Author Topic: The interrogation of Saddam Hussein  (Read 301 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
The interrogation of Saddam Hussein
« on: March 14, 2023, 08:56:45 PM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: The interrogation of Saddam Hussein
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 07:09:38 AM »
Is it a liberal cry fest that George Bush's fascists spoke harshly to him and were overall just meanies?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 11:30:51 AM »
Is it a liberal cry fest that George Bush's fascists spoke harshly to him and were overall just meanies?

Doesn't look like it.  It is an interesting article.

I thought this statement was really interesting:

I asked Saddam, “When sanctions were lifted, what were you going to do?” He said, “We were going to do what we needed to do or what we would have to do to protect us.” Which was his way of saying he would have reconstituted his entire WMD program.

I did some reading about the US soldiers that guarded Saddam.  He was incredibly charismatic, and eventually got all of them emotionally engaged with him.  Some were very upset when he was executed.  The ability to do this is fascinating, given that they presumably knew the horrible things he had done.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2023, 11:32:47 AM »
Doesn't look like it.  It is an interesting article.

I thought this statement was really interesting:

I asked Saddam, “When sanctions were lifted, what were you going to do?” He said, “We were going to do what we needed to do or what we would have to do to protect us.” Which was his way of saying he would have reconstituted his entire WMD program.

I did some reading about the US soldiers that guarded Saddam.  He was incredibly charismatic, and eventually got all of them emotionally engaged with him.  Some were very upset when he was executed.  The ability to do this is fascinating, given that they presumably knew the horrible things he had done.

That’s not terribly unusual.  Serial killers like Ted Bundy had similar effects.  It’s something psychopaths are very good at.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2023, 12:29:20 PM »
The other thing that interests me about the book is the difference in interrogation styles between the military, CIA and FBI and I hope the author goes into that.  I have read some things about this, and bearing in mind that each organization has different goals from an interrogation, makes me wonder about the more forceful approach used by the military and CIA and if it is effective. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.