to ensure they have to grab the food. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

mfree

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2007, 07:10:19 AM »
I had sneaky ones... they'd get the food off the trap, invariably.

Eventually I made a little cardboard platform that attached to the trigger plate, as well as adjusting the "sear", etc.

Got three, rapid-fire. Since then the food, and other "treats" left out, haven't been touched.